September Metting---Things that were discussed

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Bravo, Sep 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. Bravo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I was asked to post a thread on what was discussed at the meeting. This is purely to give people an idea of what was discussed, NOT, IN ANYWAY, IS THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING. Although more then a few of us had strong support for a few things mentioned, we'll hold off on that until a later date. Things discussed, I'll do the best I can, I'm tired:

1) Membership Fee---$10 to $15 dollars---gets you a RMFF T-shirt and RMFF ID Card and is good for a whole year

-This is a heated topic, as it was tonight. It gained much support, esp. from the newbie and not so veteran yet members, as well as a few veteran members, and was well liked as a good idea. However, there is some heated debate to it and wheather or not it should be a "required" form of membership or not. As of right now, we all knd of agree it shouldn't be a "required" form of membership, although there are lots of things that have to be discussed before we can further this idea. Look for more topics on this issue throughout until December.

2) Emergency Pool of Money---Money gained from Membership Fee, not used towards T-Shirt or Membership Card---would go here

-This idea was well liked by all. It would help out ANY RMFF Member facing a hard time. And when we mean member, we mean even if your just a poster at the boards here. This is where the Membership Fee is butting heads with it. But anyways, it was well liked. From the money gained from the Membership Fee, if seven dollars went to a T-Shirt, two dollars went to the RMFF ID Card, three dollars to other pools of money---planning events, etc.---and the extra three dollars would go into this Emergency Pool of Money.

3) RMFF Council

-This topic gained more insight and topic debate then most thought probably. And a few members, newbie and veteran alike, had some good ideas. To be on the RMFF Council, we're looking for dedicated members, meaning, if you say you'll run something or oversee something, you'll do it, not slack on it. Along with the Membership Fee, look for topics on this issue throughout until December.

4) General Meeting---Held Every Six Months

-This was an idea that was liked by all and will most likely be discussed very heavily in upcoming meetings, if not a part of RMFF within the next month or two. We are looking for a general meeting, to discuss the politics and other doings of the RMFF group, every six months. It will be held at the same place every year, so Fat City for example. Every year, same place. The whole purpose of the meeting is the politics of RMFF. The once a month meetings will instead focus on Star Wars as a group, having fun, while this meeting every six months will be so all can come, same place every year, and we will discuss the not so fun politics and other red tape stuff of RMFF.

5) A Nod Leader

-We have certain members who are around each other more then others. We were thinking that for every group of three to seven people, there would be a Nod in the group. This Nod Leader or Squad Leader would have everyone's phone numbers, email addres, and other contact info. ONLY THE NOD OF THAT GROUP WOULD HAVE THAT INFORMATION. Everyone else in the group would not have that information, not even the RMFF Council. The Nod would have to be a trusted friend or someone you can trust with your phone number (cell or home) and email address.

The Nod would have to be a activite members, meaning he/she would need to know everything that is going on. The purpose of the Nod Leader is to make sure everyone in his/her group knows of upcoming events, RMFF Council rulings, anything happening of major importance to the RMFF group basiclly. The Nod would make sure that his/her group knows what is going on, even if one of the members hasn't been online for a month or two.

However, it's a double edged sword. The member in that Nod Leader's group would need to make sure that the Nod knows if he/she will be out of twon for a while, won't be online for a while for some reason, can't make a planned meeting or event they were going to.

2. JediDragon Jedi Master

star 5
    Can we get a list of who all was at the meeting? It'd help me understand whose opinions were represented during these topics. Just out of curiosity.
  3. arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master

star 5
    Im very curious since it seems some plans were discussed (and at least one implemented*) that I totally disagree with and want no part of. :)

*You say its not "what is happening" but you already started the "Roster thread".
    And you know why I HATE that thread?
    Because it seems sneaky.

"this tied into the Membership Fee."

Which I am totally opposed to and will not support in any way, but hey look-

you went ahead and started that roster already.

I wish I could swear on these boards. :)
  4. RavLoc_Vos Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Hey All

I also am more than a little debated on some of these Implamentaions. I am Not writing them off out right, but I would also like to know a little more about who is allowed to have say in these things. I do agree with the Nod Leader that is something that is Very important when it come to the Steel City Jedi group, seeing that as of now I would be the Nod Leader. But there are some issues that Sound good but need more clarification. Just my thoughts and keep up the good work.

