main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY September Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Drk Father1, Aug 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drk Father1

Drk Father1 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    I don't think we ever mentioned this saturday, but when would we like to have our next meeting? (Subject to Bob and Greta's availability of course). :D

Do we want to go with the 2nd or 3rd weekend (14th or 21st)?

Also, would we like to just go ahead and make the same weekend of every month (excepting holidays of course) our normal meeting?

2. Unicron

Unicron Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2002
    I'm going to the Ohio Renaissance Festival the weekend of Sept. 28 & 29, so I can't make it that Saturday night, but any other week is fine by me.

I like the idea of regular meetings, so we don't have to have a new thread each month deciding which weekend to choose. I vote for either the second or third Saturday of each month.

-John

3. oggiebendoggie2001

oggiebendoggie2001 Jedi Master star 1

Jun 12, 2002
    Meg & I are going to the Ohio Renaissance Festival the weekend of September 21 & 22, so we can't make that Saturday, either.

I agree we should (Bob & Greta willing) have a standing meeting every month. I'll also vote for the 2nd or 3rd weekend of the month.

4. Jedi9650

Jedi9650 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    I think every third saturday of the month is fine with me. But the question is what will we be doing for the next meeting?

5. Darthcrawford02

Darthcrawford02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    I also like the idea of the second or third Saturday. I know Bob would have to agree on which one. Maybe starting with our September meeting we can get on specific topics for each meeting, now we have most of the general stuff out of the way. One meeting could be how to make the ultimate costume. One could be collecting and diarama building, ect. Does anyone have a suggestion?

6. Zam-the-Assasin

Zam-the-Assasin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2002
    Go darth plastic! woo-hoo! ;)

I think that the 2nd Saturday would be good, but of course, as mentioned before, that would be up to Bob and Greta....either way, it is fine for me :D

7. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Well, so far looks like the 2nd weekend works best for most of us. Especially those of you I saw this weekend. ;)

8. FarmboyKatarn

FarmboyKatarn Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 26, 2001
    Well I have cross-country meets almost every Saturday until November 9, but I doubt they'll last longer than noon or 1; so I should be able to make most of the meetings in the forseeable future.
    Yea Darth Plastic!!

9. Lady_Lumiya

Lady_Lumiya Jedi Master star 1

Aug 18, 2002
    I agree we should start having regular meetings. I think it would make it easier to plan for activities, food and future field trips.

10. Bunny

Bunny Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    Sounds fine! By the way, sorry I've been a bit MIA, been busy and now I'm sick, so woohoo for me. :)

11. Darthcrawford02

Jun 9, 2002
    For all those who wanted to contribute to this past weekend's festivities for the room and pizza the grand total was $131.01. 75.14 for the room($69.00 + tax). No they wouldn't take the coupon we found. The pizza was $55.87. If anyone is interested in contributing anything to the bill that would be appreciated. If you can't no big deal and understandable. If you can donate just send me a private message or e-mail me @ Patman3211@AOL.com. Just bring the money with you to the next meeting. I know a few of you that said you help me split the cost I will back with you on how much it is. Any amount would be good, I have already received $20.00.

On another note Darth Plastic may show up at the September meeting for all those who did not get to meet him this weekend.

Hope to see a lot of you at the next meeting.

12. Unicron

Apr 5, 2002
    Darth Plastic rocks. :)

13. Zam-the-Assasin

Zam-the-Assasin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2002
    Yes, Darth Plastic is your friend ;)

Hey Lady Lumiya, i am afraid im going to have to tell you, you DID see that..... :)

14. historyfolks

historyfolks Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 28, 2002
    Hey Everyone!

I'll check my schedule asap to see if the 14th of September will be ok for the next meeting.

15. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Cool!

By the way, what does everyone think should be our "theme" for the next meeting?

I was thinking about a gaming night since we had so much fun this past weekend playing Jedi Life.

Trivial Pursuit, Star Wars Monopoly, Jedi Life, Star Wars Risk, etc., etc.

16. Darthcrawford02

Jun 9, 2002
    A game night sounds good to me. I have the Life game, Star wars trival pursuit, Still have not played the stratego game yet and both monopoly games. I could bring a couple or all games

17. Xaverri

Xaverri Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2002
    Yay! Games! I love games! Sounds good to me :D

18. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Bring 'em all! I'll bring what I've got too, that way if we have lots o' people we'll have plenty o' games!

19. historyfolks

historyfolks Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 28, 2002
    Saturday Night the 14th of September will work out fine for the office! Consider it Official

20. Darthcrawford02

Jun 9, 2002
    Cool, SO meeting/game night is on for the 14th. I hope to see everybody there.

21. Jedi_AzizoRho

Jedi_AzizoRho Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2002
    Unfortunately, I won't be able to make the meeting this month. I am going the the Ohio RenFaire on the weekend of the 14th and a friend is having a LOTR party (It Bilbo and Frodo 's birthdays) on the next weekend. I didn't make the room party either, but I saw quite a few of you at Conglomeration. I hope a good time was had by all.

Louis.

22. Unicron

Apr 5, 2002
    I have updated the website at www.louisvillealliance.net with info. about the next meeting.

Also, Patrick sent me some of his pictures from Conglomeration weekend, and I've posted those to the site. For those who want to see Darth Plastic, you can check him out on the site now. Unfortunately, I don't think any photo can do justice to the true craptastic nature of that mask. :)

-John

23. CreatureCreator

CreatureCreator Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 31, 2001
    Did anybody get any pictures of the Wampa?

24. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    I think my wife did but I'm not sure, she still hasn't taken the daggone film to get it developed!

25. Darthcrawford02

Jun 9, 2002
    Unfortunatley I did not get a chance to take a picture of the Wampa. I wish I did though. That's why the wampa needs to make an apperance during one of our winter meetings. What do you say Dan around Janurary? When there is snaow on the ground It would make an awesome picture.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.