1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!
  2. Welcome Guest.

New feature: The Art of Disney…Now discussing:

Artist Serena's Art - Update 4/12 - How to Train Your Dragon digital arts and digital art Self-portrait

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by JediXManSerenaKenobi, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. Darth_Noctis Jedi Knight

You have phenomenal talent, these pictures are outstanding. Amazing work.
  2. JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Darth_Noctis: Thank you so much! :)

OK, I've finished the Neytiri piece, but before that, I'd like to show you guys a sketch I did today. It's based on a fic I'm writing. I posted the first chapter here, but I've really only added chapters on FF.net. It's called "Brown Eyes", and it's a VERY AU Vader/Padme. If you'd like to read, here's the link: Brown Eyes

A Breath Away
    [image=http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/018/7/4/A_Breath_Away_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

Neytiri - Rain FINISHED
    [image=http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/014/8/4/Neytiri___Rain_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

Questions? Comments? Thoughts?

- Serena
  3. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    love the avatar Neytiri and Padmé and Darth Vader
  4. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    I like "A breath away".

The sweetness of it, the love...

:_|@};-[face_love]
  5. Black-Dog Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I finally got to see Avatar last week. Your work on Neytiri, plus Anakin & Padmé is astonishing to say the least. :)
  6. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Glad to see another Avatar fan!

With that said, I'm really enjoying all of your Avatar pieces! The graphite ones are amazing, but that last one done in Painter - WOW! Nicely done! I would love to see more in the same style and medium! :)
  7. Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow wow wow wow wow! [face_hypnotized]

Your work is awesome!!! I especially love the way you draw Anakin/Padme' and Han/Leia. The cartoonish ones are really cool, too. The one with Obi-Wan and Asajj just about killed me! [face_laugh] (I hope you were the one who did that one...I've been trying to catch up and post comments)
  8. Blue_but_beautiful Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow, some beautiful work there, I especially like the atmosphere in the Neytiri portrait, you captured her features beautifully :D
    The Padme/Vader piece is wonderful, really touching.
  9. JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you guys so much! [face_love] I'm so thrilled you liked the last two piccys. To Cara_Undercover_Jedi: Yes, I did do the Asajj/Obi-Wan drawing (and fic). :) You guys are the best!!

I don't know what happened here, but I've been trying to get a good skin tone and texture for a while, and all of a sudden I was experimenting with Photoshop and it came out pretty well for a first digital portrait, I thought. I was working from a photo reference.

Here's Emmy Rossum:

[image=http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/061/1/4/I_Belong_to_the_Night_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

Thoughts? Questions? Comments?
  10. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    lovely picture and great colours
  11. TheMacUnleashed Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    =D= The lighting on that piece is fabulous, and I love the expression that you captured on her face.
  12. dancing_star Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow, Serena, just looked through all your artwork and it's just fabulous! =D= [face_dancing] My very favorites would have to be the two drawings of Han and Leia. [face_love] You've got some amazing talent- keep up the great work!![:D]@};-
  13. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Yes, I agree! Very well done!

You seem to be coming along quite well with the digital media. Each new painting you do is a step up from the last! Keep up the wonderful work! :)
  14. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    Beautiful work! I love how you captured the tone and lighting.

I also enjoy your artworks based on Avatar. Just gorgeous.
  15. JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Earlybird: Thank you!

Mac: Thanks so much!

Dancing_star: Thank you! :) I love Han and Leia - I had so much fun with those drawings.

Steph: Thank you! I'm working in digital media pretty much all the time now... occasionally I'll do a few sketches in my notebook, but I'm really trying to use digital media more.

Corellian_Outrider: Did I ever say how much I love your penname? :) And thank you so much!

OK, here's a portrait of Natalie that I just finished. I saw the photo and was like - OK, I am SO painting that. :D

Natalie Portman
    [image=http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/067/2/3/Natalie_Portman_portrait_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

Let me know what you think!

- Serena/>
  16. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    And she is lifelike and stunning=D==D=
  17. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    She definitely looks striking! The monochrome and the contrast really heightens her features. There is something about her eyes that captures your attention.

Thank you too :). I didn't know you love my penname. It has a dual meaning for me: It is like a scout or ranger and the other is of a ship.
  18. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    You have a fantastic stlye.

@};-
  19. JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, guys! Wow, it's been a while. I'm really busy with college, but for my graphic art class, I've been doing a few different things.

I don't know if any of you have seen "How to Train Your Dragon", but I HIGHLY recommend it if you haven't. It's so adorable! So, I have a couple pieces done in PS from that, then a PS and Painter sketch of yours truly.

Hope everyone's doing well! I need to catch up with everyone, here...

How to Train Your Dragon - "Toothless and Hiccup"
    [image=http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/089/c/e/Toothless_and_Hiccup_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

How to Train Your Dragon - "How to Trust Your Human"
    [image=http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/097/0/7/How_to_Trust_Your_Human_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

Yours Truly
    [image=http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/101/3/0/Just_An_Artiste_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

OK, that's all for now, folks. Questions? Comments? Thoughts?

- Serena
  20. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Nice new works and your self portrait is beautiful.

Dragons?:) Doing dragons too and I have seen more dragons here.
  21. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Those are really great! I love the 'Dragon' pieces and the simplicity of the self-portrait really works well.

Nicely done! :)
  22. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    Awwww! I love that movie. You making me want to see it again. Toothless looks wonderful. Love the pose, emotion and lighting coming through on the two of them.

I also love your self portrait, I think it turned out beautifully.
  23. HelloKelly Jedi Knight

star 3
    D'aaaawwwwww. I loved the how to train your dragon ones! The movie was spectacular!

I really like your work a lot. Keep it up!
  24. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    "Yours Truly" is so dream like, making me think about certain DESPERATE ROMANTICS (= a BBC six-part drama following the Pre-Raphaelite brotherhood).

The most funny is "How to train your human", a question that every cat has at least one time per day.
  25. paltonae356 Jedi Knight

Very nice! Love the self portrait! [face_love]
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.