main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph mmMMMmm... The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance

Discussion in 'Community' started by Andalite-Bandit, Jul 2, 2005.

1. green-boy

green-boy Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2004
    Cool. A sequel would be cool.

2. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Please no sequeal of DC. The first was great, they will just ruin the history

3. Sumras_Naju

Sumras_Naju Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 29, 2005
    I agree, the first is a classic. Please dont ruin it with a cheesy second movie.

4. Emilio_Estevez

Emilio_Estevez Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2005

If you enjoyed Bowie's "protruding" work in "Labyrinth," and want to get a better idea as to the "nature" of that bulge, go and watch Nicolas Roeg's "The Man Who Fell to Earth." It's Bowie...unleashed!!!!! Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

"The Dark Crystal" sequel will mark the return of Lord Gary Kurtz! Auction your memorabilia! Kneel before him!

5. LegatoBluesummers

LegatoBluesummers Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Labyrinth was a fun movie, with the puppets heads coming off and stuff, and that big ass thing

but WTF, what could they possibly make a second movie about, I mean the first already wrapped up what needed to be done. I loved this movie but I may not go see this.

6. MovieTrailerMusic

MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 17, 2004
    You know I never did see the original first one

7. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    I still have to show this film to my daughter.

although I haven't seen it in almost 20+ years myself.

8. MrC123

MrC123 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    The dark crystal muppets were weird looking. It's like Kermit's worst nightmare.

9. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    I watched the Dark Crystal once, and about 10 minutes in I got bored with it, so I muted it and gave it my own dialouge. :D

10. MrC123

MrC123 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    Making up your own dialogue to movies can be the greatest thing ever (when you're bored). There is much hilarity to be found.

11. MovieTrailerMusic

MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 17, 2004
    If you want a real challenge with that

Try that with movies that are NOT in english like Jet Li's Hero / Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon & dubb your own version

12. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    I haven't seen the Dark Crystal in probably a dozen years, but it remains one of the most beautiful movies I've seen. I'm reluctant to watch it again lest I learn it's one of those childhood favorites that can't hold up.

13. JediofJade

JediofJade Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 1999
    Yeah, that's happened with the X-Men cartoons. I saw them recently and had to wonder what I found so great about them. It was a sad moment.

14. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Pretty interesting news. Dark Crysatl is one of the keystone films, along with Never Ending Story and Legend, that cemented my love for fantasy. For it's time it was very bold in creating an entire fantasy world. I thought it brillantly executed and the story was both strong and compelling. It will be interesting to see where this venture goes. I think if they stay true to the roots of the original it will work. As a funny aside I used to have nightmares about Ogra. That whole pulling out the eye thing is too much for 3/4 year old.

Edit:Mastadge I can voch for the movie holding up to childhood. I bought it a few years ago and have watched it a number of times. It still has that amazing other worldly feeling. About the only minor thing that takes you out of the film are some of the shots with Jen as a little person. Really it's not that bad only about 3/4 brief shots and the character's back is to the camera.

15. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    After reading I did a search and found a site that has some solid info.

More Info

16. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Great - now that Disney own the Muppets, Henson Co. is free to really concentate on other ideas. I'm all for this.

Pat, click here. ;)

17. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    TellTale sounds interesting.

I'm all for a Dark Crystal game. A lot to explore there.

18. GoJo

GoJo Jedi Youngling

Sep 9, 2005

Great, i'm anticipating the sequel to one of my all time favorite movies! since you guys are rambling about sequels to other 80's fantasy flicks, how about a Princess Bride sequel?

Bowie was just terrible in Labyrinth but he was better in "The Hunger", you know the one with Susan Surandon and vampires?

19. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    A sequel to The Dark Crystal should be interesting. I hope it is as well done as the first movie.

20. JediofJade

JediofJade Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 1999
    Bowie was just terrible in Labyrinth but he was better in "The Hunger", you know the one with Susan Surandon and vampires?

:eek:

RAGE.

21. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    After 5 years in development hell...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2010/050410.shtml

Yay. And more at the link. Also, Andy-Bandy thread. :)

22. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
  23. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I'm there. Still remember the night I saw it as a kid and will show it to my daughter when she's a little older.

24. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    You had me at 'Andy'.
    I mean 'Hello'.
    Skeksis!!!!!

25. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    My cousin showed it to me when I was 3!! Had nightmares for weeks, but still remember really liking it.

And I just re-watched it on Youtube when I heard about the sequel... :D

I wonder if the sequel will be made for kid, or made for adults, because the original was somehow a mix of both and I don't think they can do that again...