main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX September meeting

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by StormMoose, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StormMoose

StormMoose Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    Lets try a change of venue for this one. My suggestion is Double Daves Pizza on 34th and Ella. It is kid friendly, not a bar, it,s pizza, live music on weekends, and beer for those who cannot live without it. It is easy to get to and it is good pizza. Saturdays are still good. Any suggestions for a date? Ruban, when is your uncle sam time?
    Eric, my wife hates the hoilday special but understands why I like it.
    Lets try to keep this alive.

2. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    This new location would work for me (but Staggs Head would as well) ...

I won't say I can or can't make it this time ... I'm just going to wait and see, as eveytime I think I'll be able to make it something comes up. [face_laugh]

I'll just keep lurking in on this topic to see what date/time comes up ... even though this friday (still in August though would work for me as I get off of work early).[face_dancing]

3. _erikstormtrooper_

_erikstormtrooper_ Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2006
    Double Dave's is fine with me. At this point, I'm open every Saturday in September.

Ian, hopefully your wife won't hold too much of a grudge against me.

For anyone interested, at last month's meeting I wore a t-shirt made from the sticker on a vintage R2-D2 figure. You can make one yourself by downloading the pattern here:
    http://www.erikstormtrooper.com/r2stickers.htm (go to the bottom of the page)

4. _erikstormtrooper_

May 26, 2006
    Well, since no one else is offering any date suggestions, I'll try.

How about Saturday, September 15 at Double Dave's?

David, I just realized that in my last post, I called you Ian. :oops: Sorry about that. Keeping everyone's usernames and real names straight gets a little confusing.

5. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    I was wondering why my wife would have had a grudge, heh.

the 15th is fine by me... what time? We prolly want to hit it when it's not totally busy- say 3-4pm?

6. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    Looks good to me. I can get there by 4.30 . My wife is starting to like the special. She almost rented the Ewok movie the other day. Thank the force she had a change of heart.

7. starwarsgeek74

starwarsgeek74 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2006
    If all goes well, I could probably be there at 6:30, maybe a little earlier since I won't be too far from there. So wait for me!

8. JediMaraJadeSkyMaul

JediMaraJadeSkyMaul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 2007
    Well Sith Spit! I thought I had posted here!! LOL! I'm game for the 15th maybe, where in the galaxy is this new venue??? Someone help me, I am confused and bewildered, and utterly overtasked!!!! (is that even a word???)

9. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    It is off 610 and Ella. PM me and tell me where you are comming from and I can help you out. It is easy to get to and good pizza. I will get there between 4.30 and 5pm.

10. JediMaraJadeSkyMaul

Jul 17, 2007
    Very cool! I'll have mum look up the directions. The shortest route there is the best way to go! LOL! Don't have to spend as much for gas that-a-way!!!

11. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    #$%^$%#$%# ... I won't make it again if it's the 15th

* Note to self: don't buy so many Astro tickets in advance (for Bobbleheads; this time Carlos Lee) *:oops:

12. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    You could get them off Ebay. Just pull up Astros stuff. After the way this season has gone, I bet they would be cheap. Ha Ha I could not resist one last shot at them. Have fun.

13. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    Actually they aren't that cheap ... the biggio 3000 hits statues were going for $90+ for a few days they have cooled down to about $50. As far as the Astros bobbleheads for this year they have been running $30-75 depending on player.

14. JediMaraJadeSkyMaul

Jul 17, 2007
    Somebody pm me really good quick directions from the Woodlands to the place will ya?? Please and thank you very much!! Danny, I htink you should hjust let your mother go and get your boblleheads, beofre I bobble head you!! LOL!! [face_whistling]

15. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    LOL

BTW
    I sent you the directions ... just because I'm such a nice guy.

16. JediMaraJadeSkyMaul

Jul 17, 2007
    Yes, Danny, you are a nice guy!! LOL! I was just picking ya know!!!

17. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    Hey I might be late or absent- a friend is having car trouble and I'm helping out. I'll try to make it, but it doesn't look good now.

18. _erikstormtrooper_

May 26, 2006
    I should be there between 4:30 and 5.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.