main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Serenade of Darkness: The Second Purge

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Quinnithxtherol, Nov 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Hopefully everyone has calmed down in there little bit? ?[face_plain]

I think that what Quinn was trying to say is that it might give everyone a little more ability to interact if you all tried to make your IC posts a little more detailed and descriptive. Instead of posting "The orange blade sliced through the Ovari's head" add in some sensory information (without going mad with violence ;) )

What did it sound like?
    How did it feel? What was the pressure resistance like on the blade itself?
    What did it sound like? Was it different to cutting through a blaster barrel or the tail of a gundark?
    What was your character thinking and feeling? Were they repulsed by their actions or did they enjoy the pain they were inflicting?
    What did it smell like? Surely there was some burnt hair in there somewhere......
    You're all in an environment, what else is happening around you simultaneously?

It's not a huge thing to do and it can really help add to the fun of the game if everyone pitches in :)

2. Quinnithxtherol

Quinnithxtherol Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 28, 2002
    ooc: Thank you, Darth Attorney! You hit the nail right on the head!

3. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    OOC: Sounds good to me. Alright, I can do that.

Jiran hadn't been around. Feeling a cold breeze against her neck, Jenna had decided that it was time to leave. Strolling down the staircase, pants brushing against her legs, Jenna had arrived out of the dark, glowing hallway. Darkness growed over and Jenna knew it wasn't worth to bother now.

Swinging her leg over the leather seat of the speeder, smooth and soft, her hands gripped the handles, rubbery and ridged, pushing a hard button, a loud roar came from back end. Fire flaming and hot. Her viser over her eyes, her foot slanted, and she zoomed off to head to the Jedi. She would have to find them and work with them.

4. Quinnithxtherol

Nov 28, 2002
    ooc: *applaudes* Good, maybe everyone else will catch on.

IC: Since Mas wasn't coming, Kir decided to engage the oncoming Ovari, and leave the others to finish the fight inside.

"Come on, you black demons!" He yelled, "Come and get me!"

He Force-Pushed 5 of them down, and engaged the other two, dodging one's blaster bolts and the other's swinging Cortosis blade.

He kicked the blade-wielding one, the one to his left, in the stomach, and sliced him in two.

Quickly spinning around, he deflected a blaster bolt that hit the Ovari in the face, killing the ebony-skinned thing where it stood.

By now, the others had gotten up.

"I'm ready for ya!" Kir yelled.

5. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Nejah stood not believing what she was seeing. The jedi with the double sabers had leaped out the doorway, and was charging to attack the Ovari.

"Come and get me!" he yells.

Nejah decided that stelth was probably lost at this point. She grabbed her saber from where she had hidden it. She re-adjusted her blade, to deal with the Ovari and their armour. She did not like drawing her saber, but that did not mean she did not know how to use it. The other Jedi had knocked five of them down. They were just starting to get up again, when Nejah joined in, whirling her blade and stunner, moving to attack.

6. Goo_Child

Goo_Child Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    ooc: I can do that

Ovri were everywhere. He could hear his heart beat, as he looked at the dark creatures. He could feel the life he was about to destroy. With an animal like roar he pounced on one of the Ovri and bit into his neck. Mas could tast the matalic tast of blood. Then he felt the sharp pain of a blade cutting his robe, fur ,then the skin on his back. Mas reached both hands behind him and grabed the attacker by his head and flung him over his head, driving his claws just under the creaturs jaw bone. Mas saw his tan tunic fall to the moss covered floor. Now bare chested he could feel the cool wind on his fur. He totaly let his animal nature take over before looking up and seeing what he had done. He was mad with himself. That was the trouble with Jedi of his species, sometimes the animal inside took over. Now he had the long cut on his back and several on his legs and arms. He removed his boots and what was left of his robe. He went into a healing power. He let the force flow into him, healing his wounds. He picked up his lightsaber and handed it to Kir. "Carry this for me. If I look more like an animal than a Jedi it might call less attention to us." Mas droped and started walking on all four of his feet. His golden fur glimmered in the light from the three moons of Yuuzhan'tar.

ooc: How was that?

7. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Much better everyone! :D

Remember that if you are playing in the same "scene" as someone else, there's always room to interact with each other. Without turning this into a class on RPing, I noticed back there that Ktala's character saw Quinn's character fighting the Ovari. SInce it's been established that both are in the same setting, there's room for each to throw the other openings in their posts to pick up on and respond to.

For example, if Quinn uses the Force to flick up dust into the Ovari's eyes, it could have ill effects for Ktala's character by blinding her too. If Ktala fires a blaster shot and it goes wide as a result, Quinn is going to have to account for another unpredicable element, namely the possibility of being accidentally shot in the back. Things like this can spill over as much as you guys allow it. Don't be afraid to seize on something someone else has mentioned in their post

:).

8. Quinnithxtherol

Nov 28, 2002
    "It' nice to have some help around here," Kir said, to Nejah.

Then the Ovari ran forward, and a few blaster shots were fired from one in the back, but Kir easily deflected them.

"You take those two, I'll take these three," Kir said, motioning to the left, for Nejah, and the right, for him.

9. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Stopping the speeder bike with a jerk, Jenna felt a quick snap in her neck from jerking. Slipping off the seat, her hand brushed the side, feeling warm and smooth, but her hand made squeaks with her black, leather gloves on. Opening the door to the Jedi Temple, feeling cold and smooth from being worn down. The glass was scatched for the battles that had happened there sometimes. Cracks were fixed with rough putty but everything else was fine. Her feet clamping against the marbled floor, her footsteps started to echo along the silver, metal stairs. Her breath hot as she headed up.

"If they're not here I don't know where I'll find them," she said softly as her pants brushed against her legs, feeling smooth and rough at the same time.

Walking around, none were to be found.

"Great, now where could they be?" she asked.

10. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    "It' nice to have some help around here," the other Jedi said before wading into battle with the three Ovari near him.

Nejah didnt reply. She was concentraiting on the two Ovari near her. Since she had been stranded her, she was used to their tactics.

She spun using her lightsaber to take out the Ovari's weapon, while hitting him with the stunner. As she spun, she kicked the other, sending him back on the ground again.

The Ovari she stunned flew backwards about ten feet, then fell heavily to the ground, and did not move.

She quickly rolled to get to the other Ovari that she had kicked. She also tagged him with the stunner. He fell backwards. She used her saber to destroy his weapon also.

She then looked to see how the other Jedi was doing.

11. Goo_Child

Jul 31, 2002
    Mas was shocked at the apprence of more Ovri. Mas stood on his two hind legs and slashed with his right claw. Four red strips folowed his claws down the cheek of one of the beasts. He then turned on the ball of his right foot, meeting two more of the creatures. He slashed one all the way from face to chest. He let out a screm as he fell to the moss covered floor. The other lunged for Mas. The blade stabbed him in the stomach. A sharp pain went through him as he felt the cold blade enter. He bent double. He could feel that the beast who had stabbed him felt good about himself. Mas lay on the ground, and looked at the other two Jedi.

TAG: Ktala or Quinn

12. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Nejah had just taken out the second Ovari when she heard a scream. The Cathar had managed to take out one of the Ovari with his claws, but it had left him open. The other Ovari had delt him a vicious blow, stabing the Cathar in his stomach.

Nejah reacted instinctvely. She held up her hand, using the Force to send the Ovari flying into the thick forest.

She moved quicklly to get to the Cathar. She had seen the kind of damage that the Ovari weapons delt out. They needed to get the Cathar out quickly.

13. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    OOC: Question, where is everyone now so I can get my character in the story more. :D

14. Quinnithxtherol

Nov 28, 2002
    "Mas!" Kir said, taking out the last of his Ovari.

The other two lay sprawled on the ground, one with a hole in his chest from Kir's lightsaber, the other, without a head.

"We have to take him to a med center," Kir said, "I have no skill in healing, but if you do, we won't have to move him."

15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    "We have to take him to a med center," the one said, "I have no skill in healing, but if you do, we won't have to move him."

Neajh looked at him. She spoke quietly. "I am a healer. That is why I am still on this forsaken bit of rock. But we DO have to move, him, and move him now. This is Ovari central here. In a few moments, we are going to be neck deep in Ovari. I'm talking about hundreds. They KNOW a Jedi is here somewhere, and this immediate area will not be safe."

Her eyes flitter down on the Cathar checking on him before looking back up.

"I can keep him stable till we get someplace safe. I know of someplace, but we have to go NOW."

Nejah started channeling the Force into the Cathar, slowing down his bleeding, and stabalizing his wounds.

She looked over and examined the blade that had stabbed the huge cat. She did not like what she saw. She looked back over towards the Cathar.

"You are called Mas? Can you move any?"

16. Goo_Child

Jul 31, 2002
    "I can move fine, it's the hole in my stomach I'm worried about." He looked at Kir "We shouldn't have come."

17. Quinnithxtherol

Nov 28, 2002
    "We were ordered to come," Kir said, lifting Mas with the Force, "And besides, we are the only ones left now, were else can we go? I refuse to live in exile any longer. I'm taking the fight to the Ovari now."

Kir followed Nejah, with Mas floating in the air beside him.

18. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: YO Mertroid. You and anybody else who wants to jump in. NOW would be a good time...:p

BIC:
    Nejah watched as Kir levitated the wounded Cathar Mas with the Force.

"There is a spot about 5 minutes from here. We can take him there and I can finsih healing him. A few others know the spot, so we might run into others who are willing to help." She reached into her pouch and grabed a bag. She took out an injector and pressed it against the Cathar. "That should help."

Nejah turned and walked into the jungle, leading the group towards the safe house.
    She turned and spoke to Kir.

"You say you wish to take the fight to the Ovari? Do you have anything in mind? There is a large military base, about an hour from the old temple."

19. ReallyBoringGuy

ReallyBoringGuy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2002
    OOC: Sorry about not posting in a while... after describing the Ovari base, I waited for Gorin_Zachian or Saber_Giett7 to post, but they never did. Then I lost track of where my character was and just now had time to track down where our team was at. I apologize for not getting to it sooner, but we've been having some computer trouble too. As far as I can tell, our group is right outside the Ovari fortress, and the other group is on the way, right?

I'll try to follow better from here on out...

20. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    "Any ideas about how to get in there?" Xavier said implying the base.

P.S-Sorry about not posting in awhile too. [face_plain]

21. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Nejah led the group to a small building that was buried in rubble. From the outside, it looked like a colapsed building.

She led them around to the far side, a small set of steps that led down. She knocked a series of time, and stepped inside. Inside was several rooms.

There were two people inside. They looked up when the group entered. They scooted to the side, but said nothing. One was a young girl about 7. The other, a young man.

Nejah pointed over to a table for them to set Mas on so she could finish healing him.

"Those others are okay. They have helped me, and know the layout around the area, and the patrols."

She closed her eyes to start working on the Cathar. She pulled her Force energies for what she would need to do.

She placed her hands over the Cathar. The energy surounded her, flowing from her, to the injured Mas.

Nejah opened her eyes when she was finished. She quietly asked, "How do you feel now?"

22. ReallyBoringGuy

ReallyBoringGuy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2002
    Valon shook his head. "It's practically invulnerable. Nothing but a Jedi could get in, and it's still not going to be easy. With the redundant systems, we're going to need to hit a lot of sites almost simultaneously." He looked at the other two hopefully. "Unless one of you can see something we can work with?"

23. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Xavier sighed. "Maybe we should try the cable channels underneath? If we can find at what power source they start we can get in them and enter the fortress from there. There usually wide enough to accomedate a human. Let's get a move on it." Xavier nodded in Jiran's direction. "Comlink the others and see how their making out."

24. Quinnithxtherol

Nov 28, 2002
    "I'm going to comm the others," Kir said.

He pulled out his commlink, and turned it on.

"Xavier," he said, "Status report."

Tag: SaberGiett7

25. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Nejah sighed as she waited for the huge Cathar to respond. She turned her attention back to Kir for amoment.

"So, what was your plan?"

OOC: :eek: Hello!?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.