main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Serenity

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by gandalfbmg, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    *sigh* Don't know why I had it in my mind that C3 was the weekend RIGHT BEFORE RotS came out, not a month earlier, but now I'm torn: The weekend of C3 is the same weekend Joss Wheedon's Firefly film "Serenity" comes out. Now, I've already promised myself two things: I WILL make it to C3; and I WILL see Serenity on opening night.

So, anyone who knows the area know if there's any theaters nearby (I plan on staying as close to the con as possible and not having a car)? Anyone else planning on doing something similar? Help!

2. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Is this some art house, limited city release film or is it some celeb driven vehicle that will be playing everywhere?

There's an art house theater in Indy, but it's on the north side of town and only has 2 or 4 screens...there's the Circle Centre multi-plex just a couple blocks away with 12 or 14 screens, plus the 2nd run Hollywood Bar & Filmworks.

Anyway, if it were me, I'd skip the midnight showing of Episode 3 to go to Celebration 3....the movie will still be playing when you get back.

3. gandalfbmg

May 16, 2002
    *gasp* I'm surprised! [evangilized mode on] Serenity is a big studio sci-fi picuture, but staring a bunch of relative-unknowns, and based on the short-lived series Firefly, which was created Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel creator Joss Wheedon (who, to further enhance his geek-cred, is also the current writer of the X-Men comic).

Just like stong DVD sales helped convince network bigwigs to ressurect the 'failed' series as a film, strong support from the fan base will be important to ensure the further survial of the franchise (and if you're a fan of good sci fi, you should be rooting for the Firefly world to go on, it's the kind of quality not seen in sci fi since the days of The Empire Strikes Back.

[Evangilize off]
    I encourage anyone who'll be in Indy to look up the closest multiplex...

4. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Cool someone else who will be a Serenity that weekend :D

I can't wait for it!!

5. soonerjedi73

soonerjedi73 Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2004
    Joss Whedon recently posted at Whedonesque that the release date for Serenity has been moved to September 30th, 2005.

6. gandalfbmg

May 16, 2002
    Joss Whedon recently posted at Whedonesque that the release date for Serenity has been moved to September 30th, 2005.

I just saw that myself... I'd like to think that Joss felt my pain, but I'm betting not...

Oh well, problem solved!!!

7. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I would imagine that the change in release date has less to do with C3 and more to do with fact that it would have only a month in the theaters before ROTS came out and most scifi fans as well as anyone looking for a scifi movie would far more likely go to ROTS.

8. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Moved to September 30th, 2005.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

9. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    September 30th???

:_| Why, Lord....WHY??? I need my Firefly!!! The DVDs just aren't enough to hold me over until then!!!

10. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    I like fireflies. Thos cute little bugs that light up :)

Is it also the name of some sort of TV show or something? :confused: :p

*ducks*

11. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    *thwap*

If wishes were horses, we'd be eating steak right now...

-- Jayne Cobb

12. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Alrighty then, since this no longer has any sort of relationship to C3, I'm going to close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.