main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO September/October 2006 Meeting?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Zoom_Cthooga, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    It's that time of the year again -- we actually have to have a meeting. :eek:

The last meeting thread we have is from May 2006. Has it really been that long? I'm sure we've had a meeting since then, but I can't recall going to any.

Wanna try having a meeting sometime this month, or stick to the first weekend of every month and wait til October?

2. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    hhhm. Well, maybe october is more doable. I dont know. Whatever everyone else thinks.

Say..Didnt our CR move to Denver? o_O

3. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    I think he did. Didn't he? We traded you for him? I think we got the better end of the deal. ;)

Should we have the meeting on October 1st, or the next weekend after on October 7th or 8th?

Don't everyone speak up all at once.

4. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    I'm not going to have an opinion on the day because I probably won't be able to make it anyway. From here until Dec. I have almost every weekend booked with either craft shows or family stuff. I'll just have to wait and see if we can make it. About the best I can do is call you all up during the meeting and say hello. Hmmm...Maybe we should do a phone conference meeting sometime... ;)

5. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Hm. We don't have conferencing on our phone. :(

Too bad we don't have a place online where we can voice our opinions.

6. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    anyone come up with anything for the meeting yet?

7. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Does the meeting have to be public? Most neat places will be flooded by football fans on the weekend.

Can Sarah still only make Sunday meetings?

Do we still have any members left?

Does anyone have any projects they're working on? It's been...over a year since we did any costuming. We need to get people moving again.

Chico and Tasha have something on the 7th. I have something on the 8th. The 28-29th are MHC.

What about October 1st? It conforms to our 1st weekend of the month, it's a Sunday, so Sarah might be able to make it, and so far as I know there's nothing planned.

8. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    feel free to take the lead on this josh. and no it does not have to be a public palce.

9. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    October 1st it is, then.

Any preference on time? Do we have any issues (other than the obvious...haha *snort*)?

We need a new CR to end Zac's year-long reign of terror. Maybe "terror" is too strong of a word. "Mild bewilderment" might describe it better. Any takers?

10. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    OK, here's an idea. We just got a new geek shop in town -- let's meet there.

Where: Otaku Gamer
    When: Sunday, October 1, 2006 @ 2pm.

The Otaku Gamer is located on 6th Street, near Midtown, right in-between the glass shop and McDonald's. It's hard to miss any of those, but do I need to post directions?

And if we have too many people (haha, that's funny), we can easily relocate to IHOP or something, or even crash McDonald's.

11. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    wow. thats just a stones throw away from my job!

i will be there!!!

12. RavLoc_Vos

RavLoc_Vos Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    Hey All,

I will be there. For those who are going you may want to jot down some questions for the meeting so we all don't stand around. The classic " Ok now what". As far as costuming I am always up to do something as long as I think we can finish it and not go broke in the process. So I will see ya all Sunday.[face_peace]

Later days...

13. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    In that case, we may as well get the formalities out of the way before the meeting on Sunday, and just go straight to asking...

OK. Now what?

At the moment, I just have a few projects that have been laying around (since last year) that I'm going to try finishing before April 2007. Some of us may or may not be going to C4 -- it's all a question of how the events at the beginning of the year play out.

Does anybody want help with anything?

I have a helmet I can hand over to Mac to start sanding down so we can finish something we started last year. I contemplated bringing the rancor out of hibernation to finish as a group project, but the more I think about it, the more I'm sure we don't want to open that can of...worms? Mynocks? Ysalamaris?

14. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Well now... since so much consideration was taken for me in the planning of this event I may just need to come :D

15. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    OK. just in case anyone doesn't know how to find the Otaku Gamer, it's next door to the glass shop. I forget the name of the glass shop, but the address is:

720 W. 6th
    Pueblo, CO 81003

You can Mapquest it from there.

16. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    so for the CR, i nominate Zoom!

17. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    heh, I won't tell him until we get there. :D

We're running a little late, as usual.

18. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    oh for crying out loud!!! i thought this was next weekend! :oops:

19. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    ROFLMAO.

That's OK. The meeting consisted of Isabel making me buy Pokemon cards, we learned how to play, and now she's hooked on the game.

Sarah showed up around 3pm. And from there her and Rachel went off to do their own thing. Sarah and Jenny are still over our place if anyone wants to make a banzai run over here.

20. RavLoc_Vos

RavLoc_Vos Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    Hey All,

Sorry I couldn't make it. We were in the middle of practice for WOTR. So was anything decided as far as the group in general? CR? Anything? Let me know.

Later days...

21. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    We elected Gary Coleman as the new CR.

That's about it.

22. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    well beside gary coleman and josh, if no one else is running i think josh takes it by default. we cna give it a few more days if we want.

23. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Gary's got my vote, yo.

24. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    im sorry, but he does need an active account to get the job.

25. gcoleman69

gcoleman69 Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2006
    Whattup suckas! Everyone knows I be down with the Star Trek action. I love that Starbuck chick -- she be da sizzle! OWWWW. Anyways, I'll be happy to be your CR. What does that stand for, anyway? Cudge Rump? Critter Rustler? Cramp Rubber?

It was great meeting everyone at the last meeting. I'm not even sure why I was there in the first place.