main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

September Meeting minutes

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Sep 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    As this was more or less an informal meet, I wasn't too concerned with keeping minutes, so I'll just give a brief summary:

The meeting started at 1pm at Barnes and Noble on ISB, but the fun started when the Grand Admiral arrived :D

Members in attendance were:
    Jayna
    Q99213
    Commander_Farsight
    Kashyyyk
    jackdoud

Member Padawans:
    Dan-1 meeting
    Chris-1 meeting

We discussed T-shirts. We are either going to go with the snorkel-trooper idea or see how the stylized trooper and surfboard idea work. jackdoud and Jayna are going to work on that project and when they know for sure, I'll begin contacting T-shirt screeners.

We discussed having a seperate ERAU club, but as we looked around the table and saw only ERAU students, we thought 'what's the point?' Those of you that aren't affiliated with ERAU should really start coming and voicing your opinions.

We discussed what to do at meetings and it was decided that we are going to do a lot more than just sitting around and talking. The meeting with usually start off with everyone meeting at a specific location and getting any business out of the way, then we'll all go and do something. Be it watching a movie, playing games, bowling, rock climbing, what have you.

We discussed what events we want to do. There is some interest in the Symphony on the 5th, and when I get more info about it I'll post it in the stickie. We also discussed what to do for Halloween. jackdoud and I will probably begin the evening trooping around campus. Later on is up in the air. There was some interest in the 501st being in Downtown Orlando. This event will have to be discussed at the next meeting.

Another event discussed isn't really an event, but it could still be fun. We would all get dressed in costume and head to the Best Buy on ISB and make use of their digital camera display. This is something that can be decided on at anytime, so if you're interested, please post in the thread I started here.

We also decided to hold the meetings on the third Saturday every month. This is official, so you can now schedule around the meetings if need be.

Which brings me to my final point. The next meeting will be held Saturday, October 18th. We all decided that a BBQ is in order. Jayna will be posting a sickie about it, so please don't post ideas here.

2. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    ewwwww.. what's a sickie? :D

-Jack

3. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    A sickie is what happens when you listen to Jayna playing a PVC didgeridoo for hours on end :p

Jack, what's the title under your name for?

4. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Hey now- it wasn't that bad, was it? If it was, you should pity poor Lady E. She has to live with me and that thing. [face_devil]

If only I could learn to play that stupid thing well. I guess for now I will settle for loud and sickie.

5. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    hehe, it wasn't that bad. Only when you tried to use the mouth piece. In general I didn't think it was too far off though :) Granted, my exposer to didgeridoo's is limited to the Crocidile Dundee movies...

6. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    Heh, the thing under my name is due to my position in the Philly Outer Rim Fan Force. I'm a Co-Archivist with another guy in the group. Our job is to take pictures at cons and surf the web looking for pictures of our members at functions and then store them for future club use. Eventually they want to add stuff to the club press kit and make a club photo album for our tables at Cons so people can see what we're all about.

-Jack

7. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Wow, that sounds like a sweet gig man!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.