September Meeting

Discussion in 'Calgary, AB' started by echosevin, Aug 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    When: Sunday, September 20th
    Where: Eau Claire Community Room (located on the main floor in Eau Claire Market - by the old IMAX entrance)
    Time: 6-9 pm

*C5!!! News, updates, planning!
    *Clone Wars: Season 2!
    *Star Wars In Concert
    *Collecting News - Red5
    *Upcoming conventions - Edmonton pop culture fair,CCEE 2010 etc...
    *Upcoming events - Halloween?? Christmas??
    *Open forum
    *Good ol' socializing!

Please bring a donation for the food bank ($$ or food). If there's something you'd like added to the agenda, please let me know.

See you soon!
  2. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    <bump!>

Just a reminder about this weekends meeting :D Hope many of you can make it!!
  3. PADAWAN-JOHN68 Jedi Knight

star 1
  4. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks to everyone who made it out to the meeting last night!! I'll have the notes up sometime tonight (for those of you who couldn't attend).

5. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    Another fun meeting good to see both old and new members.
  6. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    Just a quick summary of what was discussed at the meeting:

*C5 - no date yet, but Sansweet says they sometimes wait until 6 months out before announcing the date/venue. That means we're looking at late Oct or early Nov for an offical announcement. Get your passport now!! Start saving your pennies! Because once the date is set, planning goes into OVERDRIVE!!

*Clone Wars: Season 2 - Teletoon Canada has already been airing Season One (weeknights on channel 38 at 6:30 pm). Season 2 premieres next Friday, Oct 2!! Lots of Bounty Hunters and other surprises are in store for us :D

*Star Wars In Concert - closest show to us is Seattle, on Oct 12th. Dooks and a few others may be going. Tickets are on sale. Rumour has it that it may come to Canada - but nothing set as yet. Stay tuned....

*Collecting News - Red5 - please contact Red5 for into on this (there's just too must to list!!). Needless to say, Sideshow and GG are providing some exciting and amazing products!

*Upcoming conventions - Red & White show is Oct 4th, Edmonton fall pop culture fair Oct 18th (the last two shows this year).

*Upcoming events - Light the Night is this weekend (Sept 26th). The FF is walking for (our Friend of the FF) Matthew Millar, who's cancer has since gone into remission. Hooray Matthew!! Dooks will post details shortly - hope to see many of you out (in costume or not).

*Good ol' socializing! We welcomed Vince to our meeting. Vince found out about us thru Peter and decided to come check us out (hopefully we didn't scare him off and he'll return next month).

7. Rusted_Halo Jedi Knight

star 1
    wished i could have been there but i'm really hoping to come out for the walk on sat since i'm back now
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.