main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

September or October Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Jedi_Master_Kel, Sep 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Green_Ranger

The_Green_Ranger Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    Q, can you PM me the directions just in case I can come? thanks

2. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    OK - so here are the final details, more or less:

What: [face_pumpkin] Star Wars Pumpkin Carving Party [face_pumpkin]
    Where: Kevin G.'s home (directions will be PM'ed)
    When: Sunday, Oct. 16 at 4:30pm (though anytime after 4pm is fine)
    Supplies: Pumpkin, pattern(s), carving tools, old newspapers or trash bags to try and keep the mess easy for clean up

When Kev PM's me his directions, I'll make a copy and send them out on the mailing list also, along with the meeting announcement. Kev says it's fine to show up at 4pm or after, though I probably will be closer to 4:30pm. I plan to pick up my pumpkin on Saturday evening. If anybody needs me to pick one up for them, let me know and I'll do it. The place I go is usually $5 a pumpkin. If you pick up your own, keep in mind that the patterns are gonna print out on 8.5 x 11 paper, so you'll want an area on your pumpkin face roughly that size, though the actual pattern may be a bit smaller. You'll want something that is kind of egg-shaped, with a more vertical shape to it. Short, squat, tomato-shaped pumpkins won't work. Like I mentioned, I'll bring the one set of carving tools I have, but you can get some at the $1 store. More than one set will make things a bit quicker. We will probably still want a good old-fashioned knife for carving the lid so we can scoop out the guts, but smaller carving tools will be pretty necessary for some of the more precise cuts these patterns have.

I know we got some new guys out there and I hope you can make it also. It's always nice to meet new fans. If you have any friends you think would enjoy this, feel free to invite them. Looking forward to seeing everybody! [face_pumpkin]

3. Q_of_the_Continuum

Q_of_the_Continuum Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2003
    Dalton and Ranger, I sent you both a PM. Did you get them? It was late last night and the website was giving me problems so I just want to make sure they went thru. Let me know either way. Thanks.

4. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I didn't get one Kev. You can email me at goheels@hotmail.com if you'd rather.

5. Q_of_the_Continuum

Jul 14, 2003
    Okay, I sent another one and got the confirmation so you should have a PM now. :)

6. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    Did I get left out? Kev, I don't know where you live either.

Dalton, do you want to ride together?

7. The_Green_Ranger

Nov 18, 2004
    how did the meeting go? Any new members show up?

8. Q_of_the_Continuum

Jul 14, 2003
    Meeting was good. It was just me, Kel and Dal. We didn't finish with the pumkins but at least we got started. Had a good dinner though. :) Wish you could have come, Rob. Hopefully, I can come to the next one wherever it will be.

9. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    The meeting went great! Unfortunately we didn't get to meet any of the new folks, though meeting KG's family was a blast! Kevin's mom hooked us up with an awesome spaghetti dinner and tons of snacks. We did our pumpkins out on the deck, though we didn't get finished with them at the meeting because we all wanted to eat. KG was working on a Mr. Worf and I did a Darth Maul. I did finish mine Monday afternoon and it turned out pretty well. I'll post a pic in a day or two. I think KG's will turn out awesome! His Worf was a pretty intricate pattern, so I'm curious to see how it turns out.

Be thinking about what you have available in November. I know with the holidays coming up, everyone has family commitments to keep and it could be tough for us to squeeze in a meeting, but hopefully we can come up with something!

10. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    Kevin,

Thanks for hosting the meeting. It was awesome. It was great seeing you again.

By the way, Kevin has a pool. I'm thinking some summer meetings over there would be nice. Pool Party anyone.

Tell you mom thanks for the great dinner. It was nice seeing her again and nice meeting your dad. I think Dal made a new friend, someone to talk wrestling with, Kevin's dad. Heard a lot of old school names.

Again, thanks for everything.

Kevin H

11. The_Green_Ranger

Nov 18, 2004
    April and I are feeling better although we still have a few sniffles and nagging coughs. I am glad you guys had a good time and that you Kevin G. could be able to participate this time. I hope to see you all soon before the holidays kick in. take care all

Rob

12. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Ha! Talking to KG's dad was a trip. When he started throwing out the Briscos, Chief Jay Strongbow, and moving into the Steamboat/Youngblood and Slaughter/Kernodle years, I knew there was somebody else out there that grew up on MACW like me. Granted, he had a few years on me since he's older, but we picked up some common ground starting around 1976 I figure, which is when I can actually remember the stuff.

13. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    KG - I finally met your sister last night. She, her husband, and the kids came by trick or treating, so I introduced myself. I guess eventually I'll meet all my neighbors. We used to have a pretty quiet neighborhood without much activity, but recently we've had a bunch of folks leave and new neighbors come in, so it's nice to finally meet some. She seemed totally confused when I asked if she had a brother named Kevin. She probably thought I had evil psychic powers until I explained how we knew each other. She even complimented my Darth Vader pumpkin before I introduced myself. (I did another Vader this year on a fake pumpkin, so I wouldn't have to keep remaking it). My Darth Maul turned out really cool, but didn't make it to Halloween. The bugs and the elements got it. I still need to post a pic though.

14. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    For anybody that's interested, he didn't make it to Halloween thanks to the elements, but he looked pretty sweet for about a week.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/Dal--Intrepid/DigitalCameraPics02323.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.