Later Days...
  5. gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master

star 5
    I feel the need to post this again since this is now the after meeting thread in case no one goes to the other thread.
    I will say this up front, I do not believe in the DUES issue. This is a recreational group and should not obligate people to give money. If you can donate and you want to...AWESOME.

This is my earlier posting:

Missed a lot of familiar faces today. I dare say, they were very much needed. Perhaps next month though.
    Much discussion today about possible views for the group as a whole. Where everyone wants to go is THE HOT TOPIC it seems.

From this member's point of view, I observed a feeling that some members feel like their is a ton of disorganization. That some sort of structure is needed for the group as a whole. I can see where this would be important to every event that is planned to do by the group. Events take planning, planning takes organization. Not a hard equation. When that particular type of planning is needed and we all know it, that's the point when everyone who belongs to this group should ask... " how can I help? "
    That said it should also be recognized that "timing is everything" and sometimes members can't get involved because of other priorities. Be it family matters, Job, School, family members who are ill or infirmed temporarily etc. No one should be blasted for life happening around them. Not saying anyone has, just stating an opinion. I believe that this group is about having the FUN, whatever form that takes that applies to the group. We all love Star Wars!
    That is what surrounds and binds us together... and the force. When I came to the RMFF, I wasn't looking for structure or organization, I was glad to see that their was a group of like-minded people who care about what Sci-Fi and Fantasy contributes to their life. Personally speaking, those two topics make my life a lot more enjoyable but then, I'm a total geek!
    This is a group of people, not soldiers that have to march to the same beat. Diversity lives here and that's a really good thing. I keep hearing the word "potential" that this group can have. Hasn't it already? Won't it do so again? YES is the answer. I for one, don't expect constant activity and balls to the wall fandom 24/7. There are circles of life happening within this community and as a community, it is important to focus on those things too. Like new Star Wars fans being born (Yea Chico) and the sympathy that we all feel for AnthonyMaul. There is a lot of real life happenings being shared on the board besides Star Wars Worship. I love it!
    It seems to me that this year was pretty intense for the group members who devoted much of their time and effort to seeing those events pulled off that surrounded the release. I was not a part of the group at that time but it is discussed among those who did in high regard. I'm guessing, but perhaps that will not be the case this coming year and things might be a little more relaxed? That's just the Hippy in me folks, sorry.
    I've been around a little while now and I am so very pleased that I found the RMFF. I have met some real genuine, devoted, sweet and intelligent people in this group and I can only say that, that has definately added to the enjoyment of being here. I look forward to getting to know everyone at some point or another. The benefit to belonging to a group of people like yourselves, is that you get to share that which you love so much... with other people. It's a human thing.
    I know, I know, what a bunch of mush and gush. (picture a giant hallmark card sitting at his computer typing away)
    That is what the group really means to me and I will make a considerable effort to be there and help often... because I want to. It's that simple.
    One more point... it was said in a thread not so far away... You get out of the group, what you put into the group.
    That is very true and take it to heart.

OK, everyone breath a sigh of relief... I'm done being mushy.

...for now
  6. Taeriel Jedi Master

star 5
    I agree with with JD - could we please get a list of who was at the meeting? It would be helpful for getting a better picture of things, such as when you say things like "was well liked as a good idea".

Woooow. Ok, this is drastically different from anything I've heard previous to now; at least, to what I think I've understood. I mean, yes, I recall brief mentions of suggestions like "help out newbies" on some stuff... but this sounds like something different from that?

I have to admit, insofar as this was outlined above... my inclination is to be against this proposal. Don't get me wrong - I am totally for helping people, and I have done so in the past. But setting up some kind of official thing? Personally, I think that helping out friends and members should be something people decide on an individual basis, rather than something they pay into in advance.

Gah, I've got to go, so I'll have to cut this short.
  7. gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master

star 5
    I'm gonna honor your request JD and try from memory (uh-oh scary) to give you that list...

OK, here goes.
    Myself (Gra-Co)
    Nnaydolem
    Sith Chick
    Darth Hair
    kitarusapien
    Bravo
    Sith Lord Draco
    Sithis
    Skyliter (is that right Bevin?) sorry man.
    and there were 3 others I've not seen before.
    Anyone help me out here.

I'm pretty sure that's it. 12
  8. Bravo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    These are only ideas. Nothing has been taken off with yet. Everyone who was there knows that. It's different posting it here then talking about it in real person.

I started the Roster thread because I'm not going to wait around for another meeting to get that approved when all we need to do is see how many people are part of the RMFF. The Roster Thread, in no way, approves ANYTHING. It's just a small start in fixing a few things, one of which is how many members do we really have.

-Jason
    Fire Fighter/EMT-Basic
    Jackson 105 Fire Department
    "The funny thing about firemen is... Night and day they are always firemen."
  9. SkyeLightrider Jedi Knight

star 6
    Close... name's Bevan, and my username is plainly seen left and up of here :p
  10. FenigDurak Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I went to Denver Fabrics today with Cory (Gra_Co, not JD) and he filled me in on what happened at the meeting.

I need to inform y'all of one thing. If you start charging DUES or a MEMBERSHIP FEE you will HAVE to fill out taxes. The Grey Jedi are doing a similar thing and have learned they have to register as a legal group and get a tax number, or some shiznit like that. Now...if we were to have a fund to help out members when they are in need, or have a bank account set up and a single cent of that ever went to something deemed profitable, LFL could and likely WOULD jump on us for it.

I'm not angry about these issues. I'm disappointed. If a membership fee is instituted, I'll be leaving the RMFF and staying wholly in the Legion. I'm not trying to offer up a threat of my continued absence (as life and education has kept me away as it is), but just offering my opinion as I wasn't at the meeting (but rather a theme wedding).

I will admit, in the past, the flow of funds has seemed very one sided. The people who have the available funds donate. Those who don't, end up volunteering a bit more of their time. The RMFF started out a social group. We continued to be a social group throughout my tenure (all 3 years of it. Woo. Tenure), and despite the fact that we're a bit on the unorganized side, we still managed to appear very professional at the large number of phenomenal events that were put together.

It seems to me, and this is only my perception, that the majority of the changes being lobbied for are coming from new members. My advice for the newbies. Come to more than one meeting. Go to at least two events. Talk to everyone you possibly can. Both members and otherwise at these events. Get a genuine feel for how the group works. We are a dynamic set of driven people. The harder you push for change before you know the true soul of the group, the faster people will leave.

11. Bravo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    If someone is new, does that mean we do not honor there opnion? Bevan, who is as new as it gets (no offense dude), had some very good ideas, as did two other of the "newbies" and their "new". Bevan and the others might be "new" but that doesn't take away at their intelligence or right to make votes for changes. Some of the best ideas came from the "new" people and some of the "veterans" liked the ideas.

Just because someone is new doesn't mean they can't voice. We had more "new" members then veteran members at the meeting. If you don't want "new" people voiceing their thoughts on subjects, have more veterans attend to have their voice heard.

Frankly, the RMFF is stuck in a "new" verus "old" with the members. And this is clear with forcing our "new" members to attend two meetings or whatever before they can be heard.

As you said yourself, we're a social group. If we're a social group, why do we have status among members then? Why being a "newbie" matters in a social group?

-Jason
    Fire Fighter/EMT-Basic
  12. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    I have to say im not really liking some of these things discussed. i would have liked to have gone to the meeting, but i could not justify me going all that way by myself. but i would like to comment on a few things.

1.no way[face_plain] . i have been part of this group for a long time now, and im not willing to have to pay for it now, or expect anyone else to pay for it. i contribute what i can when i can. as everyone has.

2.im not really sure why we would need this. let alone how the money would be given out or by whom. or who would decide who should get it or not.

3. lets get the council clearly defined first. that includes offices as well as what is needed and/or expected.

4.why? we have had politics and planning stuff at other meetings. its not a big part of every meeting nor do we need to try and make it the soul function of a single meeting. cause we really dont have all that much stuff going on and it would seem silly to waste a meeting on 20 minutes of stuff like that. it need not be the main focus.

5. why?

it sounds like a lot was talked about, but before anything else is decided, we need to get as many people in on it first. lets not push people away in the name of progress.
  13. FenigDurak Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'm in no terms implying that their vote doesn't matter. What I am saying is that as more and more people have been pouring in lately, I have been bombarded with the impression (not to mention very rudely worded PMs) by people who have yet to really learn anyone's names, let alone the dynamic of the group demanding things that it was not their place to demand.

What I am saying is that when someone is brand spankin' new to a well defined group, go ahead and propose your ideas, but don't be put off when those ideas aren't necessarily voted into effect. I've seen a lot of this lately. In a number of groups. Yes, in a lot of ways we have a "old" vs "new" set up. You'll notice that the people falling into the "new" category are the people pushing the hardest to conform the RMFF to their ideals rather than what is best for the group.

