September Metting---Things that were discussed

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Bravo, Sep 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    You people are all funny.

FUH-HUH-HUNNY.

Can somebody just kill this thread? The only intelligent conversation going on is just re-stating the issues, which we've got like, 40 other threads for that, and they're all going nowhere, too.
  2. Sith_Slayer Force Ghost

star 6
    (insert dead horse here)

First off Bravo, I?d suggest caution with your most recent line of reasoning. Telling people to ?shut up? will not assuage the already tense situation.

I?ll agree that this thread got off track & digressed into the realm of personal attacks as opposed to mere discussion.

The intent was never to ?shoot the messenger?, although I concede that some of the responses may be interpreted as such.

That having been said, for those of us that were not able to attend the meeting, our position is not grounded in ?bashing?, but frustration.

Our concern was that certain ideas, which we believed resolved (dues, etc.) apparently made up the bulk of the meeting. Whereas other topics (upcoming events) that we deemed to be ?more? relevant were glossed over or completely ignored.

As far as a bunch of people who weren't at the meeting telling us how things should be according to them and acting like they know everything and those of us at the meeting are all evil for not waiting for them to be at the meeting. goes, this should also be qualified as frustration as well.

Those of us who were unable to attend DO NOT in any way feel that those that were able to are ?Evil??well?.except for S__C & DH, but that goes without saying.

The purpose of RMFF meetings is two-fold:

Official business
    Have fun/Be social

There were VALID pieces of business that were not addressed, hence those of us that were not in attendance were frustrated. These issues/events/etc. have been on the table for MANY MONTHS, and the fact that they weren?t addressed at the meeting is disappointing to say the least.

Now, that?s not to say that we belittle the topics that were discussed, however there were CLEARLY relevant topics that were overlooked. Hence, frustration?

This all comes back to organization, or lack thereof, and the fact that the meeting didn?t have any ?formal? leadership (again, not to discount/discredit those folks in attendance who did their best to step up)

Also, I failed to acknowledge/recognize the attendance of several newbies at the meeting. I?m sorry that I didn?t get the chance to meet them face to face, AND that the meeting apparently ventured down a path that might not have been the most conducive to productivity and/or fun.
  3. gra-co_o_hun Force Ghost

star 5
    Well Said My Massssssster.

I walked away wondering why we didn't discuss any events at all with some really close to being here. I really felt like listening at this meeting and so I did. However, discussions can be quite lengthy when they get steam and perhaps it took on too much of a life. Now it's just the monster I want to vanquish. (leans over with hand close to mouth, "Dude, I can drive just like Steve McQueen") :p
    But seriously folks... wow there is soooooo much anguish here. makes me sad. :(
    Though I do believe this will get worked out, at some point but this thread isn't helping anymore.
    IMO, I think the Objections Thread was a bit of a sharp stick poked at the group to ignite debate about the group but I think it could have been presented better, as a way to encourage debate and not to shock everybody. Just a thought.
  4. Sarnia WOTR Liaison

star 5
    after reading through all of this as I couldn't make the meeting due to RL I really have nothing to say

am speechless

but thanks to Bravo for posting the meeting minutes

and I would like to agree with Zoo, S_S, and O_W and say lets put some energy into making sure we are ready for the next month and a half as we have lots of great schtuff to accomplish!!!!
  5. SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR

star 7
    I guess I need to apologize for not keeping a level head & making sure things were covered, but I was so upset that I said my few words, which never were heard for several reasons & then I stormed off.

And I?m sorry I keep beating the dead horse but some issues are not represented correctly.

I did try to bring the meeting to order, I did try to find out what the RMFF was doing wrong for people to think changes were in order, which also I never got a straight answer or one that satisfied me.

I also tried to bring up the upcoming events & see who wanted to volunteer for what & got "ZIP!" in response, so that is another reason I got upset. Don't tell me I'm doing something wrong, then when I ask how can it be improved or done better get little to no response, because guess what, I'm going to go about WOTR, Mile Hi & DVD release the same way I have every other thing I've done with the RMFF. I will be there & pay for whatever comes up because it needs to be done.

One thing I would like to bring up is that Bravo keeps saying ?we? (who were at the meeting) like we agreed on everything, uhmmmm do you remember the ?meeting? part?
    Well here are a few words from me and what I remember from the meeting: I?m sorry for the way I behaved & that I stormed off, & I apologized to each & every one of you for it. I?m truly sorry to each & everyone of you for not pulling myself together & getting things done that needed to be done but I started the meeting in a bad mood & then madness ensued.

I don?t remember anyone besides Tim & Mel thanking me & Jeff for paying for bowling?

Someone skipped on paying for their food, which I?m ashamed of (why, I didn?t do it?) and the waiter kept coming up to me & Jeff to find out if we knew that person & I had to lie to him which I don?t think we should have been put in that position.

When I asked Sithis what costume did he want help with or what was he talking about us (the RMFF) helping new members with. He wanted a VADER, I told him ?yeah, right dream on!? Now my question is do you want my 1st born too?

The Blockbuster thing that keeps being brought up it went like this: Bravo (Jason) works for them down South (and mentioned at the last meeting we could do it there or whatever), I told him our event is up North but maybe he could talk to whomever to see if Blockbuster wants to do presale at the WOTR event since it?s so close to the release and hand out coupons as ?treats? to the kiddies. Then talk of the video game & what not came up, I was eating & stopped listening after that. This was not during the ?meeting? part, just general talk after the yelling was over with.

Besides the childish behavior that went on that Jeff & Mel had to beg them to stop, we were in public after all. So several people that wanted ?rules? would be the most likely to break them I?m sure. (just an observation on my part).

I only stayed to make sure the B-Day girl got home safely. Not saying none of it was fun, but that was like a Twighlight Zone or Creepshow episode to me, not a normal meeting in any sense of the word.

