main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Serenity DVD countdown

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kahlan72, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    HOORAY for Joss!

I watched a lot of the special features whilst "the munch" was taking a nap ( curse the kid who's too young to watch violence and mayhem!! ).

Must say that I was grinning and smiling the whole time and getting so fan-girl it wasn't funny. It's so easy to feel like you know these people...actors and Joss I mean.
    Nathan Fillion seems like a very funny guy.

Anyway, I had a great couple of hours watching and can't wait to watch the movie AGAIN tonight probably on our big screen. Gotta love the big screen. Am I rubbing in the big screen too much? ;) Don't be too envious; at least you guys can watch the movie whenever you god damn please :)

2. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    whenever we want? excellent! see you @ 9.30 tonight with a bottle of red!!

3. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    f I'd known about JB before I'd've swung by for you BBN. But I didn't, so

Nah, it's all good, I gave them a call, learned it was in, and hightailed it into town to get me one. Love the reversable cover, and love the shiny slipcase even more. But not as much as I love the fact that for like the first time ever us poor shmucks in Region 4 get a better release than Region 1. Finally a little justice.

4. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    so, would I be correct in assuming that disc one is really the R1 release, and disc 2 is the shiny R4 stuff?

5. Nyder

Nyder Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    The only problem I had with the DVD is that anti-copyright ad at the beginning that it doesn't let you skip. I have to fast forward that bit. How lame of the government to put that there when you paid for it in the first place. I know there's some programs out there that can get rid of all that (government warnings and ads stuck on to DVDs).

6. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    so, would I be correct in assuming that disc one is really the R1 release, and disc 2 is the shiny R4 stuff?

You would be 100% correct. The stuff on the second disc isn't that great, but it's still worth watching. The Q/A with Joss Whedon in Sydney is quite informative and interesting.

And yeah, I don't like the piracy thing either. That who ad series is just plain annoying, with that stupid music and in-your-face style. But hey, my DVD player can jump straight to 60x speed, so it's over in about 1 second, so I'm not that fussed. I can live with it.

7. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    So it's almost 930..where are you guys? :)

Actually decided to not watch the movie tonight but jsut initiated my better half into the extended scenes and bloopers and that. I do almost know all the outtakes by heart now * hangs head*.

I didn't realise that disc2 was just ours. How nice :) Couple of extra scenes is nice :)

Hey I just use the pirate ad in the beginning to do my argh argh impressions and to go to the loo :) Sometimes at the same time.

8. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    ^ multitasker

9. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    I'm sure they don't have those ads in Afghanistan or Somalia, Nyder, you might try there

10. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    Didn't really feel like driving so far,
    So I got my own copy...:D

11. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    I'm busy watching Spooks Season 1. Tomorrow I'll start on the Ts.

12. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm busy watching Spooks Season 1

Awesome show. You continue to have good taste, Cargs. I myself finished downloading Season 4 just a few days ago (it was show in the UK months ago), and it is great. Yet another soul-crushing cliffhanger ending... Even worse than Season 2's, if that was even possible.

13. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    What's Spooks?

14. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    Well, I just popped out to the 7/11 to get a bar of Nestle CLUB and a bottle of Wimmers Sars...

So bring on the Serenity goodness!
    It's gonna be a late one tonight.

Bye Y'all![face_peace]

15. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    What's Spooks?

Dark, gritty british spy drama. The ABC has shown the first three seasons, though there was a year or two between 2 and 3. I highly recommend it.

I have all 4 seasons if people want to borrow them (1-3 on DVD, and 4 on my computer)

16. General Cargin

May 15, 1999
    Tim, I want Season 2. I d/led Season 1, and I'm hooked. I've only seen Season 3 at retail. :_|

Since when have I shown anything but good taste?

17. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Since when have I shown anything but good taste?

Indeed, 'tis true.

Well, I can lend you the Season 2 DVDs next time we have a meet or something (you'll need to remind me, because I can assure you I'll forget). Should they accidentaly fall into a DVD drive and get ripped and burnt, well, that's neither here nor there.

18. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    The DVD police are watching you! :p

19. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002

I seem to recall a fridge door... [face_thinking]

20. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    A fridge door you say... Hmmmmm, the mind boggles. Why it does that is beyond me, pretty strange too.

21. Nyder

Nyder Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    I'm on my way.

22. General Cargin

May 15, 1999
    Again, I say good taste. I could have chosen the big screen and Finn's crayons... I might not have survived the night in that event, and it would have been bad taste.

23. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    This hint is brought to you by the number five on your remote.
    o_O

24. General Cargin

May 15, 1999
    Joke
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    V
    My head

25. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    No twasn't a joke. Goob was pointing out how to find the Easter Egg on the main menu of disc one.

Speaking of which. We just viewied the movie on the big screen and were suitably impressed. Bit sad that it wasn't in DTS, although sounds just ain't the same when you can't turn the amp up to 50 cause kids are sleeping. :(

Also watched the filmakers journey doco again which I love. Love the bit showing River training. I want to fight like that.

Anyway, I'm still in love with my DVD. Anyone else?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.