main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Serenity Screening Saturday?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Murder_Sandwhich, Oct 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    the movie was indeed better the second time around.

And when you take into consideratiom I'd finally got around to seeing the series.

Also: what was missing from the beginning of the movie?

Besides the kong trailer, which makes me shallow, I believe was the assessment.

2. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Maybe we were just too late for the Kong Trailer!

3. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    take my love, take my land
    take me where I cannot stand
    I don't care, I'm still free
    you can't take the sky from me

take me out to the black
    tell 'em I ain't coming back
    burn the land, and boil the sea
    you can't take the sky from me

have no place I can be
    since I found Serenity
    but you can't take the sky from me

4. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    yes, and I'm going to keep asking that question until you people stop biting!!!

5. General Cargin

May 15, 1999
    By all means, do so. I just felt like singing a song. :D

6. General Cargin

May 15, 1999
    Has the King Kong trailer even been released? I haven't heard any noise about it, 'cept that the movie is coming out soon...

7. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    It's been on t'internet for a couple of months now. Surely it will have to show at cinemas soon - it comes out in a month and a half!

8. General Cargin

May 15, 1999
    But then, do you think it really needs a trailer? I mean, it's King Kong. A film about a giant ape going ape-****, AND it's made by Peter Jackson. What more do you need to pull in the audience?

9. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    A good night was had. Dunno about the meeting spot though. Sorry Kahlan, but maybe in an eating/drinking establishment might be our best bet next time.
    I need to get some practice in BF2. We got smashed (er, ah, only after some people rocked up and distracted us. Yes, that excuse shall do!). Have to agree on the table, nice. Although something like Sizzler could also accomodate a group as large as we were. And might fit into everyone's budgets. We can sort that out for next time I guess. :)

Movie was great! Like my first time seeing RotS, I was so blown away by it I knew I had to see it again to appreciate it fully. Which I did. I noticed a lot of the subtle River humour this time, and I still love that re-entry sequence at the start of the movie that uses one shot to pass fully through the ship and introduce the whole crew. Plus it went from cockpit, dining room, engine room, medical room, to the cargo bay. Love it. That would have run for at least 4 minutes. Maybe 6.

I had a hard fight with myself, Cargin, to not buy one of those mudcakes. *GoobaFish is currently nibbling on potato chips* :oops: Anyway...

MS, good that you could see the movie! I saw your jaw open as wide as mine must have been when 'that guy' died. I also noticed that character got a lot more lines in the movie that I had remembered. :)

I bumped into Otter just outside MS's work, he was on his way home. He said to let him know about things like this and he'd come. I said he should check the boards so he'd know then they were on. :p He's up for more QldFF meets, and afer the fun had on Saturday, I guess we all are!

10. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    Hey MS the pain you felt in that scene was so real :( I had almost forgot you were seeing it for the first time

And yeah i am up for maybe meeting somewhere else next time, like on the other side of Adelaide St :p

11. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Why him!? WHY!? He was my favorite! Joss! Take it back! Use magic future medicine to fix him! Change him to Simon on the DVD! ANYONE BUT HIM!!

12. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    yeh, Joss! ur breaking his <3 :'(

13. Jamesolo

Jamesolo Jedi Master star 2

Apr 27, 2005
    Wow what a night! It was great seeing you all again, plus some I have not had the pleasure of meeting before. Much fun was had! Serenity...yeah...well I can't say much more than what has already been said. Seeing it second time around was good to look deeper into the movie. Trying to understand characters on a psychological level. Looking for hidden emotions. Looking for links in characters to real life. I'm not sure if this is the best movie for that. But it was good looking deeper into some of the scenes and it makes me sound smart...yeah...

As for Kahlan the queen of cool :p thankyou for correcting IC's mistake. As for IC, I will forgive you...but just this once :p Sorry for darting off both times. Note to self: Learn how to get to valley from the city. I would have come back to say goodbye but as I got to the bus stop, the last bus was just about to depart. Ahh the joys of not having a licence....anymore.

Again, was really nice catching up with everyone. I would like to do this more often!

And always remember.....BUT YOU DONT HAVE A BIG MELENIUM FALCON!

14. ImperialCourtessan

ImperialCourtessan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    I made a mistake? ... ME???????!!!!

15. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    My guess JamesSolo is that it is on the cards... any comment MS?

And I was tempted to play some up at Treasury... But the after-movie drinks was good! I think Manchester United won.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.