main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL September Meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Sabacc, Aug 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Let's come up with a meeting time and place for the next amassing.

If it's to be at the library we need to set a time so I can get us a room- we may not be as lucky as we were last time. Plus we all need to arrange our schedules and synchronize our watches, so please put your thoughts on where and when the meeting should be, below.

For now, just to have a starting point that we can change- I'm announcing, again, The next meeting is going to be on Saturday, 13 September at 2pm at the Main Library.

2. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    I thought we were having Sunday meetings?

3. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Sunday's fine with me, with advance notice any day is, and Sunday is also a preference of ASkywalker98. I've started with Saturday only because that was the preference stated by most in attendance at the last meeting.

4. tristan458

tristan458 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    Main library?

5. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    The Main Library is:

Orlando Public Library
    101 E. Central Blvd.
    Orlando, Florida 32801

When you walk in, ask the information desk where the Star Wars meeting is or just go to the 3rd floor, where the meeting rooms are.

6. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    Thanks!

7. askywalker98

askywalker98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    So you decided to have it on a Sunday, eh? thanks alot guys, I appreciate it...unless you change your mind and have it on a Saturday, then I wouldn't be thanksful, and hate you all to eternity...

Well, not really.

So, is that the final date? Or is it still up in the air? I'm fine with Sunday.

-Anthony

8. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Actually, it's very much still in the air. No one has given an actual opinion about when to hold the meeting except for you, Anthony. Sunday or Saturday are fine with me, but at this rate, no one's going to show up anyway.

Please people, sound off with your opinions of our next meeting. Am I the only one who's going to be there? I need time to schedule a day off, so please help.

9. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    Ill be there. Saturday or Sunday is fine with me. I have the weekends off.

10. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
  11. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Now we're getting somewhere. OK, since we're not getting any other feedback, until there's a significant call for another time/day, the September Meeting is now set for Sunday, 14 September at 2pm at the Main Library.

I want to firm this up, a) so each of us will have time to schedule, and, b) so we don't lose touch and not have a meeting for another 6 months. So I can arrange for the meeting room, I say we make this date final by the end of this week. I'm hoping for a good turn out and want the decision to be as democratic as possible, so any feedback would be hot.

-Campbell

12. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    how about 3pm? or 4 pm is even better

reposted message from another thread:

so who all has info to put on my site? like movies.., graphics..ill say anyone with stuff to put on it bring it burned to a cd to the next meeting

Ia

13. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    how about we all eat dinner together at 7:00?

14. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    I like the dinner idea!!!

15. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I like the dinner idea too. I'm wondering if starting at 7pm is a little late for some of us, though. Not me, but maybe somebody. If we do that are we still going to meet at the library? On weekends, the library closes at 6pm.

16. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    We can meet at 2- then we could stage one of those spontaneous mobscenes where we all walk up to lets say a homeless person and start clapping. Then after that loses its fun we go eat!

17. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I've seen A Clockwork Orange a few too many times to think that'd be a good idea.

18. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Why you ain't up for a bit of the ol' ultra violence? You know I had to watch that for my Comp II class in college- well we had other movies to choose to watch- but I had never seen it- then to see David Prowse was in it was a little creepy- and to think I only knew Malcolm McDowell from Star Trek Generations and a couple of other movies- but had no clue what kinda movies he had done! That was such a awesome movie- even with all the crazy violence it had some message to deliver. One of Kubricks best films!!! I always love when the Simpons spoof the movie from time to time.

19. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    Malcolm, of course, also stars in... that's right, Caligula!

And let us not forget the final two hour tele-movie for Lexx! =)

And the short lived, but overly well done and somewhat "dark" Fantasy Island (I know it got cancelled, but I'd be willing to bet that, had it continued, we would have learned that he was actually Satan, or some form of him, trying to repent for what he had done, but that is just me...)

Brandon

20. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Do they have an unedited directors cut of Caligula on DVD? If they do I think we should have a Fanforce viewing of it so we can get ideas for my proposed Darth Caligula feature. You know the reason I think Leia had some problems getting over knowing that Darth was her dad was that he had his way with her as a form of torture.

21. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    They do have a complete and uncut "X-rated" version on DVD, and, I am happy to report, I am the proud owner of it! If you are ever browsing the DVD shelves, the uncut version is in a blue box while the R-rated cut version is in a red box. Both of them have a coin on the cover featuring Caligula's head with blood dripping out of his eye.

Work of art, really.

Brandon

22. askywalker98

askywalker98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    so, the meeting IS on september 14, a sunday, around 2pm ish, thats cool. thanks for making it sunday guys, now if i can make it, i would be even happier!

oh yeah, and ryan-w sucks, if i make a thread about that, please don't flame me, and agree with me, and hopes he comes in this place and gets mad at all of us, and we ae banned for eternity! (well, maybe not....)

23. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    ok i think we need to have someone post a statement across the top of all the windows of the boards here for us about the meeting time :)

Ia

24. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Good idea Ia. Hey Brandon- when you having a screening of it?

25. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    Is he the guys who critisizes everything?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.