main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

September Meeting Agenda

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by Ariadnae1, Aug 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    Hey all, thought I would start this thread. I am going to work on our old flyers, update them, and have a template to show at the meeting so we can vote on them, I guess. That way we will have something to hand out at the Suncoast thing on the 21st.

I do have one request though. If at all possible, could we have the meeting on the 11th instead of the 10th? If this won't work for everyone, I understand. I just have plans for the 10th (the ZZ top concert) and want to be at the meeting. Please post and let me know, okay? Also, we need to get as many ideas for the meeting as we can, so post away.

Welcome
    August Minutes
    Treasurer's Report
    Report on Con in Boise
    Star Wars News
    DVD Release Events
    Halloween Party

Anything else??

2. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    We could have the meeting Saturday if that is cool with everyone else?

3. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    Fine with me.

And one way or another, Ill have my Quantum Leap film done by then, so we can show off Adam and Doug's long awaited return to the screen.

4. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    Saturday work for me.

BTW, I think the only person waiting for my return to the screen is my mom, and she doesn't count because, well, she's my mom.

5. DurfNader

DurfNader Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2004
    SATURDAY MIGHT BE AND OPTION FOR ME, BUT THURS., AND FRI. ARE EASIER TO GET OFF EARLY.

6. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    I was thinking ot would be good to put Celebration III on the agenda because it seems like there are more members interested in making the trip. I'm thinking by the next meeting we should know more about tickets and hotels and stuff.

7. Ariadnae1

Apr 15, 2003
    The meeting will be saturday just for September. In October it will be on Fridays as usual.

8. Ariadnae1

Apr 15, 2003
    Okay guys, we need to decide what we want to talk about. WE did so good last month, let's keep it up.

Also, I want to set down a date for when we will go to the Planetarium. We can just go on a Thursday at 7pm, when the rest of the public does. This wouldn't be a problem, as long as we get there early enough, there is enough room for all that want to go, and we like what will be playing.

I want input people!!!!!

9. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    I think we ought to talk about getting a new Vice President.

10. Ariadnae1

Apr 15, 2003
    Good point. I also want to ask if someone would like to do the new website.

Laura and I are trying to find a cool place to have it too, if it is nice, we want to do it outdoors again. It is nice to be outside, especially if your job keeps you indoors all the time.

11. Boskone_Kenobi

Feb 15, 2002
    I like the idea of having the meetings in unofficial places, as these are supposed to be friendly get togethers, not classes. I would like to have the meetings at everyones house on a rotating basis. Show off your stuff!

Ladies and Gentleman, I am moving to a new address even as we speak. A house on 12th street. Big basement, big backyard with patio. And I want to have a get together in my new backyard before it gets too cold. So I would like to offer my new backyard for the meeting. While we are at my house I can show you the Biggs/Luke/Anchorhead deleted scene which I jsut remembered that I had. Now I realize that my backyard may not be official "outdoors", as you were probably thinking of a park. But if you want to come by over the weekend and give it an official look and judgement, its at 615 12th St. Ill be back and forth all weekend. My cell is 520-0767

I am moving all weekend, and may need some help in deciding which poster goes on which wall. Any help will be appreciated.

12. Ariadnae1

Apr 15, 2003
    For this months meeting, we were thinking of going to The Crossing up on Skyline for our meeting. The club will buy pizza's and we would have to buy drinks for ourselves there.

How does this sound to everyone?

If we need to, we can always get the pizza's and meet else where, like Barry's backyard, if weather permits.

Any input?

13. nordicgal

nordicgal Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    We should also talk about Bowling for Kids Sake.

Also, weren't we supposed to look at club T-shirts?

14. BithLord42

BithLord42 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    We don't neccesarily need a new website, we still have the old one. It's still hosted, we just need to re-register the domain name, which I will look into. I will volunteer to maintain the website, I will try to find a better place to host it, but the main thing we need to do is register the domain again. I'll have a report on the status of that hopefully by the meeting, and I will probably post it in a new thread when I do have this information.

For now though, you can see the website at

http://s90955334.onlinehome.us/ifswa/

15. Boskone_Kenobi

Feb 15, 2002
    I wanted to ask if I may use precious meeting time to have an impromptu pre-screening focus-group feedback session for my summer movie (the quantum leap thing). I have reached an impasse and seriously require a fresh point of view from unbiased eyes to help me make a very crucial decision concerning a problem that has developed. However, I remembered that the meeting will be held at the Pizza place. Hmmmmmmm. Was that the final decision? Can I or should I drag a TV along or can we find a mutual solution? (I REALLY do need the feedback :( )

16. Ariadnae1

Apr 15, 2003
    Barry, do you think that maybe after the meeting we could go to your house and you can show us there??

Just a thought.

Okay, meeting agenda. I want this firmed up by Thursday so I can get it typed up and such.

Welcome
    August Minutes
    Treasurer's Report
    Report on Con in Boise
    Star Wars News
    DVD Release Events
    New Flyers
    T-shirts
    Bowling for Kids Sake
    New Vice President
    New Webmaster
    Halloween Party

Does this look good? Anything else that needs to be added????

17. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    Are we going to do an outing for Resident Evil: Apocolypse after the meeting? I understand that this flick appeals to smaller group than like AVP or Riddick, but it still might be cool...

18. Boskone_Kenobi

Feb 15, 2002
    I would love to have the gang over after the meeting, if everyone can handle all that driving. My new house is on the corner of Holmes and 12th thereabouts. (Be advised some areas are still a mess, but I have fixed up the tv room.) I would like to have a SW DVD party there as well. So I will ask the gang during the meeting for volunteers as to who wants to drop on over.

Two of the movies I submitted to Fandemonium ended up winning awards, including Best in Show. I could show those as well if people didnt think I was being megalomaniac (I take my modesty very seriously). But Ill ask at the meeting.

19. Ariadnae1

Apr 15, 2003
    in response to both of you, both sound like good ideas.

I think the meeting on saturday will be at 6 so we might be able to do both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.