main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Sequel Trilogy Retcons - Being Prepared, Being Positive (Minor spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Sep 18, 2014.

1. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I already consider the new continuity AU (rather than the one and only relevant one), and am alright with a different and more noble fate for Depa. But it's still fun to do some mental gymnastics.

Hm. Okay, got it.
    Caleb was in orbit when Depa went down to Haruun Kal and was returned to the temple when it became clear things needed investigating. When it became clear she wasn't going to wake up, he ended up either 'temporarily' assigned a new master or joined a group of other masterless padawans like the 'Padawan Pack'. However, fowards the end of the CW she woke up and began rehabilitation under the temple healers, and had long talks with Caleb. Then, Order 66 happened. It was in the healers wing that Depa saved him, while he fled.

Or, she woke up as he stood vigil, just as the temple was stormed. Weak, she rose none the less, and defended the padawan she had only known for a short time. Enveloped in the force, it took Vader himself to finally end her.

Honestly, Kanon doesn't seem to have been all that close to Depa anyway, at least in the flashback. It looked like it would be a very formal apprenticeship.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  2. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    It does to me, because I am weird like that, which is part of the reason why I read so much from the library and only started buying things a few years ago. I almost didn't obtain Darth Plagueis over Darth Maul's new Dathomiri backstory, but it seems to be a relatively minor detail that can easily be ignored in that book. I still have several things I want to acquire, including Allegiance, Choices of One, Scoundrels, Kenobi, X-Wing: Mercy Kill, Cloak of Deception, Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter, and the main stuff from the Clone Wars multimedia project. I don't even really have a place to put that stuff or what I already have, so I have no need to even think about A New Dawn and Tarkin anytime soon. Also, I don't buy hardcovers, Kenobi is going to be the only exception to avoid the Legends badging.

3. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Sinre...we're here for you, man.

4. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    [​IMG]

Vthuil likes this.
  5. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
    No joke, every time I see that name, I think you're talking about Joss Ackland.

[​IMG]

Jensen Ackles is definitely not a name for a man under 70.

6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Going to be interesting to see how much work we would need to do to make Rebels fit into the EU.

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Very little thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Force Smuggler likes this.
  8. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    Isn't there an image of Depa in a healing tank in the Jedi Temple in the Republic comics?

9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Possibly. I know there's one of her in a garden, still in her coma:

[​IMG]

wmu'14 likes this.
  10. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    Didn't something similar happen in the JAT?