Tucson SEPTEMBER MEETING - Sunday September 17th 11am-2pm at "Heroes & Villains"(4533 E Broadway Blvd)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Aug 30, 2006.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    Cathie has contacted some Libraries aboutt heir meeting rooms and got the OK.

Heroes and Villians seems like a problem, would everyone like a library if the meeting time were later?
  2. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    Either site is fine with me, but we've got 13 days left before the scheduled meeting, so IF we change locale we need to do it quick.
  3. _Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Knight

star 3
    Heroes and Villians sounds like it would be a fun meeting place, but 11:00am is NOT good for me. I can make it, and will if I must, but it won't be easy...

I think libraries are good for meeting, as long as we can bring food, and make noise. But I would really appriciate it if the meeting time was moved...
  4. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    The time can not be moved. They have Star Wars miniatures scheduled every Sunday right after. But keep inmind our meetings always continue somewhere else, and cat has opened up her home after the meeting.
  5. _Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Knight

star 3
    Is there any way we could just change the meeting place so that we can get a different time?

Or maybe we could just move the meeting to about 12:30 or 1, and then we all meet somewhere else at 2?

Meh...
  6. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    The time and place is set bro, just come whenever you can and if the meeting is over, go to Cat's.
  7. jedirevan1 Jedi Master

star 1
    Just so I'm clear, the time and place for the next meeting is not changing correct?
  8. timstephens4 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I definately agree with Dustin. The meeting time and place are set (as far as I know). If you cannot make the meeting, we will not hate you. I have missed my fair share of meetings, and the group has not fallen apart. Personally, I cannot make the meeting because I need the whole day to do my homework, and recover from a game the night before. It is all right to not make a meeting (or in my case, a few meetings) you will not be kicked out of the group, and the world will not end. Basically, just relax, take a deep breath, and don't worry about it.
  9. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes the place and time will not change. But next month we will most likely have it at a library. If you cat make it, Im sorry, but remember the meetings always continue elsewhere.
  10. Mugen Jedi Master

star 4
    The fact that the meeting is on a Sunday at 11 is a cool thing...it is early enough so that we can hang out afterward for a couple of hours and possibly eat something while fellowshiping is a great idea. I am usually up very early on the weekends to make sure I make the most of my days off...and wil be there with bells on. [face_cow] Ill even share some stories about the Con if any are interrested.
  11. jedirevan1 Jedi Master

star 1
    Cool. I just wanted to make sure there had been no changes to the time or venue. As far as I know, I'll be there. Thanks to Tim for providing directions for us.
    And yes Frank, I want all the scoop from Dragon Con. :)
  12. KickingnScreaming Jedi Knight

star 1
    Okay, I didn't know where else to put this..so here goes.

Jack had the idea of a calendar. What about making a tread for the calendar? Just Post the month's visits/meetings by date and then you can always add new posts for changes. That way everyone would have access to it anytime.
  13. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    technically Jediobikat (TFF secretary)should be in charge of a calendar.. if we want and she is for it we can have folks PM dates to her and she can organize them.... actually damien has something like that set up.. so we would send jediobikat the info.. she would check it on the calendar, and then send on to damien to have it posted.

on another note.. I am confused.. Dustin, yesterday you called and asked me to find another place to hold the september meeting, but now today I read that you have said it is not to be changed.. I need clarification.. does the group want me to change the place and time for the Sept meeting.. or are we going with what we already have planned.. I was already calling libraries based on what you asked me to do on the phone yesterday..
  14. JediObiKat Jedi Master

star 3
    Now I see why you were referring to me in the 3rd person in your PM...[face_whistling]
    This sounds fine
  15. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    No, do not change the meeting place. But we need a place for October through December, Bookmans s Booked.
  16. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    I already booked meetings for october and november.. the library does not allow me to book for December yet though.. I did that the other day, I already posted about it.. so the meetings are taken care of
  17. Mugen Jedi Master

star 4
    I have talked to the Ultra Boys in Chandler, and have pursuaded them to come down for the TFF Sunday the 17th meeting. Yes, Ultra Alex and Ultra Todd are coming to the meeting..and they will be bringing some cool stuff to show us! So welcome them as you would a family member..as they ARE family. thanx [face_flag]
  18. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    nice, make sure that we get them on the agenda, and we can have them up first, in case they need to cut out early.
  19. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    Got questions, let's see if anybody has answers. On our webpage under the title "upcoming events/functions"(okay, I'm paraphrasing) is listed "Heroes and Villains Anniversary Event"

Question 1: Why are we having two events scheduled on the same day? If we do this (around noon), we then have to be at the zoo by 5:00 PM to get backdrops set up and costumes on. Not a lot of turnaround time to rest up for Howl-a-ween and get costumes dried out.

Question 2: When did we, as a group, decide to do this? I do not remember voting on this event at the last meeting.

Question 3: If we, as a group, never voted on doing this event, then WHY does our website LIST it as an "upcoming event/function?
  20. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    99.9% of this is my fault. I "jumped the gun" and put that stuff up on the site as a "test" and to be efficnent and forgot to ask before and after I put it up.

I'll take it all down if need be.
  21. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    as of the moment this is an event that is on the table to be discussed.. no biggie Hal.. just pull it till we get a firm decision.. sorry about the confusion.
  22. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Done
  23. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
    I am trying to switch shifts on sunday with one of the girls. If I can not switch I will be calling in on my break to be put on speakerphone to give any updates that I may receive on the PDS events.
  24. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Are there enough cell phones with this capability?
  25. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Absolutely aslong as someone has reception inside hereos and villains........ Bookmans has less than par reception in their meeting room.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie