main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA September Meeting Minutes

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MotherPalpatine, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    MInutes of the September 16, 2005 meeting.

Meeting was called to order at 7:25pm

All members were present. No guests except Lorenzo's Jango helmet which was tried on by a few members including Cheryl and Liz.
    Minutes from the August meeting were approved. Greg had a question about sabre proces but Josh said he would answer it later.

Bette's Corner:
    Bette read and explained the By-Laws. They were discussed by members and Bette stated that she would send out copies to all members before the next meeting.

Treasury Report:
    Barry reported that there was $43.00 in the Lunch Box. At this point there was some discussion about sabre prices and the club paying for some of the blades. Nothing was decided.

Tater's Corner:
    Josh asked about Lightsabre orders as he will be making one soon. It is felt that everyone needs a blade and he asked about colors, etc. Liz ordered a gearshift knob for her hilt and offered to order others if wanted. Derek is going to give us one of his FX sabres to take apart and Bette will bid on the next FX Bundle on Ebay. We will try to keep the price to $65.00 per blade.
    Josh wanted members to look at the website and let him know if there were any changes that were needed or wanted. Jerry said that he did not like his picture on the member page. Honorary members Matt, Spencer, and Ariel (Toad) need to have their photos posted.

Harry Potter:
    The Galaxy Theatre said they would love to have us do something for the opening which is Nivember 18th. Maybe something the weekend before the opening.

Upcoming Events:
    The REdneck Triathlon at the Adventure Park on September 23rd. Cost is $30.00. No one can attend.
    FDIM is September 24th. Barry, Bette, Charles, Tiffany, Cheryl, Greg, JOsh, and perhaps Lorenzo are going on the trip.
    Cheryl brought up going to Hobb's Grove. We are interested. The Corn Maze was also mentioned.
    Charles suggested helping St. Mortimer's Guild and said there would be a mmeting at the Hanford Faire October 1st- 2nd. We will be gate-listed.
    LosCon: Several members are interested in going to the convention. It is Thanksgiving weekend, November 26th-28th.

New Business:
    Liz, Jerry, Josh, Greg, Barry, Bette, Tiffany, Charles, Cheryl, and Derek are planning to go to the Renaissance Faire at Hanford in October. We will attend a guild meeting for St. Mortimer's and talk about helping them at their April Faire next year.
    Berry got a cell phone=D= and it is working and has service.
    Bette spoke to Pat, the Border's manager, tonight about doing a promotion for the DVD release of RotS. She will get more information.
    Derek wants a photo of everyone to use on membership cards. He has plans for multiple designs. He also asked for a Code of Conduct to be on the back of the cards.

The next practice will be at Cheryl's house.

Meeting adjourned at 9:20pm

MotherPalpatine, Supreme Grand Moff Keeper of the Secret Decoder Ring Power Behind the Throne Dowager Empress Bearer of the Sith Black Heart Taker of the Sacred Notes Protector of Skippy Imperial Costumer Mystical Darkside Cookie Baker Tamer of the SithKitty Observer of All Farorite Grandmama Royal Scheduler Feeder of Exeter Pocesser of the Sithter CR, for life.

2. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    that title is getting positively surreal...

3. The-Bald-Wookiee

The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    Um... is it bad form to correct Sith spelling? And is it safe to do for that matter?[face_thinking]

Ah what the heck!

And so for my last act as a non Blue Person:

MotherPalpatine, Supreme Grand Moff Keeper of the Secret Decoder Ring Power Behind the Throne Dowager Empress Bearer of the Sith Black Heart Taker of the Sacred Notes Protector of Skippy Imperial Costumer Mystical Darkside Cookie Baker Tamer of the SithKitty Observer of All Favorite Grandmama Royal Scheduler Feeder of Exeter Tinter of Wigs Possessor of the Sithter CR, for life.

The Bald Wookiee, Wearer of Vibrant Shirts Speaker of Unspeakable Puns(Which Are Funny) Drawer of Pictures Writer of Stories Soon to be Blue Person and Self-Appointed Corrector of the Royal Spelling (We Prefer Not to Use the Term 'Grammar Nazi' Thank You Very Much).

4. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    thanks for jumping on the grenade, greg. i was sooooo tempted, but get enough flack for correcting His Ego already.

i shall observe your fate with keen interest.

from a safe distance, i might add.

5. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    You have done well, my tall not-so-hairy friend. You have passed the trials. First you must have read the entire post to have found my planted errors, and you proved yourself brave by daring to correct me in public. Very good. There is promise in you, yet. As for the others....we shall see what fate befalls them.

6. Yodaa

Yodaa Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2005
    I have arranged the minutes in the new format and printed them for the meeting tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.