K, now the thread can die.
  6. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    AND for that I DO thank you...the meeting part wasn't so great, ok it was dreadful.

However the rest of it was fun, though slighty distrubing. ;) SC-I will always remember Buffy's Andrew & Jonathan!
  7. SkyeLightrider Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well I thought the meeting was... weird.

I understood the need for the meeting, though as a complete newbie I was shocked a little. People were yelling at each other and I was perturbed. I did say some things, mostly because I was asked. I said what worked for other groups but in no way said "the RMFF should do this." Most of the meeting I was quiet, except for the end where I simply asked one question:

Why should a new person join the RMFF?

Now of course I believe I will join, because I really enjoyed the meeting after the meeting (if that makes sense). I got to talk to a bunch of people and learn a bunch about them, and I had a lot of fun. I think that's what the RMFF meetings should be about. Yeah the group has some issues to work out and as a newbie I'm more inclined to let the older persons figure that out. I know I am not one of the newbs who comes in demanding change. As many have said, I need to know how the group works now before I try to change anything. Though from what limited knowledge I have seen I don't really see a need for change. The group works well, when it isn't arguing.

So I thought the meeting was great and I fervently hope to make the next one. I also hope (school willing) that I can help at some of the events. I really want to help out the RMFF. :p You guys didn't scare me away! :p

Plus this will give me more opportunity to do something stupid again... like get my finger stuck in a lightsaber hilt :p
  8. Darkmood Jedi Master

star 4
    HOLY CRAP!:eek: :eek:

This place is starting to sound like a Stormtrooper Helmet thread on the RPF! And that is VERY impressive. (I'm sure when Josh A. reads that he will laugh)

And trust me....to be like the RPF is NOT a good thing! While it is a site filled with mostly useful information the politics there are OUT OF CONTROL!

I have read through this entire thread and see pretty much nothing useful except for about 5 posts.

Now I know I am not always one to stay calm in situations but DAMN! This crap is getting outta hand.

No I wasn't at the meeting, does this automatically mean I'm going to get attacked and insulted? WOO! Bring it! (This statement was made to show how utterly pointless this tread has gotten)
    And on the meeting note: Let's see.......go to meeting after all the drama as of late and open my mouth in a situation where something very bad will come out or go to NDK for FREE and have a blast with some good friends? Which would you pick.

And on another note: I've gotten over all the issues I ever had with the FF in regards to getting treated badly. But I will say this: This thread probably ain't doing a good job of attracting new members.;)

Not EVERYONE is going to attend EVERY meeting, so if you think attending one makes you special you got another thing coming.
    As for right now, I think I will just stick with the parts of this group that are still fun and cool; and also with my friends from other groups. So I guess you could say that I don't really give a crap. I'm removing myself from the bad stuff and sticking with the good. I'll be at the WOTR thing but I ain't going to attend another meeting until this crap stops! Consider it a kind of boycott if you wish. I'll socialize with members but again, I ain't going to no freaking meeting that has no point.
  9. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
    I agree with a lot of what has been said here, but I like what Taeriel said the most.
    "Well built, yet slender." :D

SS, I thought svelt was a fish. No?
    And "lithe" sounds evil. [face_devil]

Hmmmmmm.... Darth Lithe.

Not bad! LOL

So what now?
    Do we start a poll thread for each topic that is up for discussion? Maybe have an "in person" vote at the next meeting along with the online polls so everyone gets a chance to vote?

Personally, I think the first thing we should decide is about the council. It SEEMS like most people agree with the idea of delegating RMFF duties, so I dont think we need to vote on whether or not we will have a council, we only need to pick postions and people to fill them.

Is that right?
  10. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    I think that it has been tossed about on what postions to have. I have to admit, I am not really clear on what postions are being 'voted' on or whatever. You know what I mean.
  11. mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA

star 4
    (I still like Zoo's Streamlined....) [face_laugh]
  12. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    Check this thread out for the council.
  13. Sith_Slayer Force Ghost

star 6
    From the Council Positions thread :

14. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    Thanks, I had already actually gotten that.
  15. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
    seems like a long list. It all makes sense, but... thats a lot of titles.
  16. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    Your mom has a lot of titles. Sorry I couldn't resist. ;)
  17. ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Sorry... But I happen to like words... I read them all the time, and I write them almost as often... Kind of an obsession with me [face_devil]
  18. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
    no, YOUR mom has a lot of titles!!!

Wait.....
    What the hell does that mean? LOL

eh, anyway -

Your mom!
  19. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    Actually, that is as good as it gets right now.
  20. BFett88 Force Ghost

star 4
    Would anyone like a cookie?
  21. SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR

star 7
    I on the other hand didn't read a word of it :p But I know I'm not going to like most of it & will want to change the majority of it ;)
  22. BFett88 Force Ghost

star 4
    Only if Zorro would have been at the meeting.

This is what Zorro would have said.

Zorro:

? Whatz iz upz withz allz z talkz aboutz z duez, Wez zhould notz havez duez?

Then he would say

Zorro:

?Iz amz Zorro!!!!?

Then he would run around in circles until he passes out.

That is what would of happened if Zorro was there.
  23. Sith_Slayer Force Ghost

star 6

Apart from the new additions of President and Rotating Member, we've had the others in place for some time. So, apart from coalescing into a formal Council, we're not really expanding too much upon the status quo.
  24. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
    I never thought we needed a Co-CR.
    Of course, Ive never been CR so I dont know if you need a "Co" to help, but....

thats why we're talking about it. :)

BTW, I already posted in the "Council postions" thread. Maybe taking our constructive discussion to that thread is a good way to let this one die.
  25. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    THANKS a lot Josh...I did help a little. :(
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.