So NM September Meeting

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jaina Byrd, Sep 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. gloomypadme Jedi Knight

star 1
    Blah, I won't be able to make it either. I have enough problems driving to Las Cruces on a weekend so Alamogordo is definitely out, especially with gas prices lately. Gir, I still haven't been able to meet all of you yet! :_|
  2. Jaina Byrd Force Ghost

star 4
    gloomypadme, if you're ever on campus at NMSU, you're welcome to stop by our apartment. :D
  3. gloomypadme Jedi Knight

star 1
    hehe, that would be cool. Thanks for the facebook wall write, that amused me and seeing my wall empty all the time was slightly depressing, lol.
  4. Norvon ORFF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Greetings All,
    It was great to meet everyone at the meeting today. Also, putting faces with names was great. I look forward to meeting with you all in the future. I will see if I can put together some of the fan films and bring them to the next meeting. If you would like some help with props or costumes, let me know. I don't mind helping anyone get theirs going or add to what you already have. Take care and may the force be with you!

Everett
    TC4380
    TK4380
  5. Jedi_Master_Xiania Jedi Master

star 1
    Hi Everett! It was great meeting you to. We had a really good meeting today. I'm excited and hope we can get some things going. It's always nice to meet some new people.:D
  6. SWJaggy Jedi Master

star 4
    How did the meeting go?
  7. Norvon ORFF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    I, for one, thought the meeting went well. There was a really good turn out, 9. We discussed several topics. The meeting minutes will explain them. There is no use in me stating them all here.

8. Jedi_Master_Xiania Jedi Master

star 1
    I think it went pretty good Ronnie. We had a lot of discussion on ideas of things we like to do. Andrea will have the minutes up at some point. But, we were batting around ideas about what we'd like to do for ROTS when it comes out on DVD. There's nothing definite yet, but we know we'd like to do something.
  9. SWJaggy Jedi Master

star 4
    I read the minutes. Sounds like it went well. Too bad I couldn't be there. Hopefully, depending where the next meeting is at, I'll be able to make it. But for now it's all up to posting.

Having a "propping/costuming/crafting day" sounds like fun. Hope you don't mind me pitching in an idea here but maybe when/if we do that we could go to like the children's ward of a hospital or something other than that.

And as for meeting places "Coffee houses in Las Cruces" sounds like a good place for me. I'm sure I'd be able to make those meetings.

I'm glad the meeting was a success.
  10. NM_Mandalorian Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey everyone, it was good to get to another meeting finally. Thanks for your insight to the whole costume and props stuff Everett. I am going to start looking into it all as well as hunt down some of those fan films. If you are able to get a hold of some of the films, I can always bring a portable DVD player to the next meeting with me if it would help.
  11. Norvon ORFF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    I read the meeting minutes. They covered the meeting very well. I look forward to the next meeting. I will try to have those fan films by then. I will post a site or two for everyone to get a preview. Have a good week.
  12. Norvon ORFF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Here is a great place to watch some fan films. I haven't figured out how to DL them yet. I will figure something out. Enjoy!

http://www.atomfilms.com/af/spotlight/collections/starwars/

13. DirtyOx Jedi Knight

Howdy all, I know I haven't wrote in....forever. Do ya'll know if there's going to be a meeting in the Cruces area sometime in the future? Driving there with gas the way it is ain't gonna happen. Oh by the way, preping for LASIK sucks cause you can't get your bucket on with glasses...!@#$&*()^ November or December *@$%^&)_+^%!#$%^!!!!!
  14. Norvon ORFF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Hello DirtyOx,
    I just joined this group last Sunday. I am a member of the 501st and have two sets of armor, a TK and a TC. I am working on making the TK into sandtrooper armor. I am just about finished with the pack. Hope to meet you at the next meeting.

Everett
    TC 4380
    TK 4380
  15. Norvon ORFF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Hello Everyone,
    If anyone is looking for a set of armor; below is a link to some on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7520125553&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

It hasn't gotten to high yet.
    Have a good day.

Everett
  16. Norvon ORFF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Never mind, it already ended. I forgot to check that before I posted the link to it. I will check next time.

Everett
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.