main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo September, October, November

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by navaren, Aug 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaurenFett

LaurenFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    THANK YOU SO MUCH MAROLD! *Does a little dance*

2. Tori_Dakk

Tori_Dakk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2002
    Navaren,
    LOL! That's soo true. j/k!

:) I hope you all have tons and tons of fun this Saturday.

I've seen Adam a few times on campus. I wonder if he's going.

3. Marna_Veign

Marna_Veign Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    I've been busy lately, and I've had problems with my back. If I can make it to any, I will come. And James too, of course.

Sheryl

4. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]If anyone has an opened Imperial Blaster toy, could you please bring it with you to the Costume Night? I need to trace the handle out for a Blaster I am making. thanks! :D[/color]

5. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Merlin,

I happen to personally have 10 of the Hasbro Imperial blasters and would be happy to bring one if I were currently in Utah. ;)

Here's something that may help you out...

StudioCreations has a tutorial on how to make a metal E-11 Stormtrooper blaster from hardware store parts. They also happen to have a great Template with dimmensions for making the handle.

Anyone else interested in costume making can check out their other tutorials HERE.

Hope this helps,

6. merlin

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]Handyman, thanks. ;) That tutorial was the place I got the idea from to trace a blaster's handle. :p now if only they'll get around to making the SnowTrooper howto, I'll be happy. :D[/color]

7. LaurenFett

Mar 12, 2002
    See y'all tonight! Yeehah!

8. merlin

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]Well, I'm comin. Tiffany if you see a guy walkin around yer neighborhood with a "Hardcore" shirt on. that's me. ;)[/color]

9. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Sorry I couldn't make it...

I was delayed ;P

Actually, my band had a gig, then I had to babysit. Maybe next time!

10. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I was wondering if it would be at all remotely possible to maybe move the Halloween party back or forward a day, so I can attend? I really, really, really want to go, but I work on Halloween. :(

Dana

11. Tori_Dakk

Tori_Dakk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2002
    Hey! for the next activity Sept. 27th, I'm taking the bus (for free!) to Tiff's house anyone wanna join me?

:)

Oh for the Halloween Party, I'm in favor of moving either one day early or after. :)

12. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    It's on the 28, cause if it was the 27 I couldn't make it.

13. navaren

navaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    Dantana, I was hoping to have the Halloween party in such a way that we could have other people from the neighborhood attend. We can put it to a vote, though.

14. LaurenFett

Mar 12, 2002
    I just found out that our ward is having a halloween gig on halloween. So...I might have to pass if it's on the 31st. Is there a possibility of having it the weekend before? That sounds the most reasonable for all college students involved, plus those who work during the week. Then again, it's not my house, is it?

15. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    I think it's pretty silly to have a halloween party on any day other than halloween. But my opinion doesn't really count, as I won't be coming.

16. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Guys,

Plenty of people have Halloween parties on dates other than the 31st. Often times Halloween falls on an inconvenient night of the week or people have other commitments like taking their kids out Trick-Or-Treating. The Seattle Star Wars Society is having their well-known, annual Halloween Party on Saturday, October 26.

What Navaren is proposing is having the party on Halloween night in order to greet the neighborhood kids who come by Trick-Or-Treating. I've been doing this myself since Halloween 1999. Believe me, the look of excitement in the faces of the kids and their parents is well worth getting together for on that night! :D

You can see photos of the last three years here...Perhaps this date dilema can be solved by having a seperate Star Wars Themed Costume party for just the members of the Provo Fanforce on one date AND the Halloween event at Navaren's home on Halloween night. Of course, this is going to take a bit more work and planning, but I think it could be worth it. The one thing I have regretted about the Halloween gatherings I've had over the last three years is that there wasn't really much time to interact with each other or play games together. Maybe a seperate party is a good idea?

Of course in order to pull something like this off would require some participation from the group. You can't leave everything to Navaren. ;)

Navaren, what do you think? Anyone else have any thoughts?

Just trying to help,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.