main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI September Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by ROGUE_NINER, Aug 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    At Rick's suggestion here is the September meeting thread

Thursday nights are no good from September to December so that's one night we won't use.
    Boarders has been fun, and weeknights would be best if we want to use the couches and chairs.
    Another idea is we could go and do what Rick, Brent and myself did last year and eat at a restaurant.
    Then there is the old stand by of East Towne.

2. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    yeah the resturante is fun because you get food. yay I dont really know my schedule yet I know I have school till 6:30 on mon. wed. and probably work the other nights but as I did last time I can always take off if you give me 2 weeks of notice.

Forcebewitya!

3. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    So its looking like Tuesday, Friday and the weekends so far

4. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    The 13th thru 15th won't work for me, just FYI. Otherwise, I think I will be free and clear the rest of the month.

I'd have to leave you guys like I did last time, if we do Tuesdays. Fridays work, if no one is going away for a weekend, and I don't have current plans for that in September. I was thinking of going to the Chicago Collector's Convention, but decided not to, since I will be too broke around then.

So, any Friday is fine for me, unless we want to do a lunch during the weekend sometime. Up to you people.

5. resnictem

resnictem Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 3, 1999
    If we could avoid East Towne Mall's food court altogether, I would be happy. I wasn't able to hear 2/3 of what was being said. If there is another place inside the mall that is like East Towne Borders, that would be fine. The restaurant idea is a good one, although a place would have to be picked where the management wasn't trying to hustle us out the door as soon as we finished eating, so they could turn over the table. FWIW, Borders on the west side tends to have every table and chair filled when the University students come back to school in the evenings. Maybe East Towne Borders is a different story, I don't know.

6. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    East Towne Borders is far enough away from the UW where its not over crowded with UW students, but they do get packed on some weekends
    Last year we ate at Fazolies (sp?) and we weren't bothered by anyone while we were there. If we did go there there would be places to go and talk with in walking destance if we did have to leave
    same could be said for OCB aka Old Country Buffet, there are two parks one right across the street and another across East Washington. Both those places don't really have waiters who will come by every 5 minutes and you pay before hand

7. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    And at Fazolies you get free breadsticks as long as you're there *Thats something to bear in mind :D and yes as you said they were nice to us. Yeah generally the mall isn't that great some of our meetings when we had them at 10ish were good, if we did do the mall we could always go to Barnes and Noble. I really dont care but food sounds fun for a change and fazolies was tasty.

Forcebewitya!

Brent

8. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    yeah people wouldn't even need to buy food they could just eat the breadsticks

9. jedihexer

jedihexer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    I will try to make it- depending where and when it is? Brent let me know- the sooner the better. I am always working- ot working on the convention now!

hope to see everyone soon-Eric

10. Master_Arca

Master_Arca Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    Whatever the majority decision is is fine with me. The resteraunt sounds good because it helps me think when I eat. And Fazoli's sounds good ( I love their breadsticks). Also maybe with a resteraunt we could have a little more rrom and not be so cramped. So whatever, as for times just about anything works except a few nights which a might be able to work around, stupid marching band!

11. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Then it is agreed. Fazoli's it is. But when???

12. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Well Thursdays are out as are Monday and Wednesday. Tuesdays are questionable.
    Fridays maybe tough due to the Marching band, though I don't know for sure we'll have to ask.
    So That could be a weekend. Weekdays will be out of question for as well.

13. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Tuesdays are good for me...I'll just through that out there. And I will call you Eric.

Forcebewitya!

14. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Tuesdays are good for me too
    So thats two

15. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    I'm going to be out of town till the 23rd so I guess I'll find out then what you all decide see ya.

Forcebewitya!

16. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    OK, Tuesday is nice, but which Tuesday? [face_laugh]

Just to keep in mind, Tuesdays I have things going on after 7pm, and we can't really get together until 5:30pm, due to work schedules. So that means we will only have a couple hours to talk between bites. At least for me. You guys can keep talking as long as you like or until they throw you out.=P~

I was sort of hoping for a weekend lunch thing. That way everyone can get together and spend as much time as they like. I think Aaron might agree.
    So my suggestion would be a Saturday (like Sept. 10) at around 1 or 2pm (late lunch for some perhaps, but after the crowds). [face_batting]

Maybe we need to start with two polls. One for the day and one for the time, then we can figure out which date of the month to choose that fits what the outcome of the polls are. Just a crazy idea. We don't need send it up for a committee to decide(sounds sort of familiar, hmmm).[face_thinking]

17. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Keep in mind that Tuesdays don't work for me either.

18. resnictem

Jan 3, 1999
    I concur with Rick on the late lunch-Saturday or weekend idea.

19. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Ok so it sounds like a Saturday.
    The 10th works fine for me.

20. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    So, we have Fazoli's on east side of Madison on Sat., Sept. 10th @ 2pm? Will that work for everyone, or is a different time needed?

I know we still have time to decide, but I figured the sooner we can set this in stone, the easier others will have at keeping other things from taking up the same calendar space (example: scheduling days off from work and family activities).

If there is a more suitable date and time, please say so. I'm open for just about anything.

21. resnictem

Jan 3, 1999
    Crap, I'm going to Fightin' Bob Fest in Booboo that day. Oh well, have a good time, guys.

22. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    I think that's the weekend I may be heading out to Green Lake. Must double-check.

23. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    As I said... we don't HAVE TO have it that date. Suggest something else that works for YOU.

24. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Well The Weekend seems to be the best for us so if not the 10th the next week then, the 17th
    or Sunday the 11th, if we can pry some of us away from NFL opening day

25. resnictem

Jan 3, 1999
    The 11th or the 17th is good for me, whatever time everyone wants to meet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.