main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass September / October meet

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthLucanas, Sep 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    So guys now that Labor Day is over and people are back to school , we should start planning to resume meets again.

We do have the Wizard World Boston con coming up.

What other ideas are there for us to do for our next meet.

2. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I am up for Wizard World. Oct we could do a Halloween thing. I thought about having a cookout/gathering but I live Shrewsbury which may be too far away for people. Plus there is always the SW exhibit at the Museum of Science as well. But that is from Oct to April so plenty of time for that.

Does anyone like to bowl? We could do that at a place that does cosmic, which is bowling with all the lights off where they use black lights, strobes, fog machines, lazer lights, neon, etc. It is pretty cool the one right down the street from me has it or they did have who knows if they do any more or not. lol

What about a game night/day or something?

J

3. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    I though it might have been cool to have a joint meet/Halloween party at the end of the month. Not really sure how feasible that is though.

4. hitmbig

hitmbig Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 6, 2004
    Shrewsbury is not far from me as I live in wonderful Worcester.

5. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Cool to see you are from Worcester. I am about a hop skip and a jump away on Route 9. lol

6. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I have a question. Is there any one going to Wizard World next weekend and will this be a meet? I was wanting to go and meet up with people from the group. I had a great time at Chris's cookout during Labor day weekend. That was fun and I wanted to meet more people and have fun with those that I have already met.

7. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Well it has been very quiet now and I am hoping we can all get together soon.

I am only available Saturday the October 15th,Sunday the 16th, and Saturday Oct 22nd.

I wouldn't mind hosting the meet at my place or if someone else has another idea let me know. :)

8. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I have to work nights 6:00 pm to 7am on the 15th and 22nd. So that leaves both of them out for me. The 16th wouldn't be bad I think Jeffbacca over at the Rhode group was talking about King Richard's Faire. But they might do something different down there who knows. I know the 23rd I will be at the MOS for the Premire of the SW exhibit for members so that is out for me. Who knows maybe Nov might be the best for a meet. lol

Jorge

9. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Hey Jorge!! :)

The 23rd I have a christening to go to where I am going to be a godfather and the weekend of Halloween I am going to a con in New Jersey.

We will be organizing a SW Museum of Science meet and also the DVD release of ROTS is Nov.1st.

Hope to hear from more of you all soon

10. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Early Congrats on being a Godfather. That should be fun for you.

I saw the posting about the NJ con. That seems pretty cool. I am debating about going but not sure if it will be possible or not. I know I don't have any more time off from the day job, but I could get Friday night off to travel down. I will have to think about that one.

The MOS thing should be cool. I know I am going back the weekend before Thanksgiving. My brother and mother are supposed to be out that weekend. My brother and I will probably go to that as well as Super Mega fest. Depending on when we get tix for MOS we might hit both on the same day. Else we would go to Mega fest on Sunday. I am still up in the air about what to do for the DVD release I will probably go somewhere that will have the best exclusive stuff. Then hit Wally World in the morning for their exclusive fig packs like they had for the OTC dvd.

J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.