main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

September meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: York/Lancaster, PA' started by Rebel_Spook, Aug 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    OK, ya'll!

As we discussed at the last meeting, we are looking to have our next meeting in September. It was suggested that we look at the third Saturday of the month. That would be the 18th.

As far as I can tell right now, that should be fine with my schedule.

If anyone thinks that they can't make it then, we can adjust the date.

I am thinking that most meetings would start around early afternoon, but this can be changed as necessary.

If all of our members are still on this side of the river, we should look to have it somewhere in York county. Post any suggestions for location here, remember that we all agreed that coffee shops and restaurants would make the most ideal locations.

2. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    As for the 18th I'm open. So there is no problem there unless something comes up.

Now as for places if we keep it in York we could all go to the Panera Bread/coffee shop. They have plenty of space and very good food.

3. Asyr Handor

Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 1999
    I'm good with the 18th!

4. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Does the Panera Bread work for you, Asyr? It isn't much further than the Borders is in York that we were originally talking about for the first meeting. I can get you directions.

Does 1 PM work for everyone as the meeting start time?

5. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    1 PM works for me.

6. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Alright now that we had are official 3rd meeting what are we gonna talk about and discuss for our 4th meeting.

One thing I think we should continue on talking about is how to well, expand our fanforce. We spoke about it briefly last time but I think there are many ways we can continue to grow.

7. Asyr Handor

Oct 11, 1999
    1 PM is fine, Panera Bread is good!

8. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    OK, well, it should be posted soon that our next meeting will be at the Panera Bread across from Walmart off 462, at 1:00 PM on the 18th.

We've heard an idea or 2 about what we should discuss at this meeting. Are there any other suggestions?

9. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    I talked to my friend Tony and he said he would want to join. But at the moment he's busy at the York Fair. So we may not here from him until the end of the week.
    My brother is still coming to the meeting. The reason he hasn't been posting is because his computer's modem isn't working and he can't get online.

10. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    It's great that another person wants to join up. If he comes to the meeting without posting, he just won't be listed as part of the member list. But, he is more than welcome to come and hang out.

As for your brother..., I guess it'd be too much to ask you to let him use your PC...? :p

11. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Tony said he's online everynight so he'll post.

I read this under another discussion, maybe we can discuss the upcoming dvds. To bad we all don't have costumes or we could pick a store to promote the dvds on the 21st. And we could all walk around in costume.

12. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Hi everyone, I have some ideas for our next meeting and beyond. Some we have already brought up.

sw trilogy dvds discussion
    costuming
    C3
    charities
    fan recruitment
    episode 3
    future group activities
    future meetings

13. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Sounds fine, Scott. Well, that's everything we need, now everyone show up on Saturday and it'll be perfect!

14. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Good meeting, ya'll!!

I'll start working on the business cards soon and if anyone is interested in making their own I can get them the parameters for the right size or I might be able to send out a template.

I will contact the local CRs regarding possibly hooking up with them for going to C3 as a group.

And, of course, don't forget that Tuesday is a big day for Star Wars as the DVDs and Battlefront are released!

Sorry, you weren't able to make it, Asyr, you were missed!

15. Asyr Handor

Oct 11, 1999
    Hey guys! I'm so sorry I wasn't able to make it to the meeting...I hope everything went alright. Anyway, I have been in NYC from Wednesday, and early Saturday morning when I went to go home I had a flat tire. Spook, I spoke too soon about never having car problems! :D Anyway, by the time I got the tire fixed, etc. etc. it was late in the afternoon and I stayed around until this morning. Sorry, I missed it.

What did you guys decide on/discuss?

16. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    We talked about the upcoming dvds and their changes quite a bit. We also talked about making flyers and business cards to pass out and promote our fanforce. And since we all want to try and go to C3 Dave to going to get into contact with some of the other local fanforces to see if we can all go as a group.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.