main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA September meeting/DVD party planning thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Chris-Stacina_Rajinn, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Hey guys, it?s September, so I figured that it was about time I posted some info about the September meeting/DVD party (Plus Chris has been nagging me about it ;) ). Sorry it wasn't up sooner, we're still working on getting the internet. We'll be online soon though.

OK, first of all, since this thing is an all day affair, I figure that it?s important to worry about feeding all of you. Since we?ll be starting at 11 am I know that some of you are likely to show up ready for lunch, and other?s won?t even have had breakfast yet. So I was thinking of maybe getting some doughnuts to snack on while people are arriving and during the first movie. Then I was thinking of sandwiches for lunch, and if no one has any objections, Tina and I were going make spaghetti for dinner.

So, here is a tentative schedule of events for the day.

Date: Saturday, September, 25:

11am: Arrival, greetings, doughnuts, etc?
    12pm: We?ll start watching ANH.
    2:30-3pm: The meeting and lunch.
    4pm: We?ll start watching ESB.
    7pm: We?ll break for dinner.
    8pm: We?ll start ROTJ.
    10:30-11pm: Last movie ends.
    After 11pm: THE AFTER PARTY!! ;)

Now as far as meals are concerned, do you agree that lunch is a good idea at all? If so then we?re going to need some people to bring things. Do sandwiches sound ok to everyone? I figure that?s easy and not too expensive. If you guys do agree, then we?ll need some people to bring some lunch meat, cheese, buns, etc. Anyone up for helping out with that?

Tina and I?ll take care of dinner, and Chris said that she?d bring stuff to make salad with, so that?s all taken care of. I?ll get the doughnuts if you guys want them. Do you?

Other than that everyone can just bring whatever snacks and drinks and other things they might want to have while watching the movies.

Last but not least, I?d like to get an approximate count of who all is planning on showing up and what they?re bringing.

Here?s the list so far:
    (updated 9/23/04)
    Tina and myself, of course.
    Chris, who is bringing salad stuff.
    Bonnie, bringing brownies.
    Sal, who is bringing some of the lunch stuff.
    JediJasen, bring meatballs
    Josh
    Zero
    Brian, bringing pretzels
    Liz (our friend who always shows up to events)

Possibly coming:
    Allie
    Brendon?

The meeting/party, will be at mine and Tina's apartment in Indiana. Anyone needing directions and parking info should PM Tina or I.

OK, so how does that sound? Any objections? Anything I?ve forgotten? Let us know!

2. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    w00t!!! AFTERPARTY w00t!!!!!!!

any questions....pm us

3. Bwahl-the-Hutt

Bwahl-the-Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2004
    How long is it (hours) to drive from Pittsburgh to Indiana where the party is?

4. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    It's about an hour and a half.

5. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    I'll be there, although probably not too early. I'll decide what to bring closer to the party. When I see the list, I think of something that's missing and bring it.

I'm brain dead now anyway.

6. JediJasen

JediJasen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 15, 2002
    I could probably make this one, seeing as Indiana is like....my hood. :p

I too will wait before announcing what I can bring.

(Edit)
    What sorta afterparty we talking here? ;)
    And I'm thinking big home made meatballs...if you stick with spaghetti dinner. I can make some really gourmet stuff! There's just something about handling raw meat in one's hands.... [face_plain] ... :p

7. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I plan on being there. I'll get some luncheon meats/cheese, depending on how many are coming.

Nothing fancy though. Ham, turkey, american cheese and swiss. If we get a large turn-out though, I'll need someone to get the cheese and I'll get the meats.

8. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    change of plans...i might have to work that day, so i doubt i can come...

9. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Apr 15, 2002
  10. JediJasen

Apr 15, 2002
    If anyone is needing help getting in to Indiana I can help. Same thing if anyone is a little unsure on how to get back towards Pittsburgh. I have no problem leading them. Just if anyone is wondering or not sure about directions and all. :)

11. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Apr 15, 2002
    Ok, guys, it's getting pretty close (less than a week!), and I'm still not totally sure of who is coming to this thing.

Heres what I have so far:

Tina
    Stacie
    Chris, who is bringing salad stuff.
    Bonnie
    Sal, who is bringing some of the lunch stuff.
    JediJasen, bring meatballs?
    Josh?
    Zero
    Brian?

Anyone else? Is anyone on this list not coming? What are you guys bringing? How many of you are spending the night? Please let us know.

Also, I know that several of you need directions, I?ll be sending them out shortly. I just need to wait for Tina to be here so I don?t get you guys lost.

12. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

I had been planning on coming, but it appears that I might have to attend to a personal matter that day instead. I'm not 100% certain, and I'll let you folks know as soon as I know.

If I do end up coming, I'll bring pretzels. (What else?)

Still feeling kinda sick,
    Yours Truly

13. JediJasen

Apr 15, 2002
    Yes, I am coming and will have 15-20 meatballs in tow. Got the meat and I won't make them until Friday night.

I still need, not really directions, just where exactly you live. I PM'd....one of you, heh. Let me know!

14. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    i may not be coming......i'm not sure i can get there hehehehe, anyone wanna give me a ride?

seriously though, we do need to know who is coming and who is staying over because we need ot arrange for parking.

15. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I'll be there as you know, with luncheon meats and cheese for the sandwiches. I'll need to crash at your place and of course need directions.

-Sal

16. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    I'm coming but you already know thaT since we talked yesterday.

17. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I am coming. I am bringing salad makings and some random snack food. I need directions. I am planning on spending the night. I am Sam. Sam I am. Do you like green eggs and ham?

18. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    I will bring brownies. I won't be staying the night. If you PM me your street address, including zip, I'll mapquest it.

19. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Directions I still need. Lost I will be without them.

Sal-

20. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Looks like you guys will get to experience the pleasure of my company once more for I am now able to attend.

Hope you like pretzels. ;)

Needs directions also,
    Yours Truly

21. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Directions I still need. Lost with them will I be anyway, but increase odds they do that find your apartment eventually I will.

And Jedi I am, Corellian I am not. Speak to me of odds, you may. ;)

22. JediJasen

Apr 15, 2002
    Directions: 22 East, 119 North.

That's it...pretty simple, eh? ;)

23. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    Too simple, perhaps.

Hey, ladies, it's getting pretty close. Can we have some directions or at least an address?

I will bring the brownies to Indiana...though...I do not know the way. Indiana, Gandalf, is it left or right?

24. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Apr 15, 2002
    Tina will be sending the directions out shortly. I'd do it myself, but I'm really bad with street names and I don't want to get anyone lost. Plus, I think that she actually wants to do it for some strange reason...

*Shrugs*

Don't worry guys, they'll be out soon.

25. JediJasen

Apr 15, 2002
    Got the first batch of meatballs cooking right now. Mmm-mmm! :)
    I hope you like them. I think you will. Pretty sure you will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.