main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN SEPTEMBER MEETING?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Kir Kanos, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Which is better for pictures CD-R or CD-RW. I've yet to find what a CD-RW is good for.

Either works fine. Both have the same amount of storage space. A CD-RW can be reused (ReWritable) over and over, and is therefore more expensive. Consequently, I'll be making photo CD-R's for everyone planning to attend.

2. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    So have y'all decided on a time to see "Sky Captain" or are you throwing that part of the plan out the window?

Since the DVD event is in my backyard I'll be at that event. If it was Rivergate mall it would be a different story, but Hickory Hollow is almost at my doorstep. On a side note, it anyone isn't able to make the meeting, but still would like to see "Sky Captain" anyone want to try Sunday afternoon? I'm thinking about trying to see the film on that day.

3. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Since the DVD event is in my backyard I'll be at that event.

But isn't that next weekend Zach? The get together would be THIS Saturday (9-18-04) BEFORE the DVD is released.

How does the 4:30 showing sound (matinee). Whomever wants to go see SkyCaptain can meet up at the Throughbred around 4:00. Then everyone can plan on meeting at Buca beteween 6:30 & 6:45. The movie is 1 hour & 47 minutes. With previews it will most likely be around 2 hours.

Has anyone made reservations at Buca?
    It looks like we had 10 favorable votes. How many does that translate to (with friends & significant others?

Count me in for 2

4. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    I just went ahead and did the online reservation from the link that you posted, Scott. I figure we'll have around 12.

I wouldn't be able to do the movie until after dinner because of work, but I won't be heartbroken if I don't get to see it.

5. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    But isn't that next weekend Zach? The get together would be THIS Saturday (9-18-04) BEFORE the DVD is released.

No, Hickory Hollow THIS Saturday (they changed their plans at the last minuted). Cool Springs NEXT Saturday (would have skipped this one).

Glenn does bring up a good point that we may want to consider other areas for theaters. Although Rivergate & Opry Mills both have construction issues.

6. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    Locations are ususally chosen to be central to the majority of folks planning to attend. Unless a specific event is chosen such as the picnic or mini golf.

Every location we meet is at least 45 minutes away for me and when ChewieTitan came to meetings, he was even further than me.

7. Doc_Savage

Doc_Savage Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2004
    Since the DVD event is in my backyard I'll be at that event. If it was Rivergate mall it would be a different story, but Hickory Hollow is almost at my doorstep.

What is this DVD event and exactly when and where is it being held?

So, will the movie viewing be after the meeting at the restaurant?

8. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    "I wouldn't be able to do the movie until after dinner because of work"

Whatever y'all want to do. Seeing it afterwards would be fine with me too. I just can't split the weekend doing dinner on one night & the movie on the next. I have too much to do.

If we do go see it Saturday night, since its opening weekend, I would recommend purchasing tickets before we go to Buca's.

9. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    I would recommend doing it before Buca to take advantage of the matinee prices.

Doc (or our other Scott) I'll PM you the details.

10. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    Reservations are confirmed. Just tell them you're with the Lucas party.

11. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    Ok,..so where exactly is Bucca located? Do we have directions?

12. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    And are we seeing the movie at 4:30 and Bucca at 6:30, or just doing Bucca at 6:00?

13. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Buca di Beppo Cool Springs
    1722 Galleria Boulevard
    Franklin TN 37067
    [image=http://www.bucadibeppo.com/images/location/cool-springs.gif]
    Landmarks:

LANDMARKS: (cross streets, hotels, ect.)
    North of Cool Springs Mall on Galleria Blvd.
    Across from J. Alexanders.

Directions:

EAST:
    From I-40 go south on I-65. Take exit 69, Galleria Blvd. Stay to the left on Galleria Blvd. You will see us just on the left after you exit, across from J. Alexanders.

SOUTH:
    From Nashville Going South. Get of at exit 69, Moores Lane and Galleria Blvd. Stay to the left on Galleria Blvd. You will see us just on the left after you exit, across from J. Alexanders.

NORTH:
    Towards Nashville exit 69, go left on Moores Lane. Turn left at next traffic light, which is Galleria Blvd. One block down on the left, across from J. Alexanders.

WEST:
    From I-40 take I-65 south. Take exit 69, Galleria Blvd. Stay to the left on Galleria Blvd. You will see us just on the left after you exit, across from J. Alexanders.

14. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    And are we seeing the movie at 4:30 and Bucca at 6:30, or just doing Bucca at 6:00?

Both the movie and Buca. If you can only make it to one or the other, that's fine, too.

15. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    I'll be at Buca right around 6:00, or as soon as I can get out of here and get there. When I confirmed the reservations I told them that we would sort of be trickling in, but that there would eventually be around 12 of us. Amy's coming too! See everybody there...remember to tell them you're with the Lucas party.

16. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    I wish I could have made the movie. :( We ran out of time today with all that we had to do & couldn't make it. I'll see y'all at Buca's though. :)

17. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    Hey, that was fun! Bucca's was definatly a good place to meet, huge portions of food to share, we just need to ASK for a room to ourselves next time, maybe make reservations earlier to assure that. Otherwish, good turnout, it was great to see everyone after my hiatus!

18. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    huge portions of food to share

Maybe at your table... our table had no idea that three "small" portions wouldn't go around nearly as far as they did. Next time, we order the "large" portions. Of course, we still left there full -- ordering triple dessert helped us there. ;)

19. Basill

Basill Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    ...we just need to ASK for a room to ourselves next time, maybe make reservations earlier to assure that.

Yeah, if we hope to have that many people next time we eat there, perhaps we should ask for the "Pope" table. ;)

20. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Yup. It was a definitely GREAT gathering. Good food, good company. It was good to see Shannon's new little one finally. He's a cutey!!!

You missed a good one there NAD C.R. Hopefully the 501st won't schedule a meeting at the same time for the next get together.

21. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Hopefully, things will calm down a little bit for the 501sters after the DVD release. Speaking of which... are we going to have a DVD viewing at some point?

22. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    We should probably start planning for October pretty soon. If we are to meet on our scheduled day (which would be October 2), that's less than 2 weeks away!

23. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    At this stage of the game it appears that the October meeting will be Horrorfest. Hope many of you can make it. This year I'm going to ask Marc Ballard that are table be on like the opposite side of the room from the 501st table, so that there is no "competition" for a perspective member's attention. If done proberly the 2 clubs should be able to feed traffic to one another.

Sorry I had to miss this, but it was a bit more than a "meeting." We went to a birthday party for a terminal ill young boy in the early afternoon. Went to the Hickory Hollow Media Play (where I'll be tonight until midnight, not 100% on the time, depends) and then trooped at the Hickory Hollow Suncoast for around three hours interacting with folks.

Ryan & I caught Sky Captain yesterday and I thought it was pretty awesome. Good to go with another moviephile since Ryan & I spent most of the time deciding which film scene they were paying homage to. Loooove the 1138 reference & Ryan pointed out the Buck Rogers' comics in a couple of scenes.

24. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    I've volunteered a location for a DVD viewing on Saturday, October 2. My parents have a 52" TV (not-widescreen) with 5.1 surround sound. It would take place from approximately noon-5. If we were only going to watch one movie, we could start it around 1. To watch two movies would require a prompt noon start for the first, followed by a short break before starting the second.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.