Bravo, you're in the "old" category because you have been around a long time. You have attended multiple meetings. You have a better understanding of how the RMFF has worked in the past. The newer people to the group don't have the benefit of that understanding.

I'm all for everyone who attends to put in their vote. What I don't want to see is some asanine rule voted into effect by a group of people who will never attend a meeting again in their lives. We have a large number of memebers like this. It's just the nature of the beast.

My biggest concern is that while we are so vehemently cowtowing to the past perception of veteran RMFFers being standoffish to newer members, we are opening ourselves up to a whole new world of stress and trouble.
  14. FenigDurak Jedi Padawan

star 4
    In addition:

Fan Force FAQ

More importantly:

The idea of requiring a Membership Fee goes against the charter of the Fan Force itself. To paraphrase Padme, "So this is how [the RMFF] dies - with thunderous applause."
  15. Jim_Palso Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Bravo here. You guys are taking this way over board. IT WAS IDEAS. If something was finialized, someone would have said so.

Calm down, take a breath. and relax.
  16. Taeriel Jedi Master

star 5
    First, I totally understand that these are just issues that were brought up and discussed. Since I wasn't able to make the meeting, I'll give my thoughts and opinions here; I assume that is part of the purpose of the thread.

I know this must be starting to sound like a broken record with the opinions stated here so far, but here's my opinion: No way. No dues.

If someone wants an RMFF t-shirt, they can get one. If they want an RMFF ID card, they can get one. But don't make it so they have to. Frankly, I certainly don't want an ID card. I probably don't want a T-shirt. And why should I pay for something I don't want? Setting things up so that members have to pay dues, for things that they don't even want, is assinine.

We do have costs for the group that should be spread out - the webpage, for a main example; various events for another. We do need to make sure those costs are taken care of. But I'm wholly against a requirement that everyone has to put in a certain amount of money in the form of dues.

Again, though I hate to be negative, I am completely against this. As I said above, help people, yes, but this sort of thing is something that should be decided by the individual, on a case-by case basis. Not something decided by committee, or popular vote. Certainly not something that is payed into in advance, when you have no idea where, to who, or for what the money would go to. Plus, all of the issues that Birr brought up.

So no. Frankly, even if the group decides to adopt this, I can tell you right now that I won't participate in this aspect. I'll happily help out friends and even acquaintances when I feel it's appropriate and when I'm able to do so, but that's my decision alone.

3) RMFF Council

Yeah, I think we're all, for the most part, agreeing that this is worth giving a try, and that it needs a lot more discussion to work out how to do it.

I can see how it would be handy to make sure that we discuss the politics/red tape/ect topics twice a year. Just generally have a forum so that people can be sure everything is good, or to revise things that need revision or group discussion. But I don't think we need to restrict such discussion to only those times. And besides... haven't we already been doing this?? Maybe not at the same location, but it's the discussions that are important.

5) A Nod Leader

I have to confess... despite Bravo's explanation... I seriously don't get this. At all. I mean, I read the words, understood the content and all, but... why? What's the motivation here, why do we think we'd need something like this? Where did this come from? I know that sometimes people fall out of touch for a bit, aren't able to keep up every week with what's going on... but that happens. We shouldn't require that people always be totally up to date on everything. If they are, great. If they're not, it's probably either because they have more important concerns or because they don't feel a burning desire to always keep up. Setting up a formal system like this seems a bit extreme.

6) A RMFF Roster

It's been mentioned a couple of times that creating a roster will be a step towards solving some of the issues. Um, could someone please explain this in a bit more detail? What issues is a roster suppose to address?

7) RMFF Welcome Thread

I don't have any real opinion on this one way or the other.

8) Blockbuster

Don't places normally do pre-paid sales anyway, already? I've never checked into that sort of thing, but I'm sure I've heard of it in the past.

Moving right along...

I find that I have to agree with some of what Fenig said.
  17. Taeriel Jedi Master

star 5
    I don't think anyone was saying it was more than ideas, or anything finalized. But as part of the discussion on this, we're giving our opinions on these issues. At least, as far as I know.
  18. Pennsylvania_Yankee Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Bravo here---I know, I have tons of socks. It's a busy RPing night with my RPing socks. Anyways, people are jumping at the gun here and attacking the ideas like they were finialized. Threatening to do this or that. If someone is going to leave on a idea, here's one:

I have an idea to go pee. Does that mean everyone will leave the RMFF now?

