main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Serenade of Darkness: The Second Purge

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Quinnithxtherol, Nov 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReallyBoringGuy

ReallyBoringGuy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2002
    Valon was getting upset. "Stupid Ovari! They just come in out of nowhere, basically conquer us, kill most of the Jedi, and now they're slaughtering innocents. I'm getting really angry." While he said this, he activated his lightsaber, and Force-leaped though the air, cleaving the head of an Ovari about to cut down a middle-aged man who looked like a bureaucrat, then spun to engage his partner. Unfortunately, even with his anger and recent combat experience, he still was not a match for an Ovari soldier one-on-one. "Guys, I hate to repeat myself, but I'm going to need some help here!"

2. Quinnithxtherol

Quinnithxtherol Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 28, 2002
    Kir force-pushed the Ovari in front of Valon, then killed one about to kill a girl.

"Heartless beasts!" he said, impaling the dark-skinned alien.

Tag: ReallyBoringGuy

3. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Nejah was heading outside, most of the refuges had already gone, when there was an explosion. She was thrown back. She moved forward, to see what was happening.

She heard the others running up, she saw Ovari tracking through the jungle. Going after those who just wanted something to eat.

She saw the other Jedi move to engage them.

She dropped her hands down to her sides.
    She had had enough. Enough of all of it.

She called the Force to her. She concentrated. Beads of sweat broke out on her forehead.

She started using Malacia against the Ovari. She also projected a Force illusion. Of something big and nasty, hunting after them. Only the Ovari would see it. Each one would see their own personal horror chasing after them.

Nejah knew she could hold it for too long. She just hoped that it would be enough for the others to deal with them.

OOC: Malacia - a force skill which effects the opponents equilibrium against them, causing extreme dizziness, and nausea.
    :p

4. ReallyBoringGuy

Oct 14, 2002
    Valon saw the Ovari he was facing stumble, then took advantage of that to skewer its heart. "There's just too many! We're not going to last long." Valon thought to himself. That was when they started screaming and collapsing on the ground. While they still put up a token resistance, the Ovari were out of it, and he took the opportunity to slay several of them.

5. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Xavier sprinted into the confusion. A wing of Ovari starfighters swooped down and steralized a group of refugee's fleeing the firestorm of explosion's and blaster bolts.

Xavier hurryed back inside and into Nejah's aresenal room. He quickly dragged out a Proton Torp launcher and hoisted it onto his shoulder. With a sonic boom the cannon hurled a well aimed energy missile at a starfighter.

In a cloud of fire the craft disentergrated. There was still 5 more that were razing the jungle foliage, leveling whole tree's and killing innocents including babies and children. :mad:

A squad of Ovari interupted his targeting of another fighter. The leader swiping at him with a Vibro-Ax. Xavier dropped the bulky launcher and did a 360 turn, in mid turn igniting his azure blade and disecting the Ovari with ease.

Another Ovari armed with a yellow saber punched in the gut and sent him flying aginest the ground. Xavier rolled away from a carefully aimed slash that tore up the ground. 6 more Ovari trounced in cutting at him with malice.

Xavier leapt high only to be sprayed with trails of blaster fire. His leg got grazed and he suffered a direct hit to the shoulder. He fell. Still calcuating his injurys a explosion erupted 10 feet away from him. Singeing his clothes and cuaterizing his flesh as he was sent spiraling againest a tree with a THUD!.

Xavier did not move...........

6. ReallyBoringGuy

Oct 14, 2002
    "Xavier!" Valon yelled as he saw the other Jedi fall. With a wordless battle-cry, he Force-vaulted to Xavier's side. A quick touch through the Force assured him that the injured man was still alive, but he didn't have time for anything else as three Ovari came in at him, slashing with a variety of edged weapons. Perhaps Nejah's Force assault wasn't affecting these three, or maybe she had had to drop that, but all three were at peak abilities. Blocking a half-dozen slashed from his assailants, Valon realized that he was being pushed back, and wouldn't be able to protect Xavier much longer.

7. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    Pain shuddered all over Xavier. Burning pain and sharp pain in his shoulder and at his leg. His fingers twitched on one hand-looking for the hilt of his weapon.

He concentrated and drew the lightsaber into his palm. With a reassuring "snap-hiss!" he brought his blade to bear as he weakly stood. Oily smoke rose off his body from the explosion and he was'ent sure if he could even stay standing up..

He took a vengeful hack at one of the unaffected Ovari cornering Valon. The alein shrieked in agony as the blade sliced throuh his bones and took him down in half.

"Ahhhhh!!!" Xavier yelled as he brought his blade across on another Ovari giving into his hatred for them...........

8. Quinnithxtherol

Nov 28, 2002
    Kir blocked a blade, (Luckily, these Ovari Didn't have cortosis blades) and jumped by Xavier and Valon, killing the other two with two quick slashes.

"We need shelter!" he yelled over the pandemonium.

Then, he saw an Ovari raise a blaster at Nejah.

He chunked one of his sabers at it, and it fell, dead.

The battle lasted for about 5 minutes, and Kir and the others were able to drive away most of the Ovari.

A shuttle landed near the jungle.

Traest Kre'fey emerged, followed by two armed guards.

The brown bothan, with streaks of grey in his fur, walked up to Kir.

"Hello, friend," he said, giving Kir a hug, "What happened here?"

"We were attacked," Kir said
    "They attacked the refugees."

"What?" the Bothan said in disbelief, turning and looking at the carnage.

"Who are they?" he asked, pointing at the other Jedi.

Tag: Everyone

9. ReallyBoringGuy

Oct 14, 2002
    "Tired," Valon said. Not very polite, but true enough. He turned to Xavier, inspecting the Jedi's wounds. "You're pretty seriously injured there. Would you like me to try to heal that?"

10. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC:A wing of Ovari starfighters ..Several squad..gee talk about MAJOR overkill for a handful of stragglers! :p

BIC:

Nejah opened her eyes, when she heard the roar of a shuttle landing nearby. She knew quite a bit had happened around her, but she held the illusions long enough, that many of the refugees got away.

She very slowly looked around. The others who were able to made it out. Those who didnt, lay either dead, of lying wounded on the jungle floor. She was tired, again. But, she couldnt help that now.

Without a word she went inside and got her gear...then she went out into the jungle, looking for those who were injured, and treating them as she could. Those who were too far gone, she stayed with, till she could do no more for them.

She found Kaleb in the jungle. He was slightly wounded. He was holding a child in his arms. The child had died.

"Tis no longer safe here. Keep your people in the jungle. I will be back." She healed his wounds. He just nodded silently.

There were times when being empathic was more of a curse than anything else. This was one of them. She felt numb. She finsihed going thru the woods, giving the rest of whatever supplies she could spare to them, and food. She then sent them away.

Nejah came out the jungle a while later. Saying nothing, she started packing what items of importance she had into her case. The lightsabers also went with her. When she finished, she came out the room.

She sat, looking out across the jungle floor, waiting for the others.

It was time to move, yet again.

11. Quinnithxtherol

Nov 28, 2002
    ooc: well we killed all the rest pretty well, they wanted us dead I guess.

IC:

"You need to move," Traest said, "And fast, before they come back.

"I know," Kir said. Turning to Xavier, he asked, "Can you walk?"

Tag: SaberGiett

12. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    Xavier nodded lightly.

Limping over to a severly wounded young girl. Xavier hoisted the girl into his arms and brought her in for Nejah to use some of her items to nurse her. Xavier brushed his hand gingerly over his charred skin and bleeding blaster wounds. His gaze looked over the strewn debris and dead bodies as well as listening to the wailing children. "The Ovari are going to pay!" he said with spiteful contempt. . . . . . . . . . .

13. Quinnithxtherol

Nov 28, 2002
    "Do not let the Dark Side control you," Kir said to Xavier, "Even though we are in a war, if this slaughter can be called war, we must still follow the Jedi code."

"Well put," Traest said, "I can have a thousand men here in a week, any more will take time. I don't have a very large fleet, but give me time."

"That's very good news," Kir said, "Bring any that you can. We need all the help we can get."

Tag: everyone

14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Nejah noticed movement near her. Xavier
    brought a severly wounded young girl. Nejah gently took the child from him. She tended the child, and then passed her along to another who was leaving.

Nejah walked over to Xavier. She concentrated on his wounds, as she applied a medpack over his more seriuos wounds. The smaller wounds faded.

She followed his gaze looking over the strewn debris and dead bodies.

"The Ovari are going to pay!" he said with spiteful contempt.

Nejah looked over the scene sadly. "But, it will never be as much as those here paid."

She sat down heavly on the ground.

"We need to leave....now."

15. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    Xavier's emotion ceased from Kir and Nejah's words. "I'm sorry, but these monster's need to be brought to justice. I gor carried away."

Xavier leaned againest the buildings wall as the medpacks worked treating his terriable wounds. "Thanks Nejah."

"I think we can see the level of brutality the Ovari are fully capable of commiting now Admiral. We'd be honored to fight alongside you and your men. But both of you are right, its not wise to reamain here but we have no safehouse..?"

16. ReallyBoringGuy

Oct 14, 2002
    "I did offer to help Xavier," Valon mumbled to himself. "I am a healer, I offered to help, and someone else took my chance. Typical. I feel like a fifth wheel here."

OOC: Not me as the player. I'm enjoying this game.

17. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    Jeez your characters sensitive. 8-}

18. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    "I did offer to help Xavier," Valon mumbled to himself. "I am a healer, I offered to help, and someone else took my chance. Typical. I feel like a fifth wheel here."

Nejah looked towards Valon. She was barely able to raise her hand, and she jestured towards the jungle. "There were more than enough people who needed a healer this day. You did not need to wait...."

Nejah paused....the strain from dealing with so many was begining to show. She spoke again, softly....

.."There is another place....an hour away...she pulled a datapad free...it also has some supplies.."

Nejah closed her eyes, and her dropped forward.

19. ReallyBoringGuy

Oct 14, 2002
    Valon picked up the datapad. "What's this?"

20. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    ...there is no response....

there is a light blinking on the datapad.

21. Quinnithxtherol

Nov 28, 2002
    "Nejah!" Kir said, running to her.

He lifted her head, and held it in her hands.

"Valon, now's a good time to be a healer," Kir said.

Tag: RBG

22. ReallyBoringGuy

Oct 14, 2002
    Valon shook his head. "That's just fatigue. I can't do much against fatigue. But what is this stupid datapad?" He moved it around in all directions to see if that changed the light's blinking.

23. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    As Kir held onto Nejah, who was unconcious, Valon was trying to switch on the datapad which had been on standby mode.

As Valon twisted the pad around in its hands, a small beep was heard, and data started spewing from the screen.

On the upper half of the pad, was a map, showing another structure, roughtly an hours distance, if traveling by speeder.

The bottom half showed times of postions of what looked like Ovari patrols through the area.

As the datapad was twisted around, the speed of the blinking alternated. It definatelly blinked faster when held out in one direction.

TAG: Anyone

24. ReallyBoringGuy

Oct 14, 2002
    "Well, shall we check this out?" Valon asked, gesturing extravagantly.

25. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: ...Valon asked, gesturing extravagantly...???? :p <Snicker>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.