main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sequel-Trilogy.Net: The Alternative Star Wars Saga

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by Brandon Rhea, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Site Title and Link: Sequel-Trilogy.Net: The Alternative Star Wars Saga
    Administrator: Brandon Rhea, Michael Jones
    General Description: Sequel-Trilogy.Net is the official website of Brandon Rhea?s Alternative Star Wars Saga. The website began as a means to show what internet spoilers for Episode IV - Episode VI could have looked like had the prequel trilogy been released first, but after that website idea lost it's steam the site became a general Star Wars news and fan fiction site. However, a few months after that, the site became the home of the Alternative Star Wars Saga and continues to be to this day.
    Genre: Fan Fiction/Alternative Universe
    Keywords: Fan Fiction, Alternate Universe, Star Wars News, Community

Well, after nearly a year of no activity, my website has returned with a brand new and, dare I say it, final design and layout. There are actually four current layouts, each one with an image of a location in my current novel Star Wars: Episode I - The Chosen One (which can also be found in Fan Fiction - The Saga). The layouts are the Galactic Senate on Coruscant, a long shot of Theed on Utapau (if you read my novel, you'll see that I changed the name of Naboo to "Utapau" to reflect the original drafts of Lucas' Episode I), a shot of Jabba the Hutt's Palace on Tatooine and the cloning facilities on Kamino. You'll have to click refresh a couple of times, as they're set on a random rotation.

Most of the focus right now is on Star Wars news. You'll see that news is the first thing you'll find when you go to the website. I try to keep it as up to date as possible. If you scroll down, you'll also see a section for feature articles. As of the time of this post, there are only two. One is about a fan video game called "Avian Hunt" being designed by C3PO the Dragon Slayer. The other is a piece about the importance of location in fan fiction, written by fan fiction author and Wookieepedia Administrator Will "Atarumaster88" Enser. There are many more feature articles on the way from a range of subjects including an exclusive look at the upcoming "Force Unleashed" video game, a final review of the entire "Legacy of the Force" series and a look at why there are less girls than there are guys in role-playing websites.

If you scroll down a little more, you'll see a few banners that contain links to some sites. The first one is a link to the forums for my website. It's independent of the main site, so registering on the main site does not mean you are registered for the forums. The second is a link to the Star Wars Fanon Wiki, a Wiki which I am proud to say that I'm an Administrator on. The third is a link to TheStarWarsRP.Com, a role-playing website that has been very active for over three years and that I am the Head Administrator of. The fourth is Fi-Sci.Com, which is essentially the ST.N sister site as the operator of Fi-Sci is the designer of ST.N.

Another feature, which is still under construction, is the databank section. This is for information about characters that appear in my fan fiction series titled "Brandon Rhea's Alternative Star Wars Saga". There's currently only two databank entries, those entries being for two "The Chosen One" characters. Those characters are Obi-Wan Kenobi and Annikin Skywalker (no, I did not spell that wrong). Many more characters and events from my work are coming soon.

You'll find at the top a tab that says "Episodes". Currently, the only link is for "The Chosen One", as it's the only one I've started. I'm currently about halfway through, as I'm working on Chapter Fourteen and plan for about thirty chapters or so. Links to additional episodes will be added as I begin those episodes. The Episode I page currently does not have anything on it, but we're working on creating an "opening crawl", a synopsis of everything that's happened so far and a gallery of images "from" the story.

The Community tab currently contains links to the forum, Star Wars Fanon and TheStarWarsRP.Com. One

2. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    =D= Wow, look very, very good. I like the web design, looks great. Your Web designer/programmer definitely did a good job.

I checked out your forums...Did you just create those? I see that you are using Invisionfree. Have you seen Zetaboards yet? They are an upgraded version of IF with some pretty neat updates. I would suggest that you look at that. I realize that you already have this system set up, but setting up another board is quick and easy. If you need any help, I would be glad to lend a hand. :)

3. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    I hadn't heard of them. I'll look them up.

4. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.