main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Serenity (a vignette, in which Padmé takes a walk in the forest ) re: PT write/re-write contest

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Meredith_Kenobi, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Title: Serenity
    Author(s): Meredith_Kenobi
    Timeframe: Shortly before RotS
    Characters: Padme, Qui-Gon's spirit
    Genre: Um....well, it's surreal. Dream-like, almost.
    Keywords: Padme, Qui-Gon spirit, vignette
    Summary: Padme' is going for a picnic in one of Naboo's forests, and meets someone she does not expect. She also learns something about herself that will change her life forever.
    Notes: This was written for the PT write/re-write contest. : George Lucas planned to have Qui-Gon Jinn appear as a Force Ghost in Revenge of the Sith, however, the idea had to be scrapped because Liam Neeson had recently broken his leg. In the Jedi Quest books, it is also mentioned that Anakin can hear Qui-Gon.

Write a scene in which Qui-Gon appears as a full ghostie. This can be to anyone post Qui-Gon's death. Obviously he can't be a live ghostie. It can be humorous, where Qui is more of a poltergeist, or serious, however you prefer.

~!~

I was inspired to write this after I was sitting on the branches of a tree that had been blown down in a recent storm. It was my favorite tree and I'm very sad that it is now gone. I suppose it was the will of the Force...

I hope you enjoy this. :) It was a very interesting experience writing it. I can't tell you how many times I closed my eyes to envision a smell or sound.

Thanks for reading, friend! [:D]

~!~

Serenity

It is not only what you see in a forest that makes it beautiful and mysterious: it is all of the things that each one of your senses retrieve, combined together in a profound canvass of beauty and splendor.

The only way to enjoy the magnificence of a forest genuinely is to close your eyes and experience it with every other sense besides sight. To see a forest is grand; to experience a forest is beyond describing with a single word.

As a young girl, Padmé had done this many times. She preferred the quiet solitude of a forest beyond any other setting. Not even the sparkling, crashing waves of Naboo?s oceans could compare.

She carried in her arms a small picnic basket and a tightly rolled-up blanket. She was searching for just the right spot and at last, she saw it.

She set the picnic basket aside and began to lay out the blanket. The spot she had chosen was beneath the shade of a large silver tree. It was one of the grand Oba trees that could only be found in the forests of Naboo. Oba trees can reach magnificent heights, some of them even growing to be as tall as 100 standard meters; this tree, however, was somewhat young and no taller than 40 meters.

After she had satisfactorily laid out the blanket, Padmé sat down on it and removed her boots. She then lay down, stretching out her body.

She stared up at the canopy of branches far above her and admired how they twisted and meshed together perfectly, like an artist?s intricate painting. Her muscles slowly relaxed and she allowed herself to let go of the worries of the day.

She closed her eyes and immersed herself completely in the forest?s mystery. She let go of herself?of her mind and thoughts?and allowed herself to mesh, like the branches above her, with the deep complexity of the forest.

Insects chirped and droned as they went about their monotonous purposes in life: pollinating flowers, gathering food, and reproducing. Their wings buzzed as they dodged under the branches of the trees. They never once slowed from their tasks; they never once stopped to rest.

There were many birds calling and singing, too. Somewhere nearby one bird was chirping more loudly and more distinctly than the rest. Cha-chirrap, cha-chirrap. Cha-chirrap, cha-chirrap.

The wind was flowing through the branches of the Oba trees and rustling their leaves. There was a Naboo legend concerning the wind and Oba trees. The legend told that when the wind passed by an Oba, it brought to life the spirits of all who had died on the world. It was s

2. Obischick

Obischick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    Wow... that gave me chills. Beautifully written! I love your descriptions of the forest and Qui-Gon. Very peaceful and elegant.

~Obischick~ [face_peace]

3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    That was lovely

How wonderful Padme was able to escape to the calm serenity of a Naboo forest. She certainly had enough stress in her life!

Do not worry. There is still good in him

I loved that Qui-Gon gave her the hope she would need to cling to in the future.

Great response to the challenge

=D= =D= =D= =D=

4. Meredith_Kenobi

Jul 20, 2005
    Obischick: Thank you very much! [:D]

KELIA: Thank you, KELIA!! I'm glad you liked it. :)

5. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    This was wonderful. I love how Qui-Gon spoke through the trees.

6. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    great way of tying this scene in with ROTS! made me believe it should have been in there :D

great work again Meredith :D you never seem to disappoint me :)

7. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    All I can say is wow. What a lovely spell to imagine, the way the trees are silver and Padme` breaks it by moving out of the light.

And such beautiful detail. Why, I was practically walking in the woods myself!

Beautiful, beautiful story.

@};-

8. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    The imagery is spellbinding and I love the reason you gave for the tree having its otherworldly silver color

Oba trees had their mysterious, shimmering silver color: because they had been touched by the fingers of those who had passed into the Beyond.

I too was brought into the Naboo forest while reading this and I'll admit I was compelled to read in no louder than a whisper...any louder would of broken the spell and mood of the story.

Bravo! Great job!!

PS- I liked that Qui-gon addressed Padme with her real name :)

9. Meredith_Kenobi

Jul 20, 2005
    ZaraValinor: Thank you, Master! Glad you liked. [face_blush]

anakin_luver: Wow, thanks anakin_luver! That's very kind of you, I really appreciate it.

LLL: Thanks so much! I'm very happy that you enjoyed it. :)

HandmaidenVeme: Thanks for reading, dear! And yes, *laugh* Qui Gon called her by her real name. :D

10. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved your response to the PT rewrite with Qui-Gon whispering her real name@};-

11. Meredith_Kenobi

Jul 20, 2005
    Thank you, earlybird. [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.