main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN SEPTEMBER MEETING?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Kir Kanos, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    Sounds like an interesting place.

2. TamboFett

TamboFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2003
    Always Coolsprings...Why not Rivergate? or someplace different for a change, maybe more then the same handfull of people would attend.

3. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Bucca sounds good to me. Although I hope y'all like garlic. They use a lot of it from what I hear.

4. Doc_Savage

Doc_Savage Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2004
    Hi Guys,

I'm new to this group but DVDMaster, Hama, and Scruff know me (as well as my brother Patrick.) If you guys do hold the get together you're contemplating, Patrick and I would like to attend if you don't mind.

I also took a few photo's at DragonCon. I probably took around 320 or so and would like to see the ones that everyone else took.

Scott

5. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    I also took a few photo's at DragonCon. I probably took around 320 or so and would like to see the ones that everyone else took.

320... a few? ;)

Hope you can join us, Scott!

6. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    I took 280, but mine are all digital, no hard copies to show.

7. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
  8. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Probably not a bad idea. How many do we have going at this point?

From what I can tell it looks like 9 so far:

-JediAgent
    -Hama
    -jedichic7
    -DVDMaster
    -Scruff
    -Kir Kanos
    -Doc_Savage
    -Patrick (Doc_Savage's) brother
    -Toymaster

Anybody else?

9. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    OK troops, now to throw a slight wrench into the plan. Currently we don't know the showtimes for Sky Captain. Also, originally it was thought that the 501st events for the DVD release would be next weekend (25 & 26), but that has changed to being only this weekend (18th). Many of our 501st members are the ones with tons of pictures. Plus I haven't had the chance to send out the meeting notice through any of the usual channels. Is there any objection to delaying this meet & swap to next weekend (the 25th or 26th)? Or do we want to do it on this Sunday (19th)? What do y'all think? I plan to go to the DVD events (they're in my backyard at Hickory Hollow) plus earlier in the day there's a large community birthday party for a young man (9 years old) who's dying of cancer.

So what do y'all think? If we delay to next weekend do we still want to do Sky Captain or watch part of the DVD (extras?) together? Please realize that the 501st is NOT the reason I'm wanting to change plans, but rather I want to get the word out to those who don't regularly post. I put this decision in y'all's hands.

10. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    This weekend works better for me.

Sky Captain show times on Saturday are as follows for the Thoroughbred:

1:15 PM
    1:45 PM
    4:00 PM
    4:30 PM
    7:00 PM
    7:30 PM
    9:30 PM
    10:00 PM
    12:00 AM

11. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Either weekend works for me.

12. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    I'm still in the process of scanning pics, hope to have them on disc next week. 9 rolls is so much to scan.

Well I'm only good the 19th, 25th or 26th. By the way, where can you find movie times ahead of schedule? The only links I knew of lead to Fandango and that screwed NAD the last time we had a movie event.

13. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    Well, if they don't regularly post, then wouldn't it stand to reason that they would also be unlikely to go to an event? Group email has always gotten the word out to everyone in the past.

14. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Ken, have you received a group email? Doubtful since it was never sent. We never made official plans. Mike can't get off til 6, so we would need to do a movie that finished around that time, but we never got to that stage of the game. That's why I'm recommending a delay in one week. Technically we had our meeting at the regular time at the FF table at DCon, but that doesn't REALLY count. Also need to start deciding if anyone wants to do Horrorfest.

15. TK-6873

TK-6873 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    Why change the meeting time of the NAD because of the 501st Legion having an event? How would one effect the other? BTW, isn't this the normal channel for information of NAD meetings? It's where I always find out any NAD meetings or functions.
    FYI, The 501st Legion will be having events for the DVD release for these dates: September 18, 20, 21, 25 and 26.

16. Basill

Basill Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    Well, I like Garlic, and am looking forward to this Sky Captain flick... so throw me into the mix. I have no wrenches. Anytime is pretty much ok for me.

17. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    I'm pretty sure Scott got the movie showtimes on Carmike's official site.

And we've always done both a post here and a group email in order to reach as many members as possible.

Why not just settle the date/time debate with a poll? The time that works best for the most people wins.

18. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    Kinda late in the game to be changing the plans, dontcha think? If we move to next weekend, I'm out altogether since I'll be working all day both days. Didn't really see a lot of 501 people on that list of attendees anyway. Besides, if we put it off until next weekend, that's just one weekend away from our "regular" meeting day (theoretically the first Saturday of every month), so we'd be meeting up for two Saturdays in a row.

19. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Because there's not enough time for a poll. Start one if you like, but the opinions registered here are a good enough vote for me. The main problem with sending an email is that we don't have firm details for anything beyond Bepo's at 1800 this Saturday.

Not suggesting that we postpone the event for 501, but if both events are at the same time that kind of limits Jeff, Skip, TW, Glenn & I (of those 501/NAD who attended DCon) to only hitting one event. Majority rules on this one. Y'all make a decision soon and I can post it, but otherwise the mailing list will be for not. Another problem is that I may not have all my pics ready yet. Then I might have to mail out disks. Which is better for pictures CD-R or CD-RW. I've yet to find what a CD-RW is good for.

20. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    I'm for this sat...i know I don't have pics to share, but Sat is a good day for us to meet...a few can swap, then maybe at horrerfest a few more can the, since that would be a good chance to fill any slower hours there, and have some pics on hand at the "party city" table.

21. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    Poll has been created. Hurry--only got one day!!!

22. TK-6873

TK-6873 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    Anybody remember the episode where Barney ditched Thelma Lou for the Fun Girls?

23. Doc_Savage

Doc_Savage Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2004
    Hey Zach, exactly what, when, and where are the DVD events of which you speak?

24. JediAgent

JediAgent Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    GAH! I JUST found out about the 501st event since I just got put on the mailing list.

I'd like to do both events so I guess Sunday would be better for me... unless I skip the dinner and catch Sky Captain with you after the 501st event.

25. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    I will probably come to whatever events we have Saturday. Since this event is an "extra" event for September, I don't think it should matter that much that some people can't make it because of 501st conflicts. I wouldn't mind going to some of their things either.

As it is, I was thinking of having a movie screening the first weekend of October. Vandy has a football game that night, so that limits the time frame to like 11am-5pm. We could potentially watch 2 of the three movies during that time, or watch one and spend some time playing games, trading, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.