Nash, TN SEPTEMBER MEETING?

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Kir Kanos, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kir Kanos Jedi Master

star 4
    Are we currently planning on having a get together this month Zach?
  2. DVDMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    That's up to y'all. Toymaster had hinted at doing a DVD viewing after the release on the 21st. I had been thinking that we might want to try and do a groupd movie for "Sky Captain & the World of Tomorrow" on the weekend of the 17th. That & Resident Evil 2 were the 2 movies getting the big push at DCon this weekend. Since Scott's had the initiative to start this discussion, what do y'all think? What do you want to do? The only danger to scheduling I know of is that the 501 is doing events at some of the local malls that week. But that Friday & Sunday would still be open.
  3. JediAgent Jedi Master

star 3
    Is NAD or the 501st doing anything for the DVD release in Nashville?
  4. TamboFett Jedi Knight

star 2
    The 501st and a few rebel legion members will be at the Rivergate mall on the 21st. Our Garrison XO (Skip) is in contact with them and will post times. We are also doing the Coolsprings and Hickory Hollow malls that Sat and Sunday if it works out. We would love to see as many NAD members as possible show up.
  5. JediAgent Jedi Master

star 3
    Great! Thanks for posting Glenn. I was just transferred to the 501st SO but haven't gotten on the mailing list yet. I've got 2 costumes, Clone Wars Obi-Wan or a Tusken Raider...which one do you think would be better to wear?
  6. DVDMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    Tusken! They're very big about having OTC characters, plus the NER guys tell us your Tusken is awesome!
  7. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah really, tusken all the way! :p

I'll be wearing my bun-head Leia costume for our release up here because it's OT...my female tusken just didn't seem right for this, nor did Sabe or anything else I've got. Heh.

Fun fun. Good luck with your event everyone!
  8. Kir Kanos Jedi Master

star 4
    "Toymaster had hinted at doing a DVD viewing after the release on the 21st"

A viewing either late Saturday afternoon or Sunday afternoon would be fine with me. The OT may be too long to watch all 3 (8 hours+). It would end up being an ALL day event & could even be potluck (everybody brings some kind of food). Unfortunatlely I wouldn't be able to stay for the whole thing. I've got way too much to do right now (with the wedding & getting ready to move) to spend all day watching STAR WARS. Perhaps we should pick just ONE (the voted favorite) & watch it. We could even play Star Wars trivial pursuit too or even have a tournament as long as we have enough sets.

Going to see "Sky Captain & the World of Tomorrow" Would be fine with me too. It looks interesting, especially the cinematography. PLUS, its on a weekend that Purdue isn't playing football, so any time in the afternoon or evening is fine with me on that Saturday. We may want to keep in mind that the Titans are playing Indianapolis at 1:00 on Sunday (game over around 4:00) too for those Football fans in the group.
  9. Toymaster Force Ghost

star 4
    "Toymaster had hinted at doing a DVD viewing after the release on the 21st"

*No longer an option.
  10. DVDMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    Think a DVD screening would have been too tight of a thing to do. I would have recommended just watching the 4th disc rather than try to hit the whole OT.

Maybe we should try to see "Sky Captain" it's being promoted as having an Indiana Jones style with a SW backdrop. at the very least we may just want to get together and share photos.
  11. TamboFett Jedi Knight

star 2
    JediAgent check your PMs for a message from me with a link to join your local 501st Yahoo message board.
  12. Toymaster Force Ghost

star 4
    Last year we did a post Dragon*Con lunch/photo swap at the Opry Milss food court. It was something we decided to do on the fly, but there was still a good turnout.
  13. Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA

star 6
    I could go for a lunch/photo swap. It would be hard for us to plan anything too complicated for September, but I'm sure all the Dragon*Con attendees would love to swap photos, and everyone that couldn't make it would love to see what they missed.

I'd be glad to burn a few CD's for anyone interested in some digital pictures of Dragon*Con.
  14. DVDMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    Well does everyone want to try an informal get together? I'm meeting with some of the StarGate guys on Saturday to look over DC pictures. Do we want to get together next week. I'm thinking of seeing "Sky Capt. etc." sometime next week when it comes out. Anyone else interested?
  15. Toymaster Force Ghost

star 4
    OK, I'll bite...

Next Saturday night works for me--I get off at 6:00. How's about the Opry Mills food court?
  16. jedichic07 Jedi Master

star 4
    I did not get to go, but I'd love to see the pics..i'm in for next Sat night at 6!
  17. Scruff Jedi Master

star 4
    The last two times we met at Opry Mills, taffic and construction was terrible. Are you sure you want to use that location?
  18. Toymaster Force Ghost

star 4
    Good point. Here's another suggestion:

Buca di Beppo in Cool Springs

The Hothlanta Rebels meet at Buca di Beppo in Atlanta every month. They could give us a room to ourselves, the prices are resonable and the food is good. Then we could always hit the movie theater afterwards.
  19. DVDMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually I was thinking of somewhere like our Cool Springs theater. Guess we could try the Opry Mills, but generally the news says to avoid travel towards the Hermitage area because of the increased construction schedules. The papers say there's extra pressure now that they're behind schedule. We may need to seek alternative locations.
  20. JediAgent Jedi Master

star 3
    Buca di Beppo's sounds good since I haven't been there yet. Also, I wouldn't mind goin to a movie afterwards...all that buttery popcorn goodness *drools*
  21. Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA

star 6
    I'd agree with Buca di Beppo. It comes highly recommended from the Hothlanta Rebels.
  22. DVDMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    Where is Buca di Beppo?
  23. Toymaster Force Ghost

star 4
    Cool Springs, right off I-65 near Target.
  24. jedichic07 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm in for Bucca....thaks for the suggestion!!
  25. DVDMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds good to me. If we get no objection, I'll try to post a meeting notice tomorrow.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.