Just making a point. That was rude but you get the point. They were ideas, yet people are attacking these ideas like they were already finalized. Fine, post your opnion, but don't threaten anyone with leaving----or I'll threaten everyone that I have to go pee! :p

Like I said, calm down, take a breath, and relax. :)

Yankee
  19. JediDragon Jedi Master

star 5
    I dunno about rude, but a little out of place and immature. People are voicing their opinions on the issues because they want their opinion to be heard. Some of us feel strongly about these issues and will voice our strong opinions against them even if they are still in the idea stage. If we do not voice or strong opinions against these issues, perhaps they will move beyond the idea phase (which obviously we do not want). Your telling people to relax and being condescending is not helping anything. If you want to back up or refute what anyone has said on the issues, feel free. But don't tell us we're jumping the gun by voicing our opinions. I thought it was part of the purpose of the thread.
  20. gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master

star 5
    Bravo, Buddy, I'm not really getting the impression that it is being attacked so much as, as Taeriel is saying, it is an opinion. When I talked to Fenig today and explained what took place in the meeting, she didn't flip out or get upset, she just didn't agree. Same as APR, same as Taeriel, same as me. I am not upset in the slightest, I just think that the idea of dues in this instance is not agreeable to some and it would seem that it doesn't need to take effect to know that one doesn't agree.
    I think we will be working on this discussion for some time and that's ok. I know you said something similar yesterday and I agree, it will take time and perhaps it should to really flesh it out. No hurry for me as long as everyone's game.

Looks like your having some sock fun Jason. Cool! I don't really get the game but I'm a space cadet. 8-}
  21. Bravo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I don't feel rushed at all and sorry if I sounded out of place JD. I thought, my impression, was people were just jumping it too fast. I didn't mean it to be rude or anything.

And by all means this thread is here to discuss it. I just felt that the threats were a bit too strong and were offensive to some of us who came up with these ideas.

But hey, like I said, I'm cool and relaxed. No worries from me.

And like Cory said, as long as everyone is game, I'm cool. :)

Yeah Cory, I've been here for over five years. You kind of develop a sock or two or three or four or five after so many years. :p It allows you to lurk around the boards and not get noticed if your having a bad day or it allows you to post in a game, if you play many like I do, so your View Latest Post Page isn't two pages long for one profile name and your going through the pages trying to find a topic you talked about a few days ago and want to talk more about. It's pretty cool. :)

-Jason
    Fire Fighter/EMT-Basic
  22. arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master

star 5
    If you don't want "new" people voiceing their thoughts on subjects, have more veterans attend to have their voice heard.

A bunch of people that normally go to everything couldnt make it and a few new people showed up. IMO, Not a great time to start discussing all this stuff.
    Seems pretty pushy.

Bravo, I dont think anyones involvement here can be clearly labelled. Some people post, some people go to meetings. But if someone is going to be chiming in on these big decisions, I do think they should have made a place here in some way. You cant just show up and start telling people what to do.

And BTW, "I've been here for over five years" doesnt mean much to me whan you only post in your own threads. (Or events threads, usually to say you arent coming.) It seems your interest has shot through the roof lately.
    Ive "been here" for a while now, I rarely miss an RMFF gathering, and Ive never met you.

I'm not saying thats all bad, just trying to offer some perspective.
  23. BerusBantha Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Here are my OPINIONS on these subjects:
    1. Membership fee: Where I can see why this subject has come up. As some people are constantly putting up money while others are not. I myself asked at the BBQ why there is no membership fee. I liked the answer that this is a social club and therefore people should not be forced to pay their way into it. Plus the main Fanforce is free to all, so as this club is a branch of the fanforce it should be free as well.

I would like to make a suggestion that in leiu of a membership fee we could have a Donation jar at meetings where anyone who wishes could donate money to the club if they so desire.

2. Emergency Pool: While I feel this idea is good hearted and well meant--I don't like it. Who gets to decide where and when the money is to be spent? What constitutes an Emergency? Why should that person get it and not this other person? Do you see this can open a whole can of worms. It should be up to an individual whom or where to spend charity dollars. I don't believe it is this club's purpose to start handing out charity money.

3. RMFF council. I have nothing against this one.

4. General Meeting. This one is OK as well but still may not be neccesary. You are still going to have problems with not everyone always being able to attend. I feel every meeting should be of equal importance.

5. Nod Leader: This one in theory is fine but I feel people will still be left out. Sounds a little cliqueish to me. Not everyone is in a "group" within this group. So unless you put everyone into little "Squadrons", I think a lot of people will still be left out of the loop. Plus I think anything of importance has a thread dedicated to it already. So I don't really see the need.

