Tucson SEPTEMBER MEETING - Sunday September 17th 11am-2pm at "Heroes & Villains"(4533 E Broadway Blvd)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Aug 30, 2006.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I meant the "speaker" cell phone capacity. ;)
  2. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Hardy har har..............
  3. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    oh yes, we had no problem with the speaker phone at the last meeting.. other than the fact as it is so hard for anyone to hear when more than one person speaks.
  4. jedirevan1 Jedi Master

star 1
    Hey Guys,

Just wanted to let you know I won't be able to make the meeting Sunday. Some family stuff going on. Let me know any news, and I'll see you guys at the October meeting. :)
  5. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    will do, see you in October, and we will post all the stuff from this meeting on the boards.
  6. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    don't forget munchies everyone, anything works.
  7. JediObiKat Jedi Master

star 3
    As usual, I will bring something sweet :), probably these oatmeal etc cookies I found a recipe for, they are even "healthy"
  8. JediObiKat Jedi Master

star 3
    Attendance:
    JediObiKat
    Nathan
    DialSwiftJustice
    GeneralSokchux
    UltraSaber
    firstsonofsolo
    _Anakin_Vader_
    ThatsMisterWookie [sic]
    NabooLady
    MasterJediDragonSir
    cathiecat
    Mugen
    Christopher
    Steve
    Joe

Minutes:
    Cookbook: Donate more recipes!
    Not 2B Toyed With: Loft Cinema, 11am, October 7. We will entertain before and after.
    Howl-o-ween: Oct. 27 & 28 6-8pm, can be there at 4:30. Oct 29, 5-7pm, can be there at 4. We can leave the backdrops in a storage area at the zoo. Blasters in holsters only! If we want, we can 'work the line' before the event to get everyone excited. Parking is behind the cancer memorial, on 22nd across from the McDonalds.
    CRS Children's Clinic: October 31, 3-4:30, we'll do a visit
    Phoenix Cactus Con: Sept 22-24 (next weekend) Mugen still has a couple spots in his car for anyone who wants to carpool.
    Toy drive: Oct. 14, 9am-evening. Joe authorized us to set up in front of in front of his Gamestop store and do a toy drive.
    Nursing home: Their Christmas wish tree will be up just before Thanksgiving, then we can take it to fulfill the wishes. They would also like us to do a visit to the residents.
    New offics: Marlena = librarian, Dustin = event coordinator
    Photo shoot: after backdrop is finished
    Ultrasabers came and showed us their cool lightsabers, you can check them out on the web at www.ultrasabers.com

Reminder: Be sure you follow the Terms of Service when posting!

Next meeting: Oct. 15, 1pm, at the Main Library (Is there free parking anywhere in the vicinity????)

9. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    What is 100% confirmed as an event so I can post it on the web site?
  10. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Next meeting: Oct. 15, 1pm, at the Main Library (Is there free parking anywhere in the vicinity????)

AFAIK, Parking downtown is free on the weekends. Also, I remember Cat saying something specifically about the parking being free on the weekends.
  11. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    the parking deck is free on sundays for valdez, I checked that out before I booked it to be sure.
  12. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    I would liek to apologize for my unprofessional outburst at the meeting. It wont happen again.
  13. Mugen Jedi Master

star 4
    De Nada', my friend. Arguments are bound to happen, as we well know. It was just a misunderstanding. We still love you. [face_love]
  14. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    We move forward and do more great things, we couldn't do it without all of us, we all bring something special and wonderful to the group.

I will get our scrolling banner changed this week.

15. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    Avast, ye scurvy dogs, there be one or two items that never got discussed at the meeting.
    What happened to the doing a gig for Heroes and Villians the afternoon of Oct. 28? As far as I know, it was never voted on, yea or nay.
    TUS-CON (Nov. 10-12) was never discussed, although in all fairness, since the guy has never responded to any of Cat's messages, there really wasn't anything else to say about it.

Seems like there was one other item, but I can't see it clear enough in my foggy mind to make out what it was, aaaarrrrrr...
  16. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    Gah! You're right we were even there and I forgot to bring the 28th event up! Well, we have one more meeting before then to vote on it.
  17. Mugen Jedi Master

star 4
    was that a Cat styled appology?? [face_beatup]

:p [face_laugh]
  18. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4

It is my understanding that all the apologies that needed to be made have been made, and we were going to let the incident die quietly. Even if only meant as a joke, why try to bring it back to life? Just let it die.
  19. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    Ok, do we want to dot he heroes and Villians event? It would only be for an hour, two at the mot, and the opportunity for promotion would be great since there will be radio stations and possssibly news coverage. I am in, anyone else care to join? If not that is totally understandable since we have so much going on that weekend. But I figure vader there, even if no one esle, would be good.
  20. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    Is there anything specific Mike (Heroes and Villains owner) wants from us at this event?
  21. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby