main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI September Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by ROGUE_NINER, Aug 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Okay, the 10th wouldn't work. 11th is a definite possibility. 17th is a no-go since that's probably a trip out to Chicago. 18th probably wouldn't work. I say let's nail the 11th, and if necessary, we will have the meeting in the TV section of Best Buy. :D

2. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    lol
    Ok thats three for the 11th

3. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Yeah the elevnth is not an issue for me either so I'll be in. Sports are not an issue either, I'm the traditional unatheletic geek. So any day or time should work unless I have class. So count me in, I just think it would be nice to have a meeting with everyone there ecspecially Jon since we haven't seen him in awhile.

Forcebewitya!

4. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Jon who? [face_whistling]

OK, so Sunday, Sept. 11 at 2pm @ Fazoli's. Right?
    Sounds good to me.

Anything else we need to know before this meeting? We have a couple weeks yet, but we can get some topics out for discussion.

5. resnictem

resnictem Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 3, 1999
    I will be there. And the Packers are playing the Lions, haven't we all seen how that usually turns out? P.S. You can always fall asleep to any number of sports highlight shows later.

6. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Yeah, Jon who? I know him not!!!!

Oh shoot, that's me.

7. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Well I'm a major football fan, but I can pull myself away for a game. So the 11th it is. Since Jon will be there I would assume one of the topic will be Film Con

8. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    I'll be there, Filmcon is coming up fast and also the collectors expo is in september. I think I might go for a day.

Forcebewitya!

9. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    The game starts at 3:15pm CDT, according to the NFL website. So I think we might only miss the first half of the game. Not too bad really. And if we miss the entire thing, one game won't kill us. Of course, there are such things as TIVO and VCRs. ;)

Jon, you know we love ya man. We just miss all of that happiness you spread. [face_batting]

10. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Oh yeah, I'm just a giant happy fun ball of happiness.

11. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    That doesn't sound good

12. jedihexer

jedihexer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    What time and where?????? I hope I can get time off. All I do is work these days. And work on filmcon! HAHAHAHAH

13. Master_Arca

Master_Arca Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    11th sounds great. I can come and nothing interferes (yay!). Hope to see everybody there!

14. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Eric, it would be a great honor to have you show up.

We will be at Fazoli's @ 2pm on Sunday the 11th of September. Thats the Fazoli's across from East Towne Mall, by the way.

I think everyone has agreed to that by now.

15. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Yeah,I called Eric and left a message so hopefully he comes.

Forcebewitya!

16. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    It would be good to see him at a meeting

17. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    I'm just posting to remind myself of our meeting. I have so much going on that I know it is easy to forget something.

So, everyone is agreed on the time and place, right?
    I know we went over this, but just want to check to see if anyone has new conflicts with it, before it's too late.

One topic I know is on everyone's minds is FilmCon. I'd be interested in hearing what Eric has to say about it, since it is his baby. I've always enjoyed FilmCon, and look forward to it.

Another topic would be the new movie coming out. "Serenity" which comes from the short-lived, but awesome TV series, Firefly. It's not Star Wars but very good from the looks of it.

And is it too early to talk about the DVD release of Ep III? Maybe, but it's still fun to discuss what we would like to see on it.

18. resnictem

resnictem Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 3, 1999
    Maybe we can also talk about how much time is passing in ROTS. And the signifigance of Jedi clothing.

19. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Yeah I will be there, the Next Dark Nest book, Unseen Queen will be out in a few weeks.
    We will also have a couple new games, Empire at War and Battlefronts 2

20. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    I may not be able to make it guys. I'll do what I can to show up, but something came up that can prevent me from showing up. Hopefully I'll see you guys there.

21. JediRacer8

JediRacer8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2004
    Hi guys, I know this is your meeting thread but since you don't have a topic for it, is anyone attending the Chicagoland Collectors Expo in Illinois next Saturday? Shawn and I will be there along with a few other Milwookiees. Get in touch with me this week if you are going and want to meet up.

22. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Sorry to have missed you Jon. We were hoping you would have made it, but figured something happened to keep you away. I do hope you will be able to make it next time, for sure.

Sara, I would love to go, but cash flow and gas prices make it impossible for me. I know Brent had said something about it to us, but I don't know if he was planning on going or not. I hope you have fun there and good hunting.

Back to the meeting...

Luckily, Fazoli's was slow. Everyone was probably watching the Packers lose their first game of the season. I do think that being slow allowed us to not get kicked out of the restaurant. Thanks Fazoli's!

We talked briefly about Episode 3 and a few little tidbits that were interesting, but minor.
    Eric showed up (Thanks Eric!!) and we got to hear about FilmCon and what to expect there. I am looking forward, even more, to going. Though it's still early to give an exact program or line-up of what and when things will happen, it's all very exciting.
    Of course we spoke of the Star Wars TV show that is being produced. The outlook for it wasn't too great, but who knows until we get to see it?
    That discussion spurred off to our own "what we would like to see" version of a Star Wars TV show, and it was hilarious! Eric did a great job at giving us a hint of what they might be like. I mean, imagine your favorite sitcom turned Star Wars. Total comedy!

Back to the FilmCon bit...
    We need to find places to pin up posters. Businesses in Madison and the surrounding areas that will allow us to do this. Most of the larger corporate places seem to not allow it, but the smaller ones might be happy to give us the opportunity to advertise the best convention in Madison.
    So, post any ideas and talk to these businesses about it. Much Thanks!!!

That's all I had to say. Now it's everyone else's turn.

23. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Great meeting overall guys, and girls. Thanks to Eric for dropping by, always livens things up a bit. I cant wait for filmcon thats for sure and I will see about getting flyers out to some places I think my dad could put some out all though I dont know if he gets many sci-fi fans in his shop but who knows. Its definitly worth a shot. Next is October are we thinking of doing a Halloween party maybe? just a thought I know I love an excuse to wear my costumes.

Forcebewitya!

24. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    A Halloween party does sound like fun. Start a topic for it and let's see how many bites we get for that idea. I like it, even though I have no Star Wars costumes to wear, I like to do makeup and stuff for myself and Kelly.

Again....

THANKS ERIC! For attending of course.

25. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    I had a blast Film Con sounds like it could be alot of fun, not sure If I can make it though Don't have the cash these days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.