Please Bravo, take your own advice and cool your heels. No one here has threatened anyone that I can see. Everyone is merely stating their opinions on these ideas. No one is attacking anyone personally for coming up with any of them. I am glad people have come up with them. Obviously not everyone agrees with some of these ideas but that doesn't mean we want the person who came up with the idea to go away or to not suggest other ideas.
  24. nnaydolem Jedi Master

star 6
    Ok here are my takes on some things.

1) Membership Fee---$10 to $15 dollars---gets you a RMFF T-shirt and RMFF ID Card and is good for a whole year

I do not think that anyone should have to 'pay' to be in the group. If there is something someone wants to contribute to, then have at it. It should be on a volunteer basis.

2) Emergency Pool of Money---Money gained from Membership Fee, not used towards T-Shirt or Membership Card---would go here

From my understanding we 'have' a pool of funds. These monies go towards different things. i.e. paying for the website. etc. etc.

3) RMFF Council

This realllly needs to be defined. Chairs, responsibilities. For one, I do not agree with having an online CR and someone who is doing it offline. I feel that it needs to be a CR with a CO-CR...Dividing the responsibilities with the council. I feel it is too confusing and just is going to lead to a place where we do not want to be.

This I hate to admit, I am totally LOST.

5) A Nod Leader

See above #3.

6) A RMFF Roster

We HAVE a roster. Granted it is slightly outdated, i.e. January, but it isn't like we don't have one started. Bravo, if you are willing to take this over...go for it.

7) RMFF Welcome Thread

Forgive me, but don't we already have this thread?

8) Blockbuster

I am not sure about this. I do believe that we are going to be working with the Media Play in Westminster. Sith_Slayer has been doing the research on this one. Here is the thread.

Ok, I will apologize because I do not remember some of the newbs names. I got the meeting a little late and came in on the middle of these discussions. I did get into a quasi-heated argument with one of the new folks.

I am saying this as someone who once was a newb herself and came in all GUNG-HO. Oh you can ask anyone...I was like totally INTO it. I thought, oh we need to do this and that and blah blah blah blah.
    Well after being in the group for sometime now. I have come to realize, when things need to get done, they get done.

GRANTED, it is like any other group. 10% of the people do 100% of the work. However, it is our CHOICE to do that. I do not think you can FORCE anyone to do ANYTHING. First of all this is a social club, group, etc. etc. It is all voluntary. Some people are going to be more involved than others. Sometimes there are different things in people's life?s that prohibit them from being more involved. THAT doesn't mean that the 'group' should exclude them or penalize someone for that.

I have nothing against organization, not in the least bit. This group, has really come together when it is needed. Look at the past year and see what has been accomplished.

-X-Wing & all that it entailed
    -WOTR Halloween event
    -Charity Premiere
    -Midnight Showing
    -C3
    -Starfest

The list goes on and on. YES, some of those events & projects where pulled off by certain individuals. However, it was those individuals choice. Yes, it was my choice to go to Starfest and represent the RMFF. I was sick & exhausted, but still my choice to go.

I think that my point is...this is a volunteer group. We do need a little organization from time to time. However, to force dues or mandatory meeting attendance. I do not feel as if this would be the best course for us. I feel it is going to push people away.

Granted I am writing all of this after very little sleep, so if it is jumbled I apologize. IF you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me.
  25. Bravo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    For some reason people think I'm mad or something. I'm not. My heels are cooled. I'm not angry or anything...I wonder where people think I'm being unreasonable? :confused:

Anyways... :p

And BTW, "I've been here for over five years" doesnt mean much to me whan you only post in your own threads. (Or events threads, usually to say you arent coming.) It seems your interest has shot through the roof lately.
    Ive "been here" for a while now, I rarely miss an RMFF gathering, and Ive never met you.

Have my life and you would understand. Just because I post in my journal and hardly no where else doesn't mean I don't have a interest in the group. I didn't have good transportation until my good friend Donovan got a car; my vehicle is for the Fire House, work, and emergencies, since it can fall apart any minute.

I don't have lots of time to post more in the RMFF then I do now. I told Cory that, Tim that, Jeff that...everyone that had ears in the meeting knew that at the meeting. My off-time isn't spent having fun, it's spent at the Fire House or doing side-jobs.

And again... :p 8-}

-Jason
    Fire Fighter/EMT-Basic
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.