main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo September, October, November

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by navaren, Aug 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. navaren

navaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    Because you've asked for it....(perhaps not, but you get the idea) here's the breakdown of activities for the next three months. Look for information on the first September acitivity to be posted at the top of the board.

September 14: Costuming for cheap! or How to make that costume you want out of duct tape and popsicle sticks. This activity will be held at my house (99 N. 750 W., Orem) beginning at 7:00 pm. I felt this would have value as we've got Halloween coming up as well as the DVD release of Attack of the Clones. I'll be gleaning the best (and cheapest) costuming suggestions off the web, but if you've got a costume underway, please bring it with you.

September 28: Joint activity with the SLC Chapter. This is a surprise activity, so come prepared for possible wackiness. This activity will be held at my house (see above for address) beginning at 2:00 pm.

October 31: The Halloween Party! I'm thinking a Mos Eisley theme would work out well...nothing like a wretched hive of scum and villany to ring in Halloween! This will also be taking place at my home, and all are invited to come out in costume and enjoy! I ask that each attendee contribute a bag of candy as I suspect we're going to have a good number of little trick or treaters.

November 12: Attack of the Clones DVD release. I will be contacting the management at the Orem Media Play to see if we can coordinate some kind of event. Details on this one will be forthcoming.

As always....any questions, please post them here.

2. LaurenFett

LaurenFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    Does anyone from the BYU area plan on driving/taking the bus to Navaren's house? I'd prefer not to travel alone!

3. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Cool! I got my driver's license, so I'll be able to make it to more activities ;D
    Theoretically, anyways...

Sounds cool, though!

4. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    Why must you be so ontop of things? *throws hands in the air and storms off*

5. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    ::looks confused:: Who, me? ;)

I'd just chalk it up to a freak of nature....I don't know if I'll be this organized again until after the first of the year.

6. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    I believe the 501st is already doing costume appearance at Orem Media Play. You may want to contact someone to see what's going on with that (it would be silly to have to groups arrive seperately and interefere with each other)

Hmmm... I need to do some planning for the body part of my bounty hunter costume... the helmet is still in sculpting stage, and will take a while to complete.
    The problem is that I really have no materials to work with for my plans, I'll have to come up with something eventually. I should work out some better sketches so I can show you guys and see if you have any suggestions.

This is like the first post I've made in a month or so. Wierd.

Adam

P.S. Marold, how did you get to be blue?

7. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I'm not the new Salt Lake City Rep. :D

I have some Jango and Boba Fett Pictures, did you want me to bring those?

8. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    I'll talk with Allen and see if there's anything going on. I will also contact that Media Play management...after all, it never hurts to cover your bases.

9. Tori_Dakk

Tori_Dakk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2002
    I've got my Halloween costume! I love it.

:)

10. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I've got mine, too. I'm going as Alternate-Universe Padme, 'cause I'm blonde. :D Though I'm not entirely certain about how modest my costume is. There's more on mine than on Natalie Portman's, but . . . I wish I had a feather-cape. Or I'll just go as a Jedi again.

Dana

11. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Guys,

I do believe that Allen and his crew(The Alpine Garrison of the 501st Legion) will be at the Brickyard Plaza Media Play in Salt Lake City like they were last year.

Navaren, you'll want to talk to the Video Department manager at Media Play in Orem. They were GREAT to work with last year.

Have fun,

12. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    Thanks for that tip on the video department manager, Mike.

13. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Can some of the Salt Lake people come to the costuming thing this weekend? I know a few of them have some questions on costumes.

14. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]Like me[/color]

15. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    Absolutely. Anyone is welcome- just bring your costuming projects and questions.

16. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    What if we have neither projects nor questions?

Can we still come? ;P

17. LaurenFett

LaurenFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    Again, I have to ask if anyone near BYU campus is going to the meeting Saturday, and if they'd like to give me a ride or ride the bus with me! I don't know my way around Utah, and I only own a bike, so I need some help getting there on Saturday!

Lauren

18. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    Everyone is welcome- please come!
    Lauren, I'll come get you.

19. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I'll already be down that way, I can pick you up Lauren and I'll bring Trisha too if she's planning on going, and anyone else who thinks they can fit in my bug. :D

20. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Would it be possible for me to get a ride with someone?

Dana

21. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Are you in Provo? if you can fit I'd gladly take you. I can fit 5 maybe.

22. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Yep, I'm in Provo. This is for this Saturday? Or is it the 28th? Just wondering, 'cause I need rides for both. :)

Dana

23. Tori_Dakk

Tori_Dakk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2002
    SORRY, I can't make the meeting this weekend. My roommates and I have something that needs to be taken care of *pushes dead body into the bathroom* but I do intend on joining you for the SLC and ours combined activity. Yes! yes! YES!

24. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    PM me your addresses and I'll make sure I get there. a phone number would be nice too so that way I can call if I get lost.

25. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    Just remember, Trish: Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.