main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp September Meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jediscar, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    Now that we have made it through the big event, maybe we should think about a September meeting date. I am away the 6th-15th, but Ralph has suggested a pocketmodel tournie on the 21st. That leaves us the weekend of the 27-28th. What dates work for everyone else. Perhaps a poll is in order?

2. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    More info on the pocketmodel tournie. It will be at noon at Jetpacks on 9/21. This is a SUnday. We can set it up however we want, but Ralph would appreciate it if we each purchase 2 packs while we are there. I'm sure we will get a discount, so I wouldn't count on it being more that $10 a person. I was thinking we could play one round with only those pieces included in the sealed packs, and another with those peices plus some of your own to make a full 30 build-star fleet....

As for business to discuss: 1) review the fund raising event and constructively come up with ideas to improve upon it for future events. 2) Discuss the state of our group fund. 3) Begin planning for fall/winter events such as SuperMegaFest and other local shows.

3. PRINCESSVADER73

PRINCESSVADER73 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2008
    Is this going to be a combined meeting/tournament or are they going to be 2 separate Sundays?

4. Cephas

Cephas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003
    sounds like fun! I'm in

5. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    If people agree to do bothon the same day, that would be great. If we wanted to have the PM tournie at noon, then have the meeting later someplace else or still at the shop to meet up with anyone who doesn't want to play, that works for me. As long as you all remember to say happy birthday to me....(it's really the 22nd, but close enough).

6. PRINCESSVADER73

Apr 16, 2008
    hmmmm...what kind of cake would you want for your birthday? (and don't say Death Star, I'm soooooo done with that) I know someone else who has a birthday in Sept., too... ooooo, I think I've got an idea...

7. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Who else is a September b-day?

8. Cephas

Feb 23, 2003
    I will be one year closer to 100 years of age as of September 6!

9. PRINCESSVADER73

Apr 16, 2008
    ....there is another.....

10. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Let me know the date and time and I should be there! Though I can't say my singing ability is all that good, I should be able to stumble through 'Happy Birthday"! :D

11. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    It wouldn't happen to be your birth month as well, would it princess??

12. PRINCESSVADER73

Apr 16, 2008
    My birthday is in March. You need to let go and trust that the Force will guide you to the answer which you seek....

13. Darth_Cobern

Darth_Cobern Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2008
    Is the Pocket Model match going to be an official WizKids-sponsored event? And if so, do we need to register at their website to be considered for prize and ranking purposes?

14. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    The event will not be wizkids sponsored, but I believe Ralph has registered it at their site. You do not need to sing up in time. If it is a registered event, I can add you later and have it affect the rankings. For those of you whoe are planning on playing and have not yet registered with Wizkids, please do so if you'd like to participate in the tournie at Jetpacks on 9.21

15. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Capt_Brandon_Berry Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2008
    is this going to be just for the game or the meeting two?

16. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    I think the plan is to have the games, then the meeting. Meeting location can be at Jetpacks or someplace else...

17. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    ANyone who wants to play in the pocketmodel tournie on 9/21 at Jetpacks, please register on the Wizkids site, then search for Jetpack Comics as a venue. Sign up as a player for the event on 9.21. I would like to know who is playing abotu a week prior so I can make up the brackets. It will be a double elimination tournie. The first couple of rounds will be with 2 sealed decks per person, where you can only play out of hte packs you purchase that day. It should be about $10 per person. The later rounds, you can supplement your sealed-pack fleets with your own cards and models to make full standard fleets and decks.
    If people dont' like that idea, we can ddo 2 tournies, one sealed deck and one pre-built.

18. Cephas

Feb 23, 2003
    It won't let me sign up. I enter my username and a passcode then it wants me to get my mommy's permission to go online and have her send in a permit for me to play.

Can you please post info on how we need to join?

19. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I just realized that I probably won't be able to make it to the tournament because me and the wife have tickets to the Highland games at Loon Mountain that weekend. Any idea when and where we'll have the meeting portion? Will it be at Jetpacks as well? I *might* be able to make it to that, depending on time and place...

20. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Aside from registering with Wizkids, I can't really tell you more abotu how to do it. It's pretty straightforward once you get a login name and password...

No one else has posted any thoughts about time and place forr the meeting...

21. theimmortaljedi

theimmortaljedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2008
    I am working all night saterday and untill 830 sunday night that weekend. MY week end of the month. Figures!

22. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I did a search on the wizkids website and I didn't find any tournies for September. The last one listed is for May

23. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
  24. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm signed up! Not sure if I can make it, but I'm signed up! :D

25. sy_snoodles

sy_snoodles Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2008
    If we don't get enough people to sign up for the tournament will we still have the meeting? I would like to go to the meeting but do not wish to attend the tournament. Darth Cobern is going to sign up but can't remember his password(must be old age) So where and what time will the meeting part be? I am still getting compliments on the "movie and dinner" at my work place!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.