main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL September Meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Sabacc, Aug 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    I will still be there. Expect me around 2:15pm. The reason for the slightly later time is because I will be picking Stefanie up from somewhere besides her house, but we'll be there.

I'm leaving my house now, 11:32am, in order to get some stuff done.

See everyone in a few hours!

Brandon

P.S. Notice how the "all in favor" topic is locked? I take full credit for that with my horrible remark against poor people. I am very proud of myself. And James, thank you for responding, much appreciated.

2. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    You're welcome. Always glad to lend a helping hand. That was kinda harsh, however. I didn't know the darkside flowed through you so vehemently and completely.

3. COPAZIE

COPAZIE Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2000
    You think anyone will still be there after 4:00 or 5:00? I want to meet up with you guys but I have a gig I can't miss... I won't be availabe until roughly 5:00 pm

4. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Won't make this a long post, but it was, to me at least, a great meeting, had tons 'o fun for the time spent, and I swear upon the Force that, assuming the next one is on a Saturday, I will be there *on time*, no joke.

However, upon saying that, I will most likely *not* be at the next one. I am leaving this month, on the 25th, to head to Italy and Greece for a little over three weeks. The Saturday after I return is October 18th, so that might be possible assuming it is not held by then, but I do have Halloween Horror Nights to attend that evening, but if we hold it earlier, say 2:00pm - 2:30pm or around then, I can be there. However, between September 25th to October 17th, I'll be far, far away and, sadly, I'm sure these forums will suffer without my amazing presence, but I will return with tons of pictures and many adventures.

Brandon

5. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Well may the Force be with you on your journey Brandon- don't flaunt that you are a American in any of those countries- they all hate us- and they did so before 9/11 and Iraq.

6. askywalker98

askywalker98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    well, i missed the meeting, but i had a great time at the disney wide world of sropts with my ROTC. it was so great, i mean, i didn't even think about you guys!

and as for the Ryan-W thread getting locked, it may have been my fault for giving a hint to pirated software (not that i use it... i mean... i don't use it! i swear!) but the homeless person thing may have been it too. oh well. we just lost the best thread we've had in months...

7. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Don't worry, we did not think of you, either.

I suppose it is now time for another topic, entitled "October Meeting." I believe this post, the one I am making now, will be number 81 in this thread... fairly big number around here.

Be it the pirating comments or the comment about poor people, it is funny that the topic got locked. Just remember, you, well, anyone, can take pride in locking a topic. Mission accomplished! =)

Brandon

8. tristan458

tristan458 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    They dont all hate us in those countries. Ive ben to italy and Greece plus about 10 other countries over in Europe and around the Med Sea. I know from first hand experience, and I was with the military. For every 100 they show on tv that hate us, they are a thousand that love us. Its just that the media doesnt show all that. They like to distort the real picture. I had the time of my life in greece, I went to 5 different cities, and only saw two people that didnt want us there. I say have fun over there, but always keep an alert eye out, and believe me they know who are Americans and who is not.

Dale

9. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    I wasn't basing my opinion on the news- but on friends who have been there in the recent past and said how snooty they were towards Americans and how we disgust them.

10. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    A saying I like to live by is "believe half of what you see and none of what you hear. I know first hand they all dont hate us. Half the women over there want to marry Americans so they can come live here, and the other half just want to live here. Im not saying people dont hate us, its just not like everyone says. But oh well.

Dale

11. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    like the mail order russian brides...my brother almost tried one of those :p

12. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    I want a mail order Twi'lek.

13. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    Old posts die hard.

14. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    Too funny!

15. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    We should use this as like a catch-all thread. We could see if we can get it to pass the January thread in sheer numbers. This is going to be awesome.

<please note the sarcasm>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.