main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL September Meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Sabacc, Aug 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    Hey Ia are you a Brit? They spell criticize with a 'S'. Anywho... who criticizes what? You gotta be more specific dear when you are refering to a person, k. Oh... MTFBWY

2. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    oh yeah, and ryan-w sucks,

either I missed something or that was way out of left field

ryan weiber is a great guy. he helps anyone no matter how simple the task or stupid the question. he makes 2D effects so simple for people with his tutorials at www.ryan-w.com. he has done so much for the fanfilm community, I don't understand how he can suck. :confused:

3. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Man, the deficit of attention strikes again: There's been no full acknowledging of the meeting time and place (remember the bit about dinner?) so the info stands: the September Meeting is set for Sunday, 14 September at 2pm in the Main Library. Maybe we'll have dinner afterwards. I'll arrange for the room at the library.

ps: I'm not British, but those who are, that know how to spell, spell criticize, the same as we do in the States. Maybe your thinking of words like licence (license).

4. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Sorry- you are absolutely wrong on this. The British spell criticize like Ia spelled it- critisize. Before jumping in and trying to disprove something- research it first. I've read enough British publications to recognize and remember how they spell certain words I encourage you to check this out and you will see for yourself. We assume they spell all English words like we do.. but as you already know- they don't.

5. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Absolutely wrong, huh, Ruckus? It happens I did research it because it sounded incorrect to me. I checked 4 dictionary sites and one of my own home dictionaries. I specifically searched for British spelling differences on Google, too. So, since you are positive you are right (so much that you'd school me, and words are sort of my thing), can you show me one trustworthy usage of the word critisize?Forum postings from people who can't spell don't count. Thanks. Always good to learn from someone who has read enough British publications.

6. askywalker98

askywalker98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo..................

7. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Well I can't help the ignorant. Just go on Yahoo and type critisize- and see what ya get. Were these British dictionary sites or American ones? Cause ya know if you were looking at American Dictionary spellings- how do think they will spell it? Anyways since I know you are apparently a genius and really did spectacular research like you claimed- shoddy and lazy- I doubt ya did- go to this site and wash some of the ignorance off yourself.

Wikipedia

p.s.- look up the word jackass while you're at too. Always good to be schooled by a lazy punk.

8. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Wow, Ruckus, that's quite a flame. I'm trying to decide whether you're attempting to bait me by the name calling, or if this is just a joke (the Wikipedia link in your post goes to a page that says "critisize" is a common misspelling). I took your advice and looked it up on Yahoo and got similar results to Google- a lot of forums by people who misspelled it. Anyhow, hope you're not as angry as you sound.

To everybody else, sorry for all this fluff. If anybody has anything to say about the September Meeting, please list it below.

9. askywalker98

Apr 18, 2003
    damn ruckus, whats your problem? it's just a freakin' word... get over it.

10. tristan458

tristan458 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    so the meeting is: Sunday, 14 September at 2pm in the Main Library?

11. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    That was part of it yes- it also was showing the American and British differences in spelling words- but this is getting quite lame- whatever- if your ego needs inflating- then I hope you have garnered it.

12. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    Theater... theatre...?

13. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    So what are we gonna do at the next meeting?

14. askywalker98

Apr 18, 2003
    we are gong ot coat our bodies in gasoline and light ourselves on fire. then we are going to run up and down the I-4 screaming, "THE TIME OF THE SITH IS AT HAND!!!" untill all of us get hit by cars.

But seriousley, what are we gong to do?

15. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Sounds like you guys are going to be going at it over a frelling word.

16. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Sounds good to me. But frell everyone! I don't give a schlok what they think! To use a Battlestar Galactica word- frack!

17. askywalker98

Apr 18, 2003
    i felt like posting... hmm, was there any sparring in the last meeting?

18. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Yeah I threw some little punk down the stairs after I went into a Wookie berserker rage! Then I smashed someone's head threw a window and then smashed a chair over them. Then I set the study room on fire and ran away!

What do you think?

19. askywalker98

Apr 18, 2003
    i don't know, i think you were a bit soft...

20. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    How about we sit back and think about how pathetic our lives are and what we could be accomplishing instead of sitting here in front of our computers writing these stupid posts?

Good Idea, huh?

I guess Brandon and I will attend the next meeting...

21. AdmlDave

AdmlDave Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2003
    That was a little harsh, now wasn't it Stefanie

22. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Woah! Everyone, let's just calm down and remember one key thing: you can never be too harsh.

Some of us prefer the Dark Side, while others prefer the Light Side (though, true, it was never called the "light side," but you get the point).

Signed,

Darth Harsh

23. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Hey Brandon you PW'd?
    What's up with Stef making your decisions?
    Oh.. grand stuff back there peeps.

24. askywalker98

Apr 18, 2003
    Such Anger! Such Language! Even I would never say sucka thing like that. If Brandon was PW'd, he would tell us, do you really think he cares what we think? And besides, him and stef always come to the meetings. Lats all just sit back, heat up some act II popcorn, grab a beer, and pop in ESB...

25. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Act II popcorn... with butter... I can just see a brand new popped bag now, "You want this, don't you? The hunger is swelling in you now."

Brandon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.