main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO September Meeting - Input Please

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Micah333, Sep 8, 2002.

?

September Meeting - Input Please

Poll closed Sep 28, 2002.
  1. Sat. Sept 28th

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. Sun. Sept. 29th

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Other (explain)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Micah333

Micah333 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
  2. Micah333

Aug 13, 2002
    Along with your vote, please let us hear where and what. How about some specific times too. Are we still planning on going to the store for saber parts? Did we want to do lunch? If so, how so???

F.Y.I - I work at Carrabbas now, which means:

2 People = 50% off (1/2)
    3 People = 33% off (1/3)
    4 People = 25% off (1/4)
    5 People = 20% off (1/5)
    etc...

3. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    I thought we would go to the store before the meeting or something. I thought we were planning on doing it at your place because you had a workshop we could use for saber building. I'm all up for that if it's cool with you and everyone else wants to do it.

Of course you don't HAVE to be building a saber to come to this, we will also be electing a City Representative as well as hanging out and doing the normal chitchat and what have you. Also if you don't want to build a saber yet, but you want to see how it's done, it would be a great learning experience.

4. Nakta_Ga-mat

Nakta_Ga-mat Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2002
    I know I was the one that came up with the whole Lightsaber thing, but I won't have the money at the time to do it sorry to say...I just can't believe that nobody will hire me...anywho...

I would still love to come and check out what ya'll are making and socialize and visit and everything...

Between the two days given, my answer is Saturday because I can devote more time during the day to meet and spend time with ya'll...Just keep posting and I'll keep an eye out.

5. Micah333

Aug 13, 2002
    My place is definitely okay. Hows about this: the meeting starts 11-12ish. We have a sort of BBQ/Potluck. We can grill the stuff at my place. Everyone can bring diff. stuffs, and we can watch one of the movies on the big screen. Yea, Neh?

6. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    I'll be honest, the potluck/bbq isn't gonna work for me. I'm taking drinks up to Denver and I'm already running VERY tight on money this month (getting a laptop from Michael, and my tag renewal is this month, so I'm out $300+ right there), so I won't have much if anything to spare after I buy the parts for my next saber...You guys can all do the dinner if you want, but I don't know if we have enough people for a decent potluck...and I will most certainly be eating free chowhall food all this month...

7. Optimus77

Optimus77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    The 28th is great for me, I'll be off that day. Oh, sorry Ihaven't been here in awhile, military life blows. Anyone seen Jedi Girl, or has she already left for college?

8. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    she's up in college (but I'm assuming you saw that in the Bye Sarah! thread ;)

9. Optimus77

Apr 27, 2002
    I did, right after I posted here.

10. Padawan_Willow02

Padawan_Willow02 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 31, 2002
    *looks tieredly into thread* okay...it's offical...I hate school...

I'll have to ask my mom about the meeting... *sigh* school has been taking up al my time and I'm rarely on the computer any more. But I'm sure once it gets worked out I can bring SOMETHING... Now I need to get back to emptying out my inbox...*SIGH!*

11. Optimus77

Apr 27, 2002
    This is nothing pesonal but, kids today are weak. I don't remember school being that difficult. What do they do to ya'll now, beatings or something? I went to school listened when I had to and did the homework I thought was necessary. Now, I'm a kick-butt dude. I think it's the stress today that gets students all up tight. This is all part of my master plan for corrupting the school systems of America, muwhahahaha!

12. Miccu_Resea

Miccu_Resea Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    Ya, you go into a day in my life and we will see who's weak...

13. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    I don't know what school was like for you, but when I was in HS, I'd show my parents the stuff I was doing and they couldn't believe I was doing it in high school...

14. Optimus77

Apr 27, 2002
    What, did I tick everyone off now? Maybe it was just me, I thought school wasn't that stressful. Either that, or I just didn't let it get to me. And Mike, I'll go to school for you any day :) I don't do math though.

15. Micah333

Aug 13, 2002
    Hey guys, sorry about the language I refrained from using. Any who...I will, one way or another, still be able to host the meeting on Saturday next next. Have we talked at all about start times? As far as I am understanding, the general plan is to meet at some saber-type store, go on a shopping spree, come back to my house, have a BBQ/potluck and then work on sabers + the usual. Correct? If so, times and items you could bring for lunch. I can do the hotdog thing.

16. DarthLeif

DarthLeif Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2002
    ok, so we are going to go saber_part shopping,i got that down. But what should i do since i only got about a dollar and i cant buy the parts? If me and zach can come we could probably bring condoments or some thing just give us a list so we can get the stuff.

17. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    micah: if nothing else, we can postpone the meeting to another date. It's not as though it's dire that we have this meeting RIGHT away or anything. If it's a problem, just say so and we'll try to reschedule or something.

As for the sabers, you are not required to make one or anything, you can just watch and see how it's done so you'll know what to do next time.

18. Micah333

Aug 13, 2002
    Postpone the meeting?!? No way. One way or another I'll host it. Besides, I have something important to talk to you all about...

19. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    lol, are you planning to surprise us, or are you going to say something about it here?

20. Nakta_Ga-mat

Apr 8, 2002
    For real...

Calm down Micah...Its gonna be ok. Now we can see this means a lot to you, but keep in mind that you need to keep your priorities straight. Now I love Star Wars too, but we can reschedule if need be...don't just ditch going to the band thing. I know for me, I don't want you to get into trouble on my account.

But if you are serious...I can bring Hot Dogs too and lots of Hot Dog buns. Probably some baked beans and some corn too if you guys want. I do have a little extra stuff...Let me know what you want me to bring, and I'll check and see if I have it. I can make some really good German Spaetzle (Noodles) that go with just about any meal. Let me know.

21. Micah333

Aug 13, 2002
    Nakta, wow, quite a few items!!! If you are going to bring hotdogs and buns I can either bring another main (grill-type) item or a side. If you want to bring more just say so :)

Nakta - Hotdogs & Buns
    DarthLeif - Condiments
    Micah333 - Plates, Silvers, and Stuffs
    A main or side (whatever is needed)

I have no intention on talking about...what I want to talk about on the boards :)

22. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    I can bring SOME pop. probly around 12 cans or so (depends on how many I can snipe from the chow hall each night b4 the meeting).

23. Nakta_Ga-mat

Apr 8, 2002
    If we need drinks, I can't bring soda but I can bring Limonaide or cool-aid or something if ya'll want (Cheap-drinks) Also, I've got a bulk-load of Macaroni and Cheeze I can bring. I'll bring hotdogs and Buns and some Macaroni and Cheeze and if you all want, some drinks...just let me know.

24. Miccu_Resea

Miccu_Resea Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    Ill get either soda or chips, what ever is in high demand.

what is the official date now?

25. DarthLeif

DarthLeif Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2002
    OK now you guys have to tell me what kinds of condaments you want me and zach to bring, and this time we will let our parents know ahead of time so we can get there and we will let you guys now if we need a ride from some one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.