main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

September Meeting!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Jayna, Sep 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Alright guys. Now that we're all back and settled, I say it's time for a meeting. :D

I know we had discussed posibly coming up with a semi-standard time to meet each month so that we all could just plan ourselves around that and then do random fun stuff in the middle. I really like that idea, as it would make planning it much less painful.

For now, my only consistent day off is Saturday. I was thinking the first Saturday of every month perhaps? That would make our meeting this Saturday. What do you guys think? Is that too short of notice?

Please post so we can work out a good meeting day.

Yay for meetings!!! :D Sorry- I got excited. [face_blush]

2. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Saturdays should be good for me.

So what do we have to discuss? T-shirts, a logo, the Beachtrooper Icon. I know that some of the other Fan Forces get all of their business out of the way then play games or watch movies or something, like a day long 'party'. I think it would be cool to meet for lunch somewhere, get all of our business done, then perhaps go somewhere and do... something. Yeah, erm, yeah. I think at the last Orlando meeting they had board games and someone brought some sabers for a mock duel :)D) Maybe go to somebody's place and watch some movies? I realized that we haven't actually watched Star Wars together! Even go out to a movie. Or just something to make it more than 'Ok, we spent half an hour going over business, everyone go home and see ya next month'

So does this mean our next meeting is this Saturday? Say around noonish somewhere?

3. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I absolutely agree! I really do think we need to watch Star Wars together. We've been talking about it for a good while and I think it's a great idea. I just don't think I can do more than one at a time. I'm always up for going to the movies too- if that is what blows your beans.

As for board games, I have Star Wars Life and Star Wars chess here. I am up for anything fun. :)

As far as it being this weekend, I would like to make sure it's alright with everyone first. If you see any of our members (or others interested) please let them know to check the boards and post their availability. Thanks!

4. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    Pretty much anytime is good for me, with advance notice.

Saturdays work, but I have karate in the morning and usually get done/showered by 1pm.
    I'm always ready to eat after that...

5. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    Humm..
    Saturdays I've got 40k with the Gamer's Guild from 1 until we decide to leave. I'll see what I can do and I'll keep an eye on the forum to see what you all decide to do.

-Jack

6. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Well, what about Sundays? I think it is probably safe to say that this Saturday is too short of notice, as we haven't made anything official yet. I'd be up for Sunday afternoons. What do you think?

7. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Sundays I work 2pm-10pm

8. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    Hey...anybody that has a costume, we should drum up some interest on campus for the Riddle club. When is the Student Activities Fair?
  9. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Why do you work on Sundays?!? What a boob. ;)

The activities fair is coming up. Can groups just crash it?

As for our meeting, would you guys be up for an informal meeting/ rock climbing tomorrow? Karma- you had said that you were planning on climbing anyhow. Right? Even if it is informal, I think it would give us at least a chance to chat about things. Whaddaya think?

10. Captain_NoBeard

Captain_NoBeard Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2003
    Barring any ERFSEDS activities, Saturdays are the very best day for me :)

11. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey Capt_nobeard, as the ERFSEDS advisor I need advising. Would it be innapropriate for the President to work the table dressed as a Jedi? ;) (I should also have enough of Dark Force done to have two large rockets at the table :D )

I am so up for rock climbing. I haven't been all summer and my inner Wookie feels like a drunk Ewok. What time? How long do we want to be there? So many questions, so few synapses left!

Anyways, if I'm the only person that can't do Sunday's, by no means don't not meet because of me. I could ask my supervisor if I could get a few hours off for meetings though, considering they're once a month and we keep them regular, say the first Sunday or whatnot.

I was also thinking that if the GG does Warhammer on Saturday's, why can't we get together and play cards? The psuedo non-president is in my Physics class and asked if I wanted to start up some CCG games. (last edit, I promise!! [face_blush] )

12. Captain_NoBeard

Captain_NoBeard Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2003
    For the activities fair you mean? My feelings tell me that Jedi garb would be entirely appropriate for the ERFSEDS table :) After all, what are potential ERFSEDS members if not sci-fi/fantasy geeks too? (I mean, there's probably a FEW who aren't, but they can be turned . . .) Yes, standing out is a good thing in this scenario.

So if we combine the presence of Jedi with the presence of ERFSEDS t-shirts, that should grab the attention of most of our fan base, so to speak (one hopes).

It is entirely up to the officers of course, but I do not see a difficulty with it.

13. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    *in his best Mr. Burns* excellent... *evil grin*

14. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    Activities fair is Wednesday the 17th. I'll be spending it at the Gamer's Guild table. I'm not sure how you qualify as a club to get a table though.

-Jack

15. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I would probably just use the ERFSEDS table as a staging point. Depending on the times, I could be out there with a sheet of paper for both groups. Because ERFSEDS is a Gold Wing club I don't think we'll get into too much trouble, if any. And like Nobeard said, to be in ERFSEDS you have to already be a sci-fi/fantasy geek ;)

And if worse comes to worse I just say the rocket I'm building is going to have a SW theme (which it is) and I'm just completing the performance ;)

16. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    I know I belong in the Orlando forum, but I simply must comment on jackdoud's icon. It might be the funniest icon I have seen in the Star Wars forums.

Okay, that is all. I will now vanish into the realms of the Orlando forums...

Brandon

17. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Wow Pikaroth, that was a short post ;) Feel free to drop by the DB forums anytime! God knows I've been on the Orlando boards enough. Hey, maybe if all of the FF's in central florida got together, we could rule the state! *muwahahahaha*

18. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    haha. I don't believe poor 'ol Daytona Beach needs any of my epic posts. =)

Still, I do read the posts here from time to time; as you know, the Orlando forum is either completely dead for days, if not weeks, on end, and then, out of nowhere, there are a gabillion (yes, a gabillion!) posts. Plus this forum has that ever-so-cool Beach Trooper (which we brought up at the last Orlando meeting), and I never tire of the pictures.

It might be a good idea, though, to one day get all of the Central Florida groups together, even if only twice a year or something, or three times... whatever would be best. It might be worth looking into.

Brandon

19. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I think that would be an awesome idea! And don't worry, the same thing happens around here! It's really dead until it's time for a meeting, then for a few days it seems like everyone posts, then they all go away :p

So how did we get brought up? Hmmmmm, I may just have to make it to one of your meetings. But I do really like the idea of the CF groups getting together.

Now, about the activities fair...
    If Capt. Nobeard is ok with it, I have no problem sharing the ERFSEDS table with the Fan Force to try and drum up some members. It would probably have to be low-key because it's not an ERAU club, but if someone wanted to come out and sit at the table with a sign up sheet or something, that would be cool. I could even talk to the officers next week about getting Got Thrust shirts for whoever works at the table. Hmmmmm...

20. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Hey! Welcome to our boards, Pikaroth!

Hoorha! We have made it as a topic of discussion at Orlando's meeting! I say that's a compliment. How cool! :D

I finally got hooked up to the internet again. Sorry I fell off the face of the Earth for a couple days.

What do you guys think of a meeting on Saturday, Sept 20? That is the last Saturday that I will be able to do until October. Could you guys make it that day?

21. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    You were gone??? *cricket crikcet*

*runs far out of hte reach of Jayna's lightsaber and shouts* The 20th sounds good for me! What time?

22. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    Saturday is a go!
  23. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Good News!!! The GG is willing to push back Warhammer until 2 on the 20th, so do we want to meet around 1 like we planned before?

24. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    More good news, I have spoken to The Powers That Be and there is no problem if someone from the Beachtroopers wants to use some of the ERFSEDS table to promote the group. I realize it's really short notice, but if anyone wants to hang out by the table (in costume would be frelling awesome) feel free. Basically you'll just be asking anyone that comes buy to check out the ERFSEDS stuff if they are interested in the Fan Force, then get their info and let them know about the boards or give them the website addy or something. It's Wednesday the 17th from 10:30am-2:30pm. I have class from 10:30-2:00 so I will be there hopefully around 9:30 to set up and then around 2:00 to tear down the ERFSEDS stuff. But, if you are able to help and you don't have a costume, we'll give you a 'Got Thrust' shirt.

25. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Saturday the 20th at 1pm is great! Q, do you think you could talk to some of the other members of our group who don't check the boards often and see if that's cool with them? Hopefully it's ok for everyone!

As for the activities fair, Wednesdays are my craziest days and there's no way I'd be able to do it. Sorry! :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.