main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Serena's Art - Update 4/12 - How to Train Your Dragon digital arts and digital art Self-portrait

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by JediXManSerenaKenobi, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Niju

Niju Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2009
    wow! this pic´s are really good!!!
    =D=
    i love them! [face_hypnotized] =P~ [face_love]
    hope to see more like this!!

hug niju

2. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Niju: Thank you so much! :) I'm glad you like them.

Right now I'm in the middle of sending out queries for my novel, so I'm afraid I can't update as often as I'd like to. But, I am waiting for a digital tablet (yes, I'm finally getting one) to try my hand at digital art. If anyone knows some good tutorials with Photoshop or Painter, that'd be fantastic.

- Serena

3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Oh please take you time, Serena. I know how busy Darth Real Life can make us all and how nasty he can be.

@};-

4. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Thanks so much for the support, Angel. [:D]

I finally managed to get the first draft of the fan art challenge done. I'm not sure whether to ink it or leave it like so. Thoughts? Suggestions?

"Crash Landing On Dagobah"

[image=http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs46/i/2009/178/6/b/Luke_on_Dagobah_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

5. blackdragon189

blackdragon189 Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2009
    Wow barely nicks the surface of how infatuated i am with your art work!! Your ability to make them so real life in form and depth-an ability i lack in loads- is amazing!! I found your Mara Jade drawing and Aayla Secura are my most favorite. They seem to leap out at you, the body and figure needing little words to tell how strong and powerful they were.

Luke on Dagobah, though not one of my two favorites, is still incredible. Even without alot of shadowing, you already have an amazing 2D picture coming out at you. If you're able, i would love to know the best way to learn how to create more two demensional work, a goal of mine that i don't seem to be grasping since my children's drawings in comparision to yours continue to be flat and none to popping off the page and entering real life.

Please continue to post! How i love to see such great art work not created by some high paid aristant that's in a universe farther than Star Wars. In such, i mean that one day, i believe my drawing just nearly may be as beatufiul as your character art!! Of course by then, you'll likely be a famous graphic artist working for Dark Horse or such!! Be one with the charcoal, my new found idol!!

-P.S, this is my first post on Jedi Council Forums!! And does anyone know how to change their name....i don't like that mine isn't star wars related. I feel left out.

6. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    BlackDragon189: Wow, thank you so much for your kind remarks!! I'm so happy you like my work. I confess I'd love to work as a comic artist for any company like DC, Dark Horse, or Marvel. That would be my dream. We'll see if it happens. :)

I don't think you can change your name once you choose it, but I'm not sure.

OK, here's [b]Luke[/b] inked. The problem with inking is you can't erase. Grrr....

[image=http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs46/i/2009/179/1/6/Luke_on_Dagobah_inked_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    He is looking great in ink, even more intense than after the drawing. Great job on the challenge.=D=

8. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Thanks, Earlybird!! :)

OK, here's a quickie I did today - I'm trying a different style - mix of manga and comic, I think.

Wonder Woman
    [image=http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs46/i/2009/179/e/1/Wonder_Woman_portrait_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

Let me know what you think!

- Serena

9. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Hey all!! Here's my latest piece done for the fan art challenge.

Star Wars Heroes: Princess Leia

[image=http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs48/i/2009/188/c/6/Star_Wars_Heroes__Leia_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

Undeniably my favorite heroine in the entire SW saga. She's tough, doesn't put up with anything, and can take care of herself.

- Serena

10. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Here's a drawing I just finished for the new HP movie.

[image=http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs48/i/2009/198/9/3/Hermione_and_Draco_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

Let me know what you think! :)

- Serena

11. KotORBF2Female_Revan

KotORBF2Female_Revan Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 21, 2009
    Wow, Serena, you did really good with that potrait! =D=

12. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    I think you have done that very well :D

13. kikichan

kikichan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2009
    it's lovely ^W^ I can definitely see the actors in there.
    the eyes is my favourite part [face_love]
    I always thought they kind of liked each other [face_whistling]

14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    There is nothing wrong with the Luke in ink.

Also love Wonderwoman, even as a German... ;)

The Leia has a lot of drive and fire power.

And the HP piece... :eek:... what fine pencil lines. What supreme use of light and shadow.

15. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    I love your Princess Leia! =D= She looks like she means business.

And I really like your HP drawing as well. Nice job on that--they both have a great likeness and look very alive. Nice work!

16. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Revan: Thank you!! :)[:D]

morrison85: Thanks so much!

kikichan: Thank you!! The eyes were the hardest part for me - as were the mouths. But the eyes have to be so expressive. I'm glad you think they turned out well. Their relationship could be a love/hate relationship, I think. I like them together, too.

AzureAngel2: Yay! I'm glad I got Leia's girlpower down. Just what I wanted. And thank you!! Hermione was harder to capture on the scanner because I had to make her lighter.

Iverna: Thanks!! I'm glad it looks like them. He was a lot harder than she was.

OK, here's Leia in rough coloring - ROUGH key term here. I'm really just experimenting with Painter, since I basically have NO clue how to use it.

[image=http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs46/i/2009/204/6/2/Princess_Leia_rough_coloring_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

Thoughts?

17. KotORBF2Female_Revan

KotORBF2Female_Revan Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 21, 2009
    I don't really know how to use any computer softwares for painting, so I can't really criticize. [face_laugh] :p

But, yeah. Good job!

18. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    I wish I had that kind of software. Mine just pixelates everything which complicates coloring.

19. kikichan

kikichan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2009
    In my opinion, painter looks best as loose watercolor ^__^ that's what you used?

her skin is very nice. the dress is a bit scribbly, I think with practice you can have more control.

Not bad for beginner ^__^ and the drawing is very good

20. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Revan: Haha, :D thanks!! :)

LittleMissNightSaber: Yeah, mine does that sometimes, too. I think it's my scanner.

kikichan: I actually don't remember what I used... :p I think I used wet marker and maybe airbrush. There are so many different things to use it's hard to keep track. And yes, the dress really bugged me. The blue I used was too dark. Thank you for your input!!

OK, here's a drawing I did a while ago... one of my fave new couples. They're just so cute together!!!

The Title is from my Star Trek fanfiction "Every Breath". If you'd like to read, google "star trek every breath" and it'll be the first thing that comes up.

[b]Every Breath[/b]
    [image=http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs49/i/2009/206/7/3/Every_Breath_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]
    [b]
    Close-up in Sepia[/b]
    [image=http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs48/i/2009/206/2/c/Every_Breath_in_Sepia_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

Thoughts?

21. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    very nice Spock and Uhura and great use of lights.

22. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    Ooh, lovely! It's nicely cropped to capture the emotion, and you've done an excellent job on the likenesses. I like them together too, somehow... they just seem to complement each other. Logic and emotion, fire and water, ebony and ivory...

23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Spock... [face_love]... so cold that his skin burns...

Thank you!

24. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Thank you guys so much!! I agree completely, Spock and Uhura go SO well together. If they make them break up in the sequel... well, you don't want to know what I'll do. [face_skull]:p

Here's my piece for the challenge. It's still a WIP.

Padme and Susan Storm/Invisible Woman

[image=http://fc00.deviantart.com/fs49/i/2009/218/2/8/Padme_and_Susan_Storm_WIP_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

Thoughts?

25. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    It looks really good colored. Are you planning to make Sue partially invisible as well? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.