main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Serena's Art - Update 4/12 - How to Train Your Dragon digital arts and digital art Self-portrait

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by JediXManSerenaKenobi, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    NEW!!

Surprise!!
    [image=http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs40/i/2009/177/9/4/Pulled_Into_A_Kiss_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

This is done for my new short story titled Irony - a humorous Asajj/Obi-Wan fic. Let me know what you think!

- Serena

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] That's great!! Pretty hilarious :D I love Obi-Wan's look of shock.

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    [face_laugh] LOL!

Poor Obi-Wan! That's priceless!

I really like the loose look of the drawing. Very free-flowing and it serves the style very well. Nice job!

4. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Oh man, that is HILARIOUS! [face_laugh] Obi-Wan's expression is so funny!

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    lovely style. I like those new cartoons and Obi's face[face_laugh]

6. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    [face_laugh] I love the look Obi-Wan's face! that's awesome!

7. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    ROFL!! [face_laugh][face_laugh] That's too good!! =D= Perfect for Valentine's Day...although the phrase "Keep your friends close but your enemies closer" comes to mind, LOL!! I'm with our Moderator on the style--it feels very quick and easy, yet perfectly conveys Obi Wan's consternation and confusion--Asajj looks fabulous (tattoos always give me such heartburn, but you've done hers very well!)--and the irony in this moment is too great! I might just have to go read your fic now! ;) Well-done!

FF

8. BloodRaven77

BloodRaven77 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 2005
    I just loved that pic of Obi-Wan and Asajj!! So perfect! <3

9. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Nat: Thanks so much, Nat! :) I tried to make him look as shocked as possible.

HanSolo29: Thank you, I really appreciate it! I'm still experimenting with Photoshop, but I really need a tablet to enhance the work - it's such a pain doing it with a mouse.

Idri: Thank you, Idri! I'm glad you like it.

Earlybird: Thank you so much!

TheOnyJediPrincess: Thanks! I'm happy you like it.

FF: Haha, exactly! I'm still working on my style, so it's still in progress. I think this one turned out okay, though. Thank you so much as always!!! I really appreciate your encouragement. :)[:D]

BloodRaven77: Thank you!!! :)

10. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Okay, here's a new piece I quickly did last night as an experimentation with ink.

It's a moment from my story "Alive" that actually hasn't happened yet - the reunion between Han and Leia. Just so it makes sense why Leia's hair is short - she had an accident, got amnesia, and cut her hair. At the moment, she's working for Darth Vader, and the gang are out looking for her. So this is after Han and Leia are reunited. I can't say more for fear of giving spoilers away.

[image=http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee31/Serena_Kenobi/P2150830.jpg]

NOTE: I unfortunately have SO much trouble thinking up poses right out of my head, so I didn't create the pose - I just used the basic pose and outline and went from there. I DID draw the whole thing on my own, but I can't take credit for the original pose.

11. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, this is sweet!! And lovely :)

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Aww, nicely done!

It fits in nicely with the whole Valentine's theme this month. ;)

13. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    This is absolutely gorgeous, Serena! [face_love] There is so much tenderness in this piece, I love it. Like HanSolo29 said, it's great for the Valentine's theme. :)

It's also nice to see what Leia looks like with shorter hair, it's not often that we do. :)

Great job! =D= You know, you're one of those very lucky people who get to write and also illustrate their fanfics. :D

14. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    What you created is lovely and strongly emotional anyway.

[face_love]

15. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Nat: Thanks so much, Nat!! [:D]

HanSolo29: Thank you! It's partially of what I was going for.

Idri: Thank you, Idri! [:D] I think I like Leia with shorter hair - for whatever reason. I'm very thankful that I can draw - I've been doing it ever since I can remember. Although I'm envious of people who can draw without looking at anything else completely - it's people's bodies that give me trouble. Also, I really wish I could do digital art... oh, well. Someday!

AzureAngel2: Thank you so much! :)

- Serena

16. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Zatanna Zatara - DC Heroes
    [image=http://fc97.deviantart.com/fs41/i/2009/054/b/1/Zatanna_Zatara_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

Okay, this isn't a SW piece, but I loved it so much that I decided to put it in here. I'm really having a ton of fun experimenting with inks.

- Serena

17. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    lovely pieces Han and Leia so intense and nice colouring and the ink Zatanna is really nice too.

18. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Wow... these are fantastic! Great job here.

19. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Wow! I love your Han and Leia, Serena! Everything you do is just fantastic! I feel so warm now looking at that picture... very sweet piece. :)

20. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I'll add my own "Aww!" to the H/L piece--how wonderful! I'm really liking the figures and the pose--there's just so much tenderness and warmth there: the way his head tips down to hers, the way her cheek is snuggled into his chest... [face_love] Beautiful! And Zatanna...? Smexy! ;) Wonderful pen-and-ink there, and so much great detail! Well-done!

FF

21. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    Wow, that's some very professional inking on Zatara ! *is jealous*
    Your Obi and Asajj drawing is great, love his expression [face_laugh] And perfect for valentines ^^

You mentoined you weren't completely happy with your first digital colouring. It's great for a first attempt. I am wondering on your digital colouring, are you using the airbrush ? I think you have a good shading technique, but it looks a bit transparent, as in you can see all the strokes put down where it should blend smoothly. That's the fault of the airbrush, even at full opacity it doesn't come out fully opaque. If you use the normal brush you should get better results ! ^___^ And if you want the 'airbrush look' use a big soft brush and stroke it ;)
    Hope that helps some ^___^

22. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    [face_hypnotized]

Stunning! What a medium ink can be. Wow!

23. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Earlybird: Thank you so much!!

TheMacUnleashed: Thank you for stopping by!

Trikes: Thanks SO much, Trikes!!! [:D] I'm actually going to get started on a new TIS portrait soon. Finally. :D

FF: HEY! [:D] So glad you dropped in! Thanks so much!

Kiyuuchan: Thanks! I'm actually just starting out with inks, so I hope I can get better as time goes by. Glad you liked the Obi/Asajj! I know they're not the most popular couple, but they're both hilarious together. :D

I really am just starting out with digital coloring, so any help is greatly appreciated. I'll try your suggestions! Thank you so much! And I really appreciate what you're doing for the fan art community here. Thank you. :)

AzureAngel2:
    Thank you!

24. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Mmmmm... new TIS stuff, eh? I'll look forward to that, most definitely! Anything you do is always stunning! :)

And sometime when you get a free break, catch me on the Nest or via PM. I'd love to just chat with you about whatever. We don't do that often enough. I hope life is being good to you.

25. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    OK, again, this isn't from Star Wars, but this is my latest drawing, and I really like it. For once. :D

Here is the actress Zhang Ziyi - Sayuri from "Memoirs of a Geisha."

[image=http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs45/i/2009/091/7/5/Zhang_Ziyi_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

Good grief! I thought I'd posted this pic on here, but apparently, I didn't. Han really is the best.

[image=http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs25/f/2008/141/1/b/Captain_Han_Solo_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

If I have posted this before, I can't find it. Or if I have, let me know. I forget easily. :p [face_blush]

I was thinking of doing a Rex/Ahsoka piece, but I'm not sure. Thoughts or suggestions on who I should draw next?

- Serena

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.