Provo September, October, November

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by navaren, Aug 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. navaren Jedi Knight

star 3
    Because you've asked for it....(perhaps not, but you get the idea) here's the breakdown of activities for the next three months. Look for information on the first September acitivity to be posted at the top of the board.

September 14: Costuming for cheap! or How to make that costume you want out of duct tape and popsicle sticks. This activity will be held at my house (99 N. 750 W., Orem) beginning at 7:00 pm. I felt this would have value as we've got Halloween coming up as well as the DVD release of Attack of the Clones. I'll be gleaning the best (and cheapest) costuming suggestions off the web, but if you've got a costume underway, please bring it with you.

September 28: Joint activity with the SLC Chapter. This is a surprise activity, so come prepared for possible wackiness. This activity will be held at my house (see above for address) beginning at 2:00 pm.

October 31: The Halloween Party! I'm thinking a Mos Eisley theme would work out well...nothing like a wretched hive of scum and villany to ring in Halloween! This will also be taking place at my home, and all are invited to come out in costume and enjoy! I ask that each attendee contribute a bag of candy as I suspect we're going to have a good number of little trick or treaters.

November 12: Attack of the Clones DVD release. I will be contacting the management at the Orem Media Play to see if we can coordinate some kind of event. Details on this one will be forthcoming.

As always....any questions, please post them here.
  2. LaurenFett Jedi Knight

star 1
    Does anyone from the BYU area plan on driving/taking the bus to Navaren's house? I'd prefer not to travel alone!
  3. andakin Jedi Master

star 4
    Cool! I got my driver's license, so I'll be able to make it to more activities ;D
    Theoretically, anyways...

Sounds cool, though!
  4. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Why must you be so ontop of things? *throws hands in the air and storms off*
  5. navaren Jedi Knight

star 3
    ::looks confused:: Who, me? ;)

I'd just chalk it up to a freak of nature....I don't know if I'll be this organized again until after the first of the year.
  6. spoo Jedi Master

star 4
    I believe the 501st is already doing costume appearance at Orem Media Play. You may want to contact someone to see what's going on with that (it would be silly to have to groups arrive seperately and interefere with each other)

Hmmm... I need to do some planning for the body part of my bounty hunter costume... the helmet is still in sculpting stage, and will take a while to complete.
    The problem is that I really have no materials to work with for my plans, I'll have to come up with something eventually. I should work out some better sketches so I can show you guys and see if you have any suggestions.

This is like the first post I've made in a month or so. Wierd.

Adam

P.S. Marold, how did you get to be blue?
  7. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm not the new Salt Lake City Rep. :D

I have some Jango and Boba Fett Pictures, did you want me to bring those?
  8. navaren Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'll talk with Allen and see if there's anything going on. I will also contact that Media Play management...after all, it never hurts to cover your bases.
  9. Tori_Dakk Jedi Knight

star 2
    I've got my Halloween costume! I love it.

:)
  10. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I've got mine, too. I'm going as Alternate-Universe Padme, 'cause I'm blonde. :D Though I'm not entirely certain about how modest my costume is. There's more on mine than on Natalie Portman's, but . . . I wish I had a feather-cape. Or I'll just go as a Jedi again.

Dana
  11. Handyman Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings Guys,

I do believe that Allen and his crew(The Alpine Garrison of the 501st Legion) will be at the Brickyard Plaza Media Play in Salt Lake City like they were last year.

Navaren, you'll want to talk to the Video Department manager at Media Play in Orem. They were GREAT to work with last year.

Have fun,
  12. navaren Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thanks for that tip on the video department manager, Mike.
  13. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Can some of the Salt Lake people come to the costuming thing this weekend? I know a few of them have some questions on costumes.
  14. merlin Force Ghost

star 4
    [color=663300]Like me[/color]
  15. navaren Jedi Knight

star 3
    Absolutely. Anyone is welcome- just bring your costuming projects and questions.
  16. andakin Jedi Master

star 4
    What if we have neither projects nor questions?

Can we still come? ;P
  17. LaurenFett Jedi Knight

star 1
    Again, I have to ask if anyone near BYU campus is going to the meeting Saturday, and if they'd like to give me a ride or ride the bus with me! I don't know my way around Utah, and I only own a bike, so I need some help getting there on Saturday!

Lauren
  18. navaren Jedi Knight

star 3
    Everyone is welcome- please come!
    Lauren, I'll come get you.
  19. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'll already be down that way, I can pick you up Lauren and I'll bring Trisha too if she's planning on going, and anyone else who thinks they can fit in my bug. :D
  20. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Would it be possible for me to get a ride with someone?

Dana
  21. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Are you in Provo? if you can fit I'd gladly take you. I can fit 5 maybe.
  22. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Yep, I'm in Provo. This is for this Saturday? Or is it the 28th? Just wondering, 'cause I need rides for both. :)

Dana
  23. Tori_Dakk Jedi Knight

star 2
    SORRY, I can't make the meeting this weekend. My roommates and I have something that needs to be taken care of *pushes dead body into the bathroom* but I do intend on joining you for the SLC and ours combined activity. Yes! yes! YES!
  24. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    PM me your addresses and I'll make sure I get there. a phone number would be nice too so that way I can call if I get lost.
  25. navaren Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just remember, Trish: Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies. ;)
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.