main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson SEPTEMBER MEETING - Sunday September 17th 11am-2pm at "Heroes & Villains"(4533 E Broadway Blvd)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Aug 30, 2006.

1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Our September Meeting is scheduled for Sunday September 17th at 11:00am till 2pm at Heroes and Villains Comic Book Store at 4533 East Broadway Blvd. We can also schedule an after party to be at my home, or anyone's home for that matter, feel free if you want to host an afterparty to suggest it here.
    Mike, the owner of Heroes and Villains is interested in talking to us about a possible event at his store as well as our holding our meetings there.
    While I know that for some of the members having a meeting at 11am is rough,I do want us to give Heroes and Villains a chance, it will certainly do us some good to have a meeting in Heroes and Villains where we might find a few new members, unfortunately at this time they only have this time frame available from 11-2.
    We also already have a date of Sunday October 15th 1pm - 5pm at the Main library (Joel valdez)downtown for the October meeting, Parking will be free in the parking deck, so it will be very easy to navigate for this meeting, and food and drink is fine for us to bring in as well. The idea being tossed around is to have a meeting at Heroes and Villains one month, alternating with the Library the other months, and to try and stick to Sundays for the meetings in general if we can, as it seems to be a popular day for most everyone to hold meetings.

2. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    I think it would be good to get a 16-month calender so that we can literally start blocking out weekends and/or days that we have events. This will give us some idea of how much we can and can't do as far as various charity work goes. That way we won't have events piling up on one another, and please, let us not forget C4 is coming up at the end of May. There will be costumes and other plans that people will be working on for C4.

I'm starting to ramble off of my point. The point is that the calender would give us a physical timeline representation that would prevent burnout and events clashing. Of course, an alternative would be, if we got the costumes and wranglers, to split up into smaller groups if we need to cover more than one event on a given day/weekend.

3. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    yes, I will make a point of bringing a big calendar with me for the next meeting. I have my 24 month date book in my purse now.. I am going to make a point to not leave home without it!!

4. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I already know I will not be able to make the 9/17 meeting. We don't have a home church yet, but so far all the services run after 12. I should be available to go to an after get together.

5. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    I won't be able to make the next meeting but if it's not too much trouble I do appreciate it if I can continue to be involved, even if just via the phone.

Webpage updated to reflect the next meeting

6. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    this will be an interresting change...will food be allowed in the room?

7. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Yes food will be allowed, and dont worry everyone, this was done mostly since Bookmans was booked (ha), but he said anytime we want a sunday with a 11am to 2pm block it is available

8. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    What's the best way to get there from I-10? I've never been to this comic book store before.

9. timstephens4

timstephens4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    The best way from Sierra Vista is to take the Kold Rd. Exit, then turn Left on Broadway Blvd. Go past Swan Rd., and Heroes and Villains is on the right. Hope that helps.

You guys have fun at this meeting. Even though it is a Sunday, and the football game is Saturday, this is my only day to sleep and get homework done.

10. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Homework is a priority. Not to mention sleep as well. We will be thinking of you,and we know when you can make it you are there! Speaking of, if you get the chance join us for the RPG that we have started up on Friday nights.

11. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Homework? meh Sleep?! What be that thing!! No excuses! Especially since Star Wars miniatures starts right after the meeting every Sunday!

Hey Cat would you try and get the headline changed again to refelct the new meeting time/place?

12. timstephens4

timstephens4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005

Actually, Firday nights are the worst night for me to do anything. For the first few weeks of school, we practice every Friday night until 10pm getting ready for games. Like youy said Cat, if I can make it, I will.

13. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I already did.

14. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    That's not right!

15. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    Me Mike? or some other non-existent Mike? or is there some Mike that I can't think of right now that does, in fact, exist?

Anyways...

possible event? please elaborate...

16. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Yes there is another Mike in the world!!! Run in fear!!!

Mike asked if we could make an appearance on the 28th, earlier in the day, it is his store's anniversary event with radio stations, etc. I told him I would since it will be around 11-12, well bfeorethe howloween thingy

17. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    ooooOOOOOOoooohhh... The absence of comma threw me. It should have been:

Mike, the owner of Heroes and Villains, is interested in talking...

Sorry for being confusing... =P~

18. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Our RSA is at Dragon*Con until the 5th, so I resubmitted the header request to another RSA. Either way it will be up around the 5th I am sure.. if not sooner.. a lot of folks out and about for the holiday weekend.

punctuation is a killer..at 39, plus thinking faster than I type, and typing faster than I talk... I tend to overlook things like , {pauses}, eeeeeeeek!!!!!!!!!

19. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Wow... ...can you really type more than 300 words a minute?:D

20. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    gotta love it.. ;D

21. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    You should have known you didnt own a shop :oops:

22. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Really bummed I"m going to miss this meeting, being that it's getting ever so much closer to the "holiday" season and out "Busy time".

23. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    We are really going to miss you as well!!!

24. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Well I probabloy am going to have to miss my first meeting. Witrh the new job sundays are going to be very difficult for me to get off. I have already said that I need the nights off for howl a leen but I am going to have to pick and choose my sundays very wisely.

25. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005

I posted about issues like this on the august meeting thread.. just now click here