September Meeting

Discussion in 'Orange County, CA' started by Jedi-Loreen, Sep 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 2, 2002
    star 4
    Hey everyone, the September Meeting will be held on Sunday the 14th at 3pm.

    It will be at a new venue:
    First United Methodist Church of Huntington Beach
    2721 Delaware St
    Huntington Beach
    Room 34


    Hope to see all of you there!

    [image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b8/JediLoreen/Miscellaneous/Donschurch.jpg]

    [image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b8/JediLoreen/Miscellaneous/DonschurchAerial.jpg]

    Click on thumbnails above to enlarge.
  2. crazybirdman Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 24, 2003
    star 4
  3. crazybirdman Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 24, 2003
    star 4
  4. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 2, 2002
    star 4
    Meeting Minutes:

    We are trying out a new Meeting location, Don's Church in Huntington Beach.

    Old Business:

    Clone Wars Movie, a group went to see it at the Block. A small event went on for Gabriel's daughter, Mercedes, at the Irvine Spectrum. Thanks to Carrie, Chris, Darren and Matt for participating in this.
    LA County Fair. A small group went by invitation of the 501st to put on out Saber Alliance show for the kids. 3 shows were done on Saturday and Sunday. EJ (Ewok) did a great job leading the show on Saturday.

    New Business:

    Treasury:
    Don gave a break down of expenses to explain how and where our dues are spent for the club.

    Website update:
    Mark has been sick, so not much has been updated recently. He is working on more comprehensive Photo Gallery and Member Page, as well as downloadable pdf documents containing better collateral for the club.

    Grif needs to resumbit his costume photo and Ewok still need to send his costume photo and regular photo to Mark for the website.

    Any multi-club events that include the Fan Force will be posted on our boards.

    Social Events:
    Being discussed are more movies, miniature golf, laser tag. Watch the boards for more information on upcoming events.

    OC Saber Alliance:
    Why we do this--to bring some entertainment and joy to low income kids that aren't able to get out much.
    We are discussing the possibility of purchasing a few better kid's sabers from Ultrasabers. Don will put up a Poll to see if we want to use club funds for this.
    The cheaper ones we bought last year aren't made for the use we are putting them to and Lori can't keep fixing them when they break.

    Phil is looking to put together a Volunteer Team to write a new script and develop a new show.

    Wednesday and Sunday saber classes are still going on as scheduled. The Wed. classes have a larger group that does team type games. Sunday has a smaller group and is more for refining your skills and working one-on-one with people who want to develop their skills.

    We are working on an OCSA/OCSWS logo and a new T-shirt run.

    Costuming Projects:
    Rion talked about the Brown Coat project for Firefly/Serenity costumes. He wants to schedule a helmet painting workshop most likely in November.

    The X-Wing project is sort of on hold, some people stopped to work on costumes for the Saber Alliance shows. Gregor may have another workshop at his house for people who need to finish up their costumes. That info will be posted when it becomes available.

    People who are interested in making a costume to submit to either the 501st or Rebel Legion are being encouraged to sign up on the appropriate Message Forums.

    Open Forum:
    Gabriel brought up the possibility of doing a Fund Raiser for the place his daugther goes to, Project Walk, in San Diego, they treat people with spinal chord injuries and help them learn to walk again. Don will talk to the Rebel Legion and San Diego Fan Force to see if they want to help out.
    Gabriel would also like for us to come to Mercedes' Star Wars themed birthday party in January, in costume.

    If anyone has any ideas for new locations to hold our Meetings, please post them on the boards.

    Our next Meeting on October 12th will be held at the Pumpkin Patch at Golden West College parking lot.
    We are planning to have our Meeting, then purchasing pumpkins to carve there. Details will be forthcoming when they are finalized.

    Trivia Quiz:
    James gave an interesting and different, but difficult, movie themed Quiz (no Star Wars movies in this one) Phil and Grif were tied, Phil won the tie breaker. James said he would post the link for the quiz so that people who weren't at the Meeting can try it and see how well they do.

    Attendance:
    Phil (falcon), James (crazybirdman) Rion (3720to1) and Brittany, Lu (Myst Windu) Don (zhi-don), Darren (DKF Vader), Gabriel (gmariscal21), Lori (Jedi-Loreen), Jim (MandalorFett), Matt (mdtillard), Joe (Grif), Shawn (Shades), and Liane (Lianakin Skywalker) who didn't actually
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.