September meeting cancelled

Discussion in 'Lafayette, IN' started by Takianna, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Takianna Force Ghost

star 3
    We are going to reschedule our september meeting for sometime in October.
    Hope to see everyone there.
  2. hofie Jedi Knight

star 2
    Let's just go with the 6th at this point. I think it's best to keep it as close to today as possible.
  3. MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Lafayette resident checking in. I didn't know we had an official chapter.
  4. Takianna Force Ghost

star 3
    Yeah I think October 6th would be great.
  5. hofie Jedi Knight

star 2
    It's settled then.

October 6th, 6:00, B Dubs on the levee. I'll email people who aren't on here but have spoken with me in the past and see if we can get some interest going.
  6. hofie Jedi Knight

star 2
    I just wanted to check in and see if anyone else was planning on going...

I emailed people who have sent me interest emails and never heard from anyone, so I don't know if it's just gonna be the two of us or if anyone else was going to come.
  7. Takianna Force Ghost

star 3
    I haven't heard from anyone else either.

8. hofie Jedi Knight

star 2
    well, if it's just you and me I don't know if we really should have it since that doesn't count as an official meeting. I dunno.
  9. Takianna Force Ghost

star 3
    Okay. we don't really have to meet if it's just us. I just hope that the whole thing is not falling apart and that there are people who aren't going to come at all. I mean we are all busy and it's hard to get away and all, but ... okay enough ranting and raving. Just let me know if we are going to meet or not.

Jenn
  10. hofie Jedi Knight

star 2
    I actually just got an email saying someone could come, so we're game on again :)
  11. Takianna Force Ghost

star 3
  12. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Sorry to intrude on your board,But I was just thinking...It looks like you guys are having trouble recruiting members. With all those kids at Purdue you would think 5 or 10 of them would like SW enough to join a fan club. And believe me ,We don't have a huge number down here at I.U. During the school year we have around 18 members .Off , we have around 9 regulars.I have been the C.R. for the Hoosier Alliance for almost 2 years so If you need any advise,look at our boards and contact me or anyone else in our F.F.

Best Regards
    Echo-3
    Eric
  13. hofie Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey, Eric, I've actually put up many flyers on campus and put up meeting notices in Facebook, and no one seems to be interested. There were a few that just couldnt' make it last month for whatever reason, and I'm hoping that we can get something next month, but I'm not all that sure. I'm personally really busy right now with Rebel Legion DVD events and haven't been able to devote much time to it, but hopefully after Tuesday I can get things going again.

I'd certainly appreciate any help/ advice you could give, even if it's coming from our evil neighbors to the south ;)
  14. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Some advise I can give
    Ask the place you hold meeting's to put up a sign in the store.
    Contact the local and college newspaper and ask to have your meetings publish. You are a non-profit org So they should be willing to do it for ya. If you have a public access TV channel on your cables system ,reach out to them as well for advertising.
    Put up flyer's at the Purdue library.Also go to the public library and ask them to put your fan club into there computer as a local monthly event. So when anyone does a search for SW books, Your fan club will pop up too. Feel free to email me anytime on any FF mater's.I have been though it all in our 2 years of existence. Good Luck & MTFBWY
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.