main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC September Meeting/Cookout Planning Thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by eddie-wan-kenobi, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    For those who didnt make the meeting Saturday, the next meeting is going to be held at my house. We're going to cook hot dogs or whatever you want to bring. I have to date this for a weekend that I dont have my kids and luckily my wife already has her on-call schedule for September. It looks like I wont have them the first two weekends in September for sure. So if we can plan on having it one of those times it would be great. Whichever date is better for everyone as I would like as many to come over as can make it. The rest of the month is kind of iffy as I'll probably have them a couple of weekends in a row to keep things even. Yall just let me know which date will be best. Once we agree on a date we'll start planning and I'll post directions to the house. I am encouraging the consumption of large amounts of alchohol :D but one rule applies: if you drink you crash at my house. Okay. :)

2. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    I'm already booked up the weekends of September 3rd and 24th. Any other weekend my schedule should be open.

3. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    I believe the second Saturday of September will be the 10th. That would work for me. Beer you say? Ok, you twisted my arm. :D

4. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Yes, the second Saturday is the 10th. Its B.Y.O.B so bring whatever is to your liking: beer, blue, whatever.

5. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    BYOB ~ Bring Your Own Blue ;) I should be able to make it :) Looking forward to seeing the crowd again.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

6. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    I'll post more info including the directions on the site once a definite time is in play.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

7. BarrisOffee

BarrisOffee Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2005
    Hey, sounds like a plan. Now there's something we can afford. I'll bring potato salad and other stuff. And of course,if any of you know me, I'll bring beer or vodka (I am Russian you know). :p

8. star-killer1

star-killer1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Everyone drink alot for me ok![face_worried]

9. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Affordability was one of the biggest reasons I liked this plan, Barriss. Everyone can bring whatever they like. I don't have the biggest grill in the world, but it should be more then enough for some hot dogs and/or burgers.

10. eris_of_discord

eris_of_discord Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2005
    I will make some dessert to bring.

11. Drakkor_Knightmoon

Drakkor_Knightmoon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2004
    I would like it to be the 10th or 11th cuz after that i will be in New York for a while for my college and I would like to see everyone before i leave...

12. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Looks like the 10th is leading the votes right now. I guess we can make it official soon.

13. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    September 10th, going once!?!?!?!

14. Kazuma_Kuahara

Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    10th sounds good to me, can't ask off that weekend since i've made it to third key holder now at ebgames hehehe. but if things work out for me to make it i'll be bringing some blue supplies i hope hehe. but another thing that might be going on in sept would be me moving but thats all based on when i get my check and such too, i'll keep everyone informed though.

15. FettFan5150

FettFan5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 28, 2003
    The 10th. will work for me.... :D

16. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    Going twice!?!?!?!

17. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    sold?

18. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    The 10th it is then. :)

19. Maul-Madness

Maul-Madness Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2005
  20. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    Gone! Sold to the man in black with the iron lung.

21. bigdaddyfuller

bigdaddyfuller Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    hey gang,
    i am sorry i had to miss the last meeting. as of right now, the 10th of sept. sounds good to me. was anything talked about i need to know? school started this week for me and man, is this semimenster going to be fun.(lol) so if i seemed to have dropped off othe boards, you know why.( studying,homework,and my job) i will of course check the boards when i can. later y'all

22. Master_Johnson

Master_Johnson Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    10th sounds great to me

23. Kazuma_Kuahara

Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    well guys it looks like i might not be able to make this one either, but i'm not sure yet... i'll let you guys know when i get more info...

24. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    I'm gonna go ahead and post directions to the house. The Wilson folk should already know how to get there.

For those coming from Rocky Mount or the Roanoke Rapids area:

Take I-95 South to exit 132. Take a right at the top of the ramp. Keep straight (only about a mile or two) and you will come to a stop light. There will be an L&L store on one corner, a church on the other. Keep straight through the light. When you go through that stoplight, you will see a HUGE farm operation on the left. When you get to the end of that, Baker Rd is on the right. Its the first road you'll come to. Take Baker Rd about another 1/2 mile. You'll go around a curve and my place is the doublewide on the left with the big screen porch. 4858 is on the mailbox.

For those coming from Spring Hope/Bunn: My advice is just go the way you would normally go to Matts house but, if your coming from Nashville, keep straight on 58 instead of turning on the road Matt lives on. Go to the stoplight I mentioned above and take a right at the L&L, then follow the rest of the directions. If anyone has any trouble when the time comes, just call me at 903-3082.

25. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    Barring Hell or high water I will be at this meeting. Speaking of which I have updated the News section on the site to reflect this meeting's current plans and travel directions.

Will still need a list of who is to bring what...

26. Soft Drinks

27. Hamburger

28. Hot Dogs

29. Rolls

30. Chips

31. Condiments (Mustard, Ketchup, Chill, Cheese, Slaw, Onion, Tomato, Pickle, Lettuce, etc.)

32. Covered Dish

33. Desserts

34. Alcohol (This may be a BYOB situation)

35. ... anything else I may have forgotten

36. Lod-Reh SaJon ~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.