main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sequel Trilogy... Padme?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by McMickMack, Nov 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McMickMack

McMickMack Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2005
    I am not sure if this is fan mythology and apocryphal, however, I believe that one of the early quotes from George Lucas in regards to a possible Star Wars Episodes VII - IX states that a major villain in the sequel trilogy would have been a figure previously frozen from Revenge of the Sith.

Now, it states that this character will be a villain in the Sequel Trilogy. Doesn't state that this character was a villain in the Prequel Trilogy. Hmmm...

Who says that you can trust the diagnosis of a Pollis Massan? What is their professionalism and competance like in the medical field? Hmmm...

Did Padme actually die?

Sure, we saw her on a funeral coffin / bed in Episode III, however, was she dead, or just in status... frozen? We never actually see her buried, or cremated like in other Star Wars films. Hmmm...

Remember the other old George Lucas rumour about the Prequel Trilogy, and it would feature a 'Bad Mother'. Well, this really didn't happen... but perhaps it will... perhaps Padme becomes the 'Bad Mother' after all! Hmmm...

If Padme was frozen, did come back, etc... what impact do you think it would have on the Expanded Universe? Perhaps she could be central to the Legacy of the Force?!? ;) Sshhh!

2. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    Did you get this form Super Shadow?

3. McMickMack

Nov 10, 2005
    No, just throwing two very old rumours and some circumstantial evidence from Episode III together to create some wild speculation and pondering. If LFL / Del Rey really wan't to create a storm of controversy and interest in 'Legacy of the Force', even moreso than the death of Chewbacca in the 'New Jedi Order', then the return of Padme, in the villianous Bad Mother role is the way to go! :)

4. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    And the Skywalker kids get the official Most Screwed-Up Family Ever award.:p

5. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    No, I'm pretty sure Mace was the "Bad Mother-"

6. McMickMack

Nov 10, 2005
    In 'Legacy of the Force', I would rather read a "return of Padme" storyline than a "Skywalker / Solo's delve deep into bitter domestic conflict when they discover that they are the offspring of a genetic midichlorian IVF Force biological experiment via the scheming machinations of Darth Plagueous / Darth Sidious" storyline.

7. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Aside from some good emotion prologued to the Windu zap, she was wasted in that film, and had perfect makeup and hair after rolling down a Geonosian dune. [face_mischief]

I was trying to find what scene Artoo showed Skywalker in Joiner King but couldn't spot it.

8. McMickMack

Nov 10, 2005
    Perhaps after all, with better hindsight, the entire Prequel trilogy is *not* about:

A) The Fall of the Republic
    B) The Purge of the Jedi
    C) The Rise of Darth Vader
    D) The Ascendency of Palpatine
    E) The Birth of a New Hope

But rather:

F) The Faked Death of Padme!

It all fits:

A) Rise in the Prequel Trilogy
    B) Reminisced in the Original Trilogy
    C) Return and Revenge in the Sequel Trilogy

Symbolically, Return and Revenge, united in the Sequel trilogy, unites the themes of the first two trilogies and completes the circle metaphorically.

9. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    I think they got that when Palpatine half suggested that he's Anakin's father...

10. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    She won't. She makes a Zombie Appearance in The Holiday Special II.[face_laugh]

11. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    On the OS years ago there was an article on Dark Empire which quoted Lucas as saying that Dark Empire was pretty much how he saw the sequel trilogy. You could take this and discuss it until rumors spin off of it and then merge those rumors with others to form a speculative sequel trilogy. Perhaps you could even hit the nail on the head with that speculation. The question becomes one of what Lucas would choose to do. He'd made it pretty clear in the OT that Obi-Wan had been trained to Knighthood by Yoda, then TPM comes out and Obi-Wan is Qui-Gon's padawan, not Yoda's. To clear this up, we learn that Yoda is involved in the early training of many perspective Jedi before they are selected as a padawan learner by a specific Master or Knight. Thus making Obi-Wan's comment in ESB still accurate.

12. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

The only error is someone's literal taking of a single line: Go to the Dagobah system where you'll learn from my master, Yoda. Never mind the many ways of knowing where Yoda was---phantoms have their ways---Yoda did indeed train him. Who's to say it must be the full start-end training? I for one don't say Fawlcon. :p

Really, you don't have to take it literally. I recently heard Solo de-carbonites with a different shirt. Do I care? not even two camel humps, if you can believe me!

13. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    But the line wasn't: "One of the Jedi Masters who instructed me.

And if this were to happen, I'd be tickled to death as I thank myself for having stopped with TJK.

14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003

If Padme returned as the evil villainess of the LOTF... I don't want to think about it! 8-} 8-} 8-}

15. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    If Lucas had still planned to proceed with his Sequel trilogy plans, you likely would have seen some differences in the PT where this villian from the PT did return in the ST. However, since Lucas is not, he didn't other including that plotline, so I wouldn't bother speculating on the content of the Sequels based on the Prequels because the Prequels are entirely different films than what would have been made had Lucas wanted to make the Sequels.

16. Master-Anakin-Solo

Master-Anakin-Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2002
    Sooner or later IMO there will be a sequel, if not done by Lucas maybe by his sons or someone else at Lucas Films, I just hope it will not take 20 years as the PT and it does not trashes the EU [face_whistling] 8-}

17. Alynn

Alynn Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2005

Shut yo'mouth!

18. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    dangit you beat me to it

19. McMickMack

Nov 10, 2005
    Perhaps Padme could become the apprentice of Lumiya?!

What would Padme think of the next generation? How would she compare Luke to his father? I would love to listen to a political argument between Padme and Leia! :)

20. Son_of_the_Suns

Son_of_the_Suns Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2005
    Hey I'm just talkin' bout Mace

21. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I still can't believe this is a thread.

22. Svebor

Svebor Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2005
    Well, she (her memory) did show up in the Dark Nest, and that seem to be very important for the sequels, so I guess she'll be in the sequels if Lucas ever decides to make them.

23. McMickMack

Nov 10, 2005
    What if there is a clone Padme in Legacy of the Force?

24. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

Roll her downa dune under arid heat and she'll still have perfect makeup and hair, like the progenitor. :D

[face_beatup]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.