main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Serena's Art - Update 4/12 - How to Train Your Dragon digital arts and digital art Self-portrait

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by JediXManSerenaKenobi, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    that drawing is so lifelike and should make a great Jedi too, one of the Padawans in JA

2. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Those are fantastic! Rex/Ahsoka could be interesting to see. I just can't picture them together, and so I'd love to actually see a drawing.

3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Those are gorgeous. I love that Geisha movie and the soundtrack. And I love your painting.

And Han, what can I say? Perfect! [face_love]

4. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    That's some cool artwork you have there Serena. I really like your earlier works on Padmé, and the one with Obi-Wan/Asajj is pretty neat. :)

5. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    The geisha drawing is GORGEOUS [face_love]=D==D=
    esp. her hair is soo beautiful

I need a dictionary for better word, lol ;)

For the present, it's my favourite of your drawings ^__^

6. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    :eek: Serena I didn't know you could skech as well as you write! you're very talented!=D= I love the Han/Leia one, hopefully will get to see in "Alive" soon[face_love] [face_praying]
    If you have an update list, would you add me please?[face_praying]

7. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    Some very amazing work you have! I love the Geisha piece! beautiful!

8. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I've been meaning to get into the dA account and comment there, but just can't seem to find the time--that Zhang Ziyi portrait is GORGEOUS!! =D==D= She is such a naturally beautiful woman, and you've captured all of that, along with that amazing sense of fragility she conveyed in the film...just gorgeous! I can't get over the hair--amazing--and the light...just beautiful!

Han is, as he is always, YUMMY! I love the bold, sketchy style here--very cool! Have you done the shot of him sitting in the cantina in ANH--all brash and full of himself...? I think you'd do a great job with that one, too! :D **shameless hinting** Another wonderful portrait of our beloved Han!

FF

9. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Ooooh, wow, I can't believe I never saw your art before. I really love what you're doing here, you're really talented! I especially like your Han & Leia piece... I'm a sucker for Han and Leia, and you captured a really sweet moment between them. Your two most recent works are just beautiful--Zhang Ziyi looks so gorgeous and I love the soft way in which you've portrayed her. And of course, Han is love, you did a great job with him as well. =D= I'm always in awe of artists who can do both realism and comic--I really struggle with the latter, although I'm hoping to get the hang of it eventually. You do both really well, so--respect!

10. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Earlybird-obi-wan: Thank you so much!

TheMacUnleashed: Thank you! I think I'll start working on that next.

AzureAngel2: Thanks so much! :) The movie was pretty good, I thought. And the soundtrack was beautiful.

Black-Dog: Thank you, I really appreciate it! :)

Kiyuuchan
    : Thank you!! I HATE, no LOATHE drawing hair because it's so darn complicated and boring, but I think this time, it didn't come out half bad.

Lady_Skywalker87
    : What can I say? I'm just perfect. :D:p [face_laugh] And oh-so humble, apparently... o_O No, I'm just kidding. Thank you so much! I don't have a list right now, but I will let you know if you'd like me to. :)

TheOnlyJediPrincess:
    Thank you!

FF: Thank you so much!! [:D] OOH! I'd LOVE to draw that scene with Han!! I'm going to go look up that picture now before I forget.

Iverna: Thank you!! I really appreciate that. I've only been doing comic recently, over the past few months, but I hope to expand my expertise in that area. Thank you for your kind remarks. :)

11. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    OK, here are two quick sketches for my fanfiction "ALIVE."

The first one is Leia. She looks rather scared and confused, but of course, that's because she doesn't really know what's going on.

[image=http://fc16.deviantart.com/fs43/i/2009/101/4/a/Leia___ALIVE_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

And yes, I know her hair is short. It's that way on purpose.

The next is an OC, but her original character is based on a real unknown Star Wars character, Red Three of the Rebel Alliance Red Squadron. Her name is Jalena Talray.

[image=http://fc46.deviantart.com/fs44/i/2009/101/7/d/Jalena_Talray___Red_Three_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

Both were first quickly sketched with pencil, then covered with ink, then colored with marker. Still working on it. The skin didn't turn out as splendidly as I hoped, but oh well.

Comments are appreciated!

@};- Serena

12. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    Wow, they both appear great. I really like how your OC Jalena looks.[face_love]

13. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    Your style reminds me of Grant Gould... do you know of him ?
    I think they came out very nice, and I really like the look on Leia
    Tho the skin is an odd color on the oc, but her look is still very cool ! ^__^

14. KotORBF2Female_Revan

KotORBF2Female_Revan Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 21, 2009
    Kewl drawings. Love the way your OC looks.
    :]

15. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Great job! I love Leia's expression.

16. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Your quick sketches are still totally awesome. I love them both, actually. Great work! They both look fantastic! :)

17. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, these are wonderful! Leia is so pretty--there's really a harkening to Padme in her look, and I like that a lot (I think it's in the eyes, mostly, but also the mouth--lovely)!

Your OC is awesome! She seems the epitome of the fighter pilot persona: very self-assured, perhaps a bit on the aggressive side, no-nonsense. Great costuming (we must wonder if it's typical of her homeworld), and I love the pose, too--very much "don't cross me!" And of course, we love our SW gals to be "buff," too--very nice muscle definition in the arms and abdomen! ;) Great work on both of these--and kudos on the bold colors--it really "pops" them! :D

FF

18. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Oooh, wow, I can't use markers for art at all... super job on these two! =D= Leia looks great, very alluring somehow. FF is right--there's something of Padmé in her face here, as well. And your OC looks pretty badass! I like the colours--her green hair and orange pants--they make her really unique and interesting. She looks like she can kick some serious butt. You did a great job making her look muscular without going over the top, as well. I always find muscles a real challenge.

Great job on both of these!

19. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Thank you guys so much!![:D][face_love] I don't have time for individual replies right now, but I will get back to each of you later.

Here's a WIP for the April Art challenge. It's just a rough sketch.

Mara Jade
    [image=http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs44/i/2009/103/8/2/Mara_Jade_WIP_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

20. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    OK! Here's the inked version.

I'd really like to marker it, but I'm not sure I have enough colors for her hair. Hmm... suggestions? Maybe I'll photoshop it.

Mara Jade
    [image=http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs43/i/2009/103/9/a/Mara_Jade_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

21. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    the sketch is already beautiful.

watercolours can do or colour pencils

22. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    whoaaa...

what a perfect interpretation of mara ! I just love this drawing ^__^
    her pose, her expression, the energy... it's all so cool, so mara-style =D=
    it's one of my favorite mara drawings ^^ (and she's one of my favorite characters) ^__^

I can't wait to see it in color !! Markers will go nice with the comic style, but your work with pencils is so beautiful like on the geisha drawing that maybe you should use colored pencils...

whatever you using, it will look wonderful ^__^

23. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Oooh, I love your Mara! The pose and her expression work so well together--she looks exactly like the "go get 'em" Mara that we all love. =D= I'd love to see the coloured version--I'd suggest coloured pencils given your obvious skill with pencils, or maybe watercolours (but I find those difficult and I know that it's real easy to mess 'em up; I don't know how you are with those). Either way, I really like this sketch and the energy that you've brought to her character her. Great work as usual!

24. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Thank you so much, Earlybird, Kiyuuchan, and Iverna!! Thanks to your very helpful suggestions, I took your advice and colored Mara in with colored pencils. Here's how she turned out. :)

[image=http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs42/f/2009/105/9/5/Mara_Jade_FINISHED_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

- Serena

25. QueenMother_LK

QueenMother_LK Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2009
    SO cool. I love Mara and I love this picture. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.