main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Serena's Art - Update 4/12 - How to Train Your Dragon digital arts and digital art Self-portrait

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by JediXManSerenaKenobi, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Very wonderful creations Serena! I especially liek the Vos as he seems more life like but thats just my preference, and I can't say enough how wonderful your Han and Leia mush pieces are!!! There really should be more of them from their different stages.

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Great update, Serena!

Out of the recent bunch, the one of Jixton is my favorite. I love the 3/4 tilt to his head and the minimal amount of shading you put into it. It generates a neat effect!

3. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    NYCitygurl: Glad you like Jix and Vos! I enjoyed drawing them. Appreciate it, Nat!

FalconFan: I know, and I think Quin is a great character - fun to draw. I tried to capture that dark, determined mood - I hope I got it. Thanks for the comment, FF!

ShrunkenJedi: I like sketches, too. It's fun doing them. Glad you like BofH. It was just shading in most of it, so that was one of the easier ones.

Mitth_Fisto:
    Why thanks! Yeah, I get a lot of my drawings from pictures of comic books - I LOVE drawing from comic books, especially good ones. I really admire comic artists - I think what they do is amazing, and I'd love to actually draw a comic one day. So happy you like Han and Leia! I know, I should draw more of them. It's so fun!

HanSolo29:
    Thanks! Yeah, as Jix is my all-time favorite male character, and as he doesn't get nearly enough time in the spotlight, I thought I'd draw him. He rocks. Appreciate it! Oh, and I love your signature. The Bible verse is awesome.

- Serena

4. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Here are some new sketches I recently did:

[image=http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee31/Serena_Kenobi/IMG_5197.jpg] Jarael

[image=http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee31/Serena_Kenobi/IMG_5195.jpg] Bastilla Shan

[image=http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee31/Serena_Kenobi/IMG_5187.jpg] Aayla Secura

[image=http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee31/Serena_Kenobi/IMG_5188.jpg] Quinlan Vos (again)

[image=http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee31/Serena_Kenobi/IMG_5185.jpg] Someone Behind Me? That's Ridiculous!

5. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Great stuff here, Serena! =D= You've really done a great job with each of these characters--I see a definite comic influence in the style, but you've also made it all your own! **nodding** Bastila looks particularly wonderful, and I love the ones of Securra and Vos--a ton of action in those! Great capture of facial expressions, and some awesome foreshortening in the faces and figures. And the "funny" at the end had me in an uncontrollable giggle, for sure! [face_laugh] Great stuff--you should have a go at inking some of these--they'd make great one-sheets! **more nodding** :D

FF

6. JediNat

JediNat Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2008
    Someone Behind Me? That's Ridiculous! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    I love your new art =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=
    [face_peace]
    -JediNat-

7. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Those are great!!! I love the shading, and the way you make your subjects (especially the women) so pretty :)

8. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    I love your style! [face_love] Wonderful new artwork. My favorite is Bastila, but Aayla looks awesome, too! I agree with FalconFan, there is definitely some comic style in your work, but you've made it your own (great) style.
    Can't wait to see more of your work! :D

9. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    These are awesome, Serena! I'm still cracking up at "There's someone behind me?" [face_laugh] [face_laugh] LOL! [face_laugh]

10. ttandc

ttandc Jedi Knight

Jun 10, 2008
    G'day jediserenakenobi

Nice work ;) very well done

11. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Thanks to everyone who commented!! I really appreciate your input.

Here's the Padme drawing I just finished for the July fan art contest.

[image=http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee31/Serena_Kenobi/P7100355.jpg]

God bless!

- Serena

12. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Wow, that's an awesome likeness, Serena! Brilliant drawing! :D

13. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Thanks so much, Idri!!

Okay, I was so excited with the way the new Padme drawing turned out, I just had to continue! - I feel like Edna from The Incredibles when I just said that.... anyhoo!! Here she is!!

[image=http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee31/Serena_Kenobi/P7100369.jpg]

Enjoy!

- Serena

14. ttandc

ttandc Jedi Knight

Jun 10, 2008
    G'day Serena

Beautiful work mate. Ever thought of re-mastering some of the dark horse comics? They'd love your work ;)

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Those are both amazing!!

16. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Wow these are absolutely amazing! Padme looks so lifelook, Leia,Bastila,Aayla and Quilan all looking great too! =D=

17. paltonae356

paltonae356 Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2008
    Wonderful! They all capture Padme's beauty nicely. ;)

18. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Nice pics, all of them! I liked the latest two, you captured them both so well. And your pen drawings are great as well, you are much braver than I! Also enjoyed the one's from the Clone Wars series, the captions were just as good as the pics!

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

19. Glitbiter

Glitbiter Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2008
    I saw your drawings of Leia and Padme in the challenge thread and was completely blown away. They're so beautiful, especially Padme, stunning likeness and gorgeous tone and detail. [face_love]=D= These really are amazing and I can't wait for more!

20. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Awesome Leia drawing there, Serena -- brilliant likeness. :)

21. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Thanks to EVERYONE for all the wonderful compliments - I really, really appreciate them!!

Here's Danya from the Talon Intelligence Squadron... or Kaylee from Firefly if you prefer.

[image=http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee31/Serena_Kenobi/DSCN0056.jpg]

Enjoy!

- Serena

22. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Wow, that's so pretty!

23. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    I'll say it again... just awesome! Wonderful Talon art... Danya looks fantastic!

24. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Thanks, Nat and Trika!! Appreciate it.

- Serena

25. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Great drawings Serena. Love them all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.