main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Serenity on Friday September 30th

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Sith_Slayer, Sep 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Serenity hits theatres THIS Friday, Sept. 30th.

Who's up for a group viewing?

Not sure if I can attend myself, but this was discussed @ Media Play yesterday.

If you're interested, post where/when & perhaps we can get a group together for it.

2. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'll vote for either the Westy or Colorado Center

And it doesn't look like there are theatre times for the Westy on Friday yet. Or the Colorado Center :(

EDIT: On a sidenote, if it is the biggest movie out this weekend, the Colorado Center is likely to have it on the BIG SCREEN

3. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I am sorry to say I am gonna have to pass

it is my boyfriends birthday and I am gonna make him feel special=)

4. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    where is the colorado center at?

5. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Next to D&B's on Colorado

6. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Colorado & I-25. By Dave & Buster's.

7. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Thanks...that is my vote then.

Since I was driving all over creation this past weekend. :) MUCH closer for us down south.

8. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Still can't believe that showtimes haven't been posted for this yet. It's only four days out, fer cryin' out loud....

9. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Hmm... maybe I'll ask a friend from work and see if she wants to see this. It'll give her a chance to meet you all since she's going to MHC too. :D

10. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I just called them. They said they wouldn't have the times up until Wednesday.

11. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Barring anything going too wrong I'm up for it, and Colorado Center sounds good.

12. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    YEAH TERRY!

and YEAH further SOUTH!

13. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Wish I could be out there with you guys for this! I only started watching Firefly about 2 months ago, but I am SO looking forward to this movie.

Anyway, for those who are interested...

Posted on the Browncoats forum:

Posted: 16 Sep 2005 3:03 am
    Post subject: ATTN: Colorado Browncoats - Midnight screening on 30 Sept. Reply with quote
    Originally posted on the OB -http://forums.prospero.com/foxfirefly/messages?msg=25567.1

Hey Shiny Peeps!

The Mile High Browncoats are proud to announce a screening of Serenity one minute after Midnight on September 30th. Be the first in the state to see the BDM and see it with fellow Browncoats, their families and friends. We?ll have shiny autographed door prizes and a costume contest.

When: September 30, 2005 12:01 AM, the Theater will seat us after 11:00 PM on the 29th.

Where: Colorado Cinemas Olde Town 14
    5550 Wadsworth Blvd
    Arvada, CO 80002

Ticket prices are $9 for Adults and $7 for children or students with Valid ID. Tickets are not available through the theater box office.

If you?re a member of the Mile High Browncoats group, you can purchase tickets at our next monthly Shindig on September 17th. For more information on our group or the Shindig please visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MileHighBrowncoats.

If you live in the Colorado Springs area and wish to buy tickets please write Amy at
    KatGyrlGames@aol.com to make arrangements.

If you live in the Denver Metro Area and wish to buy tickets please write Moon icon_smile.gif at MileHighShindig@yahoo.com .

Hope to see everyone there

Moon

14. Sithis

Sithis Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 28, 2005
    GO BROWNCOATS YEEEEEEEEAH!@

SO thursday night at Olde TOwn 14 OK, guess its not at that I25 place but oh well

Ive been waiting since they were planning this waaaaaaaay back!

See yall there hopefully maybe not all of you

I will bring vera

15. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Saw it at a screening at the Pavillions last night, lots of humor! Great characters, exciting action.

16. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002

Ditto all that. Whedon was in typical form for this one.

For fans of Firefly, we get insight into the characters' pasts, as well as some resolution to plot threads left dangling in the short-lived series.

For those not privvy to the series, plenty of character development and storyline to go around.

I won't be able to catch this on Friday night with the group, but I'll definitely be seeing it a few more times.

17. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    We'll be seeing it Friday in P-town. If nobody's watched the Firefly DVD set, it's got 3 episodes that were never aired.

Kinda curious to see what might happen with Firefly going to Sci-Fi Network. Almost wondering if the show will be started up again...

18. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    For those who saw the movie last night...

I'm not asking for spoilers, but could you give me a bit of costume related info? I was originally considering River's blue/grey dress shown a lot in the previews. But I was a little iffy, because it's not a color I would usually wear for a regular dress, and hey, if I'm making a dress I may as well make something I can wear elsewhere, right?

Looking back at the trailers, I ruled out the long black dress because I couldn't figure out what the heck the deal was with the sleeves. And who wants to deal with making sleeves anyway? They're things of evil, and would rule out making this.

Then I noticed what appears to be a dark blue dress: sleeveless and with some sort of chiffon-looking overlay. You can see the dress in this promo picture here.

My question is this - how much was this dress featured in the movie? Was it a blink and you miss it sort of thing? Or was it on screen for a decent period of time? Basically, I want to make sure it would be a decent costume choice, and recognizable, before I consider the insanity of trying to make it on such short notice.

edit: couldn't get the original link to work, but found a promo pic of River alone in this dress; changed link.

19. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    got my tix this afternoon to the midnight showing tomorrow night. anyone else going to this one? I won't be able to make it Friday is the reason I decided to do the midnight showing Thurs.

I'd love to see the show pick up again on Sci-Fi...but I'd settle for many many sequels of the movie, lol.

20. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    We did manage to score tickets to this the other night.

T-I do remember that dress. She was wearing it for most of the second half of the movie. I think it would be fun for you to do. Just remember hair gel to get that look. ;)

21. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Thanks, Nnay! And thanks for the call yesterday to encourage me to do the dress! (I haven't totally decided yet whether true friends encourage you in your insanity or if they tell you you're insane, but I'm leaning towards the former for this case.)

Hey, so is that how you get that look with hair? I was wondering. Hair gel, huh. Have to see if my sister left some here. I know she left muouse

22. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    For those interested Serenity is on at the following times.

Colorado Center: 7:00 & 10:00 p.m.

Westy 24: 7:50 & 10:40

23. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    IF I go, which is still up in the air. Since I DID see it already.

I would go to the Colorado Center one. Nothing personal, just feel as if I have been driving all over the place.

24. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    7PM show, and grubbage at D&B's after?

Or grubbage @ D&B's and then the 10PM show?

I just need to know so I can plan accordingly

25. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I think afterwards at D&B. would be better...then we wouldn't feel rushed. Those who can't make to the movie and meet up with the group.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.