main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA September Plans

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MotherPalpatine, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    This coming month we have three planned events the first beinging September 10th. This is Josh's project so I will leave it up to him to provide the information.

Second is the trip down south to FIDM. Looking at the calendar I am thining of September 24th. That will be the first weekend of the show. The following weekend is the Faire in Hanford so I did not think that would be a good date. As I stated, I would like to do this as soon as possible because we have work to do.

Third is our monthly meeting which will be September 16th. Of course, I know that there is much more that will be going on that is not planned out too far ahead.

Back to the FIDM trip; who is planning on going and will this day work? The tickets are $5.00 each if ordered online and this needs to be done soon and in a group to make sure that we all get in together. The second thing to consider is the time. The showing times begin at 10:00 am but I don't think we will be there that early. As it stands now I am going to set the date of September 9th to order tickets so let me know before then.

2. xdarthsmithiousx

xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    I will definately be there for the event on the 10th, but unfortunately I don't know if I will be able to make it to the other thing. I will definately be at our next meeting. I've been looking for another job, so I don't know what my scehdule will be in the future, but I will definately do my best to make it to everything possible

3. The-Bald-Wookiee

The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    I'll be happy to lend my drawing hand for the FIDM trip, are we going to try and organise a car-pool kind of thing? Easier on gas for everybody... and I'm not talking about petrol! Hah hah hah hah h... okay I am talking about petrol, but I gotta have my fun don't I?

4. Liz_Skywalker

Liz_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2005
    i'd really like to go to the exhibit thing. i sincerely doubt that jerry will be able to go since he works on the weekends. i'll have to see if i can make arrangements for toad. but i REALLY want to go.

5. derekm001

derekm001 Jedi Master star 1

May 18, 2005
    Well... I would like to go on the 24th, but I already have plans to attend the Mythic Entertainment Roundtable (Dark Age of Camelot) event in Las Vegas. I will have to try and go sometime in October. So those who can't attend on the 24th of this month, we can try again in October if your interested.

As for the 10th and 16th event, I will have to play it by ear. This month is very bad for me, as I have a major project this month at work. We are rolling out a system update to all users (both those on our network and in remote areas). Which according to my schedule, I will be traveling from the 12th to the 30th of the month almost every week night. As far north as Moccasin and as far south as Lake Isabella. So not sure if I will be available for any events this month.

-Derek

6. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    On Friday I will order tickets for FIDM so I need to know how many are going. The date will be September 24th. Barry and I had thought to make it a two day trip but it seems that most want to do this in one day. That is not a problem.

As for other events this month; September 10th we have the Children's Mircle League. We will do much the same as we did over the weekend for the Red Cross. Josh, did you speak to the Emperor about a table. It might be a good idea because it would give us a place to store things and take a break if needed.(Are you listening Helmet?)

Oh, and Liz, Barry tells me that you looked great yesterday. I can't wait to see it for myself. And Vice"I was press ganged" Chancellor, you're next. Ugly hat and all.[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

7. The-Bald-Wookiee

The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    You can count me in for FIDM.

And in regards to my previouser post I think now we've REALLY got to do some kind of carpooling thing. $3.25 a gal. and holding (I hope) will take a serious bite, even for a short trip down there to the place where FIDM is (quietly hopes no one will notice he has no idea where FIDM is).

8. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    yeah, i'm in for FIDM. looking forward to it!

9. Liz_Skywalker

May 22, 2005
    i heard whispers of how we were going to do the FIDM thing, but i need a few more specifics before i can say absolutely yes. EX: what time are we leaving? what time are we coming back? are we for sure car-pooling, if so, whose vehicles are available? i won't have a car as jerry will be at work and need it to take toad to a sitter, but i'm obviously willing to contribute to the gas fund as much as i possibly can... grrrr... don't want to think about gas prices... and the fact that the first time in my whole life that i've seen them over $3/gallon was THE week i began commuting to Fresno :mad: [face_frustrated] :_|

>>Oh, and Liz, Barry tells me that you looked great yesterday. I can't wait to see it for myself. And Vice"I was press ganged" Chancellor, you're next. Ugly hat and all.<<

thanks [face_blush] but Barry is far too liberal with his compliments :) as for the vice press-ganged chancellor... yes!!! [face_devil]

10. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    < are we for sure car-pooling, if so, whose vehicles are available? >

will tentatively say that i would like to take mine... but if not enough people willing to ride with me/help with gas, i would be content just to ride with someone else, put my money in the gas kitty, and go to sleep for the trip. in this eventuality, if there aren't enough seats to go around, i can just stay home, and leave the trip for those who are more qualified to do something with all that costuming knowledge (like draw, or make stuff) since i can't fulfill my primary function (pictures)

11. Emperors-hand

Emperors-hand Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    I would really love to go but I simply can't request any time off work. If I get lucky and get the day off by chance however I'll be there with bells on! And Liz quit being so modest Barry was absolutely right you looked GREAT in your costume.

12. Liz_Skywalker

May 22, 2005
  13. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    yeah, barriss... you looked wicked cool. =D=

14. Cruzer_Fett

Cruzer_Fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2005
    I just found out the Jango Fett's costume is on display at the show in LA. I'm there, maybe tomorrow or the next couple of days if I can swing it. I'm in the process of some changes to the costume and if I can find out some accurate colors before I move forward it could really help. Especially with the new jumpsuit.

Never mind, I thought it opened the 12th. Just found out it was pushed back to the